So tell me Sup Forums, are you poor at your 35? Why? Can you change your situation?

So tell me Sup Forums, are you poor at your 35? Why? Can you change your situation?

I can't imagine such a statement being said by a chink, where many rural people in the country are just born and stuck in poverty.

Bump

I'm not 35 yet, but

>graduate from U of Michigan with undergrad degree in computer science
>work in factory handling basic shit like patching factory floor software
>get laid off when the plant's customer goes under
>applying everywhere
>nothing
>calling in every favor
>get a job doing menial labor
>applying like fucking crazy for every job in my field
>couple of phone interviews, no offers
>go to campus career services, have them look at my resume, add a few more professional references
>still no job offers for anything above $10 an hour tier jobs
>I have no criminal history whatsoever, I have no social media accounts tied to my name, I look like an average person (no tattoos or piercings or other weird shit)

Several of my friends are going through the same thing. You have to be literally perfect, and then additionally be extremely lucky and then you might get offered an entry level white collar position for $40k a year.

Lol, calling chinks people on Sup Forums.
not even...

Where do you live?

I'll bet it's somewhere near a coast.

Plenty of coasts here in Michigan.

I've applied to a shitton of out of state stuff too. I can relocate in a day or so.

I'm assuming you didn't graduate from ann arbor? Otherwise I doubt you would have this problem. Shouldn't have gone to flint/dearborn mate.

I'm sorry bro, hope things pick up for you

wealth isn't everything. I have some really good memories I cherish and I wouldn't sell them for the world. I won't deny I'm poor as a result of my inactions.

Fun fact: my buddy who took mechanical engineering at Dearborn is employed by Ford while I'm unemployed with my undergrad degree from UM AA.

Thanks, user

I agree with him. Really the message is that your miss fortune is your own fault, and only you have the agency to fix it.

And I'm not (yet)35. I'm still poor thought.

I was poor at 35. Virtually penniless, in fact - I was a NEET. Had been since dropping out of high school at 17. I'm doing okay now, though. Had $100k income last year.

similar to me guy i was making big dollars at one point i can't even guess how bad it is if you actually have any kind of criminal record no wonder most of them stick to crime life.

Not even close to 30 yet, but here's my story
>Was working a good electronics assembly position
>Made about $15/hour to assemble Legos
>Made fucking bank
>Basically spent it all on anything
>Literally had no will to live, no gf, just kept going
>Finally apply for an IT position
>Kind of fuck up in the interview, say my true feelings on torrenting (try before you buy)
>And also was a complete freetard (I still am, but to a lesser degree)
>They tell me I need experience in customer service
>Quit
>Finish getting associates degree
>Work at fucking Kmart for 6 months at $7.75 an hour
>Get hired part time at a local computer repair place
>Only make $8.50 part time
>Have a girlfriend by this time
>Kind of a reason to live, still have major depression episodes though
>Finish my degree
>Full time at computer repair place
>Have an A+
>Still only make $9.50/hour
>Pretty deep in debt, deep enough that all my money is going towards paying it off
>My now fiancee buys my food, I literally could not survive without her

I keep trying to apply for IT positions, but there aren't a whole ton in my area and I can't just move to a bigger city...

i'm not 35 yet, but

>computer science graduate
>$130k/year salary
>$400k net worth (about half of that is from bitcoin though)

I apologize. I forgot. Fucking gooks.

Who is Jack Ma and why do I care about his opinion?

Also, not technology

I've got 14 more years, and by then I'll have Ph.D.s in Astrophysics and Mathematics so I'll have any job I want with a $300k salary

>Who is Jack Ma and why do I care about his opinion?

Who is Google? He made AliBaba.

>literally never heard of the Bill Gates of China
Get a load of this guy

OK, so he started an e-commerce site. Why do I care what he thinks?

I've read his story. It seems to me that he was just lucky... There are a lot of talented people who try hard, but fail. I don't put myself in this category as I am just a wagie and will never save enough money to start something. Also it's very unlikely that in the future we will see many more people like Ma, Bezor and so on. We have already automated/distrupted most of the industries.

>you will never be Elon Musk

>We have already automated/distrupted most of the industries.
lol

ALWAYS POOR

SEND HELP

What? The traditional retail sector is in decline. Banks are closing branches, ATMs are disappearing, we are going cashless, Cars and trucks are soon going to be self-riding. I have a friend in agriculture and he said they are investing a lot in automation, so they are no longer going to need cheap-ass immigrants. My daily routine is pretty much going to be completely distrubted in the near future. I don't see much left. And big companies are just going to buy out anything even remotely novel.

>caring about money
>not accepting the 4 noble truth

I've been awake for couple of hours already and I've had to do bunch of things manually already.
eat manually
brush teeth manually
shower manually
take out the trash manually
browse Sup Forums manually
And I got a full day ahead of me, all fucking manual. All of them business opportunities.

oh boy are you in for a surprise

>America
Maybe try moving to a country that cares about its population?

>27
>finally graduated
>hate the line of graduation
fuck me

>stuck
Free education allows anyone to compete for career and success.
If you lost - you're a loser get fucked.

Thats the way of thinking.

Even if you are born into poverty trap and it's clearly not your fault, the only way to live life is to live like it is your fault.

Fuck off entitled spoiled manchild.
When you are born poor you study hard at school, apply into college, live on campus, study during the day, work at night, graduate best of your class get a good job, earn yourself a good living you deserve.

If you cant do that then you suck and dont deserve to live well, somebody else will do it for you.

>graduate from U of Michigan with undergrad degree in computer science

BS from state college, and you wonder why McDonalds pays more?

Cert and Associates degree = pleb tier.

And where would that be?

(Not that guy and not American btw)

I can't read, the post

Sorry i dont sleep enough -_-

I'm 23.
>Still a student at a shitty UAS with mediocre grades
>No jobs because no experience
>Sent dozens and dozens of applications without receiving any replies
>Got an IT position from the military during conscription because apparently no one knew that such positions were even available.
>Set up backups for my cousins company
>Suddenly about 80% of applications turn into interviews.
>HP headhunter even wanted to fly me to Spain
>Ended up in a small and comfy local consultant company with a possibility for remote work and flexible work hours.
Even though I'm paid in figurative peanuts, it's more money than I've ever made.

>the joke

>your head

put $50/week into a diverse portfolio of crypto and retire in 5-10 years

>31
>college drop out
>pull 150k a year
>own house and 2 cars
>0 debt
>90k in liquid assets
>still single

tfw no gf :(

You know that you're supposed to have 2 years of experience by the time you graduate, right?

I'm not rich but:
>be me
>be working 2 - 3 months of a year on software
>sell said software on the itnerwebs
>take off rest of the year
>make way above average income (germoney, make as much as an engineer working for goolag in the valley)
>getting robbed blind by taxation. mfw being in the highest tax bracket while merkel imports shitskins who leech off welfare
>desire to be rich is 0 because of taxation
fml

>Ph.D.s in Astrophysics and Mathematics
oh, look, a future barista

>30
>married a rich woman
job jobbed

Denmark and Norway
The least kiked countries on this forsaken planet

>pull 150k a year
>own house and 2 cars
>0 debt
>90k in liquid assets
>still single

>Pretty deep in debt, deep enough that all my money is going towards paying it off
>My now fiancee buys my food, I literally could not survive without her

LOL

I'm 34 and have lots of buttcoins
Buying buttcoins early was the only thing I did in life and was enough

>couple of phone interviews, no offers
That means you interview like shit.
>>still no job offers for anything above $10 an hour tier jobs
you're inexperienced.
>I have no social media accounts tied to my name
red flag for most employers

I am buying some guns. Thus I won't ever get a chance to be poor at 35. I am poor enough at 31.

delusion the post

I'm 30 and NEET. So poor by design. Autismbux keeps me alive.

>live in shitty post-communist 2nd world country
>wages are low, but engineers and developers much more skilled than Rajesh and Pajeet
>every major tech company outsources development and ops here
>get job in tech easily with just a high school diploma
>make close to 3 times the national average wage

I guess I don't have it so bad.

>Bill Gates
literally who?

>he still lives in america after all this

just go to a 3rd world and be a king you dumbfuck

this. who cares about some shitty chink merchant?

>34 in a month
>Making 40k a year doing Tier 2 Help Desk
>No Degree, No College
>Was home schooled and have bullshit degree
>Work history was shite customer service jobs in retail

Doing bretty good. Not salary yet so any OT is actually paid to me. Been offered to make the leap to Sys Admin position but only at 50k and Salary with unpaid OT.

Fellow American bro here
>Graduate shit hole public high school
>Go to shit hole community college in the ghetto because cheap
>Graduate with AAS degree in Network Administration
>Have net+, and A+ certs
>Half way through earning said degree and certs, got a job in a unionized warehouse
>$19/hr, full health benefits, yearly profit sharing check and company gives me $6,000 per year for schooling.
>Contract change comes, company tells me I'll now make $31/hr but it will take 8 years with the company.
>They now give me $7,000 a year for schooling
>Am now going to a university that offers all online on top of campus courses for Cyber defense and Homeland security

user, try to find an automotive warehouse job. Any company. Ford, Chrysler, and GM are all unionized. They walk you in the door at $16/hr. Or try Hyundai, Honda, etc. They're not union but pay is around $17/hr maxed out. These jobs require you to drive a vehicle usually like a forklift or similar. So they train you. Moving chemicals around? Need certs for that. They train you. All this training and licenses to drive/handle things stick with you. Other warehouse jobs pounce on people with all their training done already.

The work isn't glamorous. But if you need money, it's out there

I'm too autistic to succeed in job interviews or make professional connections so I'm destined to be unemployed or work in a low-wage peasant job.

>fiance
>my

Pave your own way. Make something to advance society or at least provide entertainment. Then sell it. Have some creativity for christ sake.

That is why I am going as far as paying money for a few months of unpaid full time internship just to get enough experience in a relevant field so I can get my foot in the door.
>academic results suck, graduation dragged on embarrassingly long but passionate and do extracurricular hobby projects from time to time
>don't network, no facebook, linkedin, etc... social media accounts. Long since terminated
>huge employment gap with nothing but 60days of unpaid work experience at a small PCB design/production company that was happy with my efforts but wasn't interested in hiring engineers
>nervous wreck with the ever increasing automated HR screening one way video interviews with short time limit and no person on other end for natural back and forth discussion. I hate filming or taking photos of myself.
>not many local entry level positions
>too many Graduate positions outsourced to recruiting agencies, employers demanding far too much for the role since they pay a large sum of money to the headhunters.
>no contacts for nepotism
>not bending the truth or exaggerating
>jack of all trades master of none (Electrical, Mechanical, Software)
It is damned tough.
I got pretty close on one interview, it was a fluke. Contacted by phone initially followed by a final interview round through skype with two engineers.

This is my only option to weasel my way out of this rut and provide incentive for employers to test my skills, better than remaining unemployed or doing something completely unrelated.
I was a hair's width close to saying fuck it all and dragging my feet to work at whatever drudgery I came by first.
Working full time unpaid sucks, but I am enjoying the job so far.

they care about refugees more than about their people

>applying everywhere
define everywhere.
If everywhere means around your current location then you're doing it wrong.
If you don't live in a shithole then there is a job for you in IT, it's up to you to go where the jobs are.
being 35, working in IT and having no interest in doing IT-related projects on the side is a no-go for most companies, we don't want half-interested people who only do IT for a living. There is a shitload of "geek/nerd/whatever_you_call_passionate_people out there to ditch the others.

Well I'm 25 and I haven't had a job yet but I'll have a bachelors when I'm 27 and can start looking!
I'll have made it almost a decade of comfy living without parents and without working by then which I consider a successful life.

No excuse. I'm a white male that was born into poverty and got grants for college because no one in my immediate family has a degree. Got a job that paid 100% reimbursement for continuing education. I went to med school and have a M.D. after my name and don't owe a penny in student debt. Find a field where there's a shortage and work it. They practically suck your dick to get you to go to school.

35 with a six figure salary and working 0500-1300 is nice.

Are you retarded? Just contact a recruiter and work as a contractor for a year or two, until you have some practical experience to pit on resumes. Then you can get any software developer job you want

>tfw also 25
>got my balchelor
>getting master's degree this year
>still haven't worked a day in my life
>my greatest documented accomplishment in life was cool internship project and little google play app i wrote

i'm increasingly afraid that no one is going to want me for anything other than webdev. i mean, if you haven't worked while in college, you don't look very good on paper, especially with all of those tech illiterates passing IT degrees alongside me

the more i think about it, the more depressed i am

Props for citing being a white male as a disadvantage.

Take your motivational capitalistic american dream bullshit to Sup Forums or /biz/, this is supposed to be a technology-related board.

>didn't finish college
>always had a full time job
>scour the web for tech jobs
>all want a degree
>worm my way into an ISP as an installer
>prove I know my shit
>get promoted to engineer
>almost no school debt
>just bought a house

you are a loser, son

I'm not too worried because I can always just go back to running schemes online to survive. It would nice to have a real job that doesn't make the voices in my head chant KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF for all 40 hours a week like in some of my classes.
just stay positive homie the world is a shitshow. I've convinced myself that having nothing tying me down to any particular area of the country is an advantage because surely I'll be able to find a job somewhere in the country. I'm willing to go literally anywhere if the pay is at least a couple hundred higher than my bills would be per month. Maybe try to figure out what your advantages are and use them?

>live in shitty post-communist 2nd world country
>wages are low and the only way to make serious money is criminal activity
>everyone is fleeing the country so the visa queues are years long
>so many people emigrated that all the quotas are fulfilled and no one takes us in anymore
>colleges are a joke and recently pronounced as invalid in the eyes of the EU
>government is looking to extract every single penny out of the poor souls stuck here
>no opportunities here and no ways out
>doing freelance online for first world pittance which is an above average salary here
>still saddled with so much parents' debt that I won't be in the black for years let alone have the opportunity to save up and leave

I mean I'm in no danger but I feel like I could be doing much more anywhere else. Most of my peers left to study internationally bankrolled by their parents.

In other words

You have a vanilla degree that anyone from asian can be hired for half

your only work experience is completely useless or retard labor

refuse to work for a year or two in entry level

you're going to die alone

>Ripped off eBay
>Literally nothing brilliant about the guy
>Thinks he's hot shit
He's just the right height to Suck me off too

If you're proficient in c/c++ and willing to move to Miami. Apply to a company called Farelogix. Contractor C/C++ developers apparently start out at around $20-25/hr and they usually get hired for $47-50k/yr. And they seem to be short staffed with developers.

And get ready to be discouraged once you see the code base.

>Farelogix
where were you and this post 5 years ago?

You realize in China they have a Hukou system that means you can just get screwed by the government even if you did everything right?

I'm a freshman and already have summer internship offers higher than anything you said... I'm white as fuck too. What's wrong with you?

I'm 37, college drop out, and not poor.

>be computer whiz learn programming by typing in BASIC game code from paperback book into a trs-80
>get 486 in early 90s and modem get into BBSs
>take 3 years of programming in high school, install Slackware Linux in 1995
>get really into smoking weed in high school, like every day
>work in restaurant
>go to local state satellite college for CS
>girlfriend dumps me, get depressed, just want to smoke weed and drink with my high school friends who didn't leave town
>drop out of school
>get retail job selling tech
>start doing small office IT stuff for customers I meet at work
>move to state college town where the rest of my friends live that are on track with their lives
>still working retail selling tech
>immerse myself in party culture
>3-4 days a week is a full in party night getting wasted and trying to bang girls, God it's fun but what a waste looking back
>stop smoking weed because lazy
>dude owns IT consulting company, offers to hire me if I pass a Microsoft cert, I have two weeks
>pass windows xp cert, making $1/hr now fuck yeah
>get laid off as owner is broke
>jobless for 6 months
>2004 get job doing IT for large local company with 6 small satellite offices, lone wolf for these offices, total freedom, $42k
>spend this time installing Gentoo and shit posting on Sup Forums
>move to main company office as a Linux admin $60k
>get into devops stuff before it was called devops
>get job a major tech company doing 50% programming 50% sysadmin stuff, $100k
>now pretty much full time programmer in systems engineering making $140k (fully remote from Midwest)

You are in the wrong area. Jobs on the west coast are plentiful. People here in Seattle want $80 k/year entry level starting for having a CS degree and a pulse pretty much... Companies will hire them.

The UK seems fairly unkiked in its current state (although it's getting worse).

Because I deserve it.

Nah, I was citing only because people would assume I'm a minority or woman if I told them to get grants since it's actually pretty hard for a white male to go to college without ending up in massive debt because all that's available is loans if someone in your immediate family has a degree. Well, or a scholarship for being exceptional at something like a sport or instrument.

People assume that if you're a white male born into poverty, you're stuck there. You're only stuck if you're lazy and have no goals, or 'refuse' to enter a field that isn't your "dream job".

Jack Ma is a rich kid Marxist-Capitalist who gains pleasure from exploitation.

Here's the deal OP. You posted here, meaning half the responses will be successful people who will yell at you for not doing it well/right/smart/tough etc. The other half will jerk you off because they're in similar or shittier situations. The moral of the story? Do your best. It may work or not, but at least you fucking tried.

>no social media red flag for most employers
Where? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Hi user how's 1996?

Because i never worked a day in my life and still live at home.

>Denmark
>caring about refugees
Seema like DNA misplaced your mouth with your ass

Did you just go in with no plan or what?

My career basically panned out exactly like I planned.

Getting a degree is only a portion of the overall plan, it's the bare minimum.

I have worked for the past 5 years and never had more than $2000 at any time. And I do deserve it

you dont

No, I'm pretty sure I deserve to be poor.

>go to america
>get high paying tech job
>work 100 hour weeks, enjoy an entire 5 days vacation (remembering to bring your phone and laptop
>make mad bank
>trip over and break your toe
>spend it all on healthcare bills
>wife leaves you for Tyrone Nigglesworth