Handheld for SSH and serial

Hi Sup Forums, do you know any pocket device with a keyboard that I can use just for SSH and serial? Under 6 inches but above 3.5, and the cheaper the better (I live in Europe)
It should have WiFi and at least and USB for using an FTDI or something similar (although it's not very important, I need it mainly for SSH). I did some research but I couldn't find anything
Pic related would be perfect but I can't find it anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/droid-4/general
m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2056088.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpsion 5m.TRS0&_nkw=psion 5mx
ebay.de/itm/Sammlerstuck-PSION-Serie-5-Classic-in-OVP-kein-Peeling/192347461391?hash=item2cc8cd570f:g:xKoAAOSwXxhZ9Nkb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I almost forgot: preferably with Linux support, it needs to have a physical keyboard, I don't need Xorg so GPU and processing power are not important

in a month or so the moto z gets a physical keyboard mod.

I am using a motorola droid 4. Just need to get an OTG cable for normal usbs. It even supports mini-hdmi output, and I picked one up for about $80 AUD

Do you know if there's a way to add more characters to the [SYM] button?

That's not cheap, I already have a recent smartphone

I was considering it too, but it doesn't have native Linux and I dunno how good is chroot

There are plenty of keyboard mods on XDA developers, I'm sure you can find what your looking for there. If not, I don't think it would be to hard to make your own.
forum.xda-developers.com/droid-4/general

This shit then.

The OpenPandora is hard to find and pic related has a better keyboard.
The Pyra is a overpriced failure that will probably never come out.

I know, kinda a bummer. The nokia n900 runs full fledged linux, but it is pretty old by now. Then there's always postmarketOS, not currently supported by the droid 4, but I may try porting it when I have more time

>preferably with Linux support
Putty is too hard to use? SSH and Serial both in one.

The Nokia N900 is still perfect for just SSH and using it as a serial terminal with a USB to Serial adapter (unless you want to make a custom header for the onboard serial pins).

What does it matter it's old? It does the job.

buy a $20 dollar smartphone from wal-mart. Install ssh app. Buy a moko folding keyboard

Yes.
Get Gemini when it comes out.

It doesn't matter that it's old, I would consider the droid 4 old too. I just wanted to point it out because I don't actually have any experience with the n900, just heard from others.
From what I saw on ebay however, n900's are more expensive than droid 4's

It shouldn't be a problem, but it uses a GUI which I don't need

The N900 would be perfect but I can't find it under €100, and considering my use case it's not worth spending more than €50, or I might as well keep using my phone even if the virtual keyboard is a pain for terminal stuff

I can't really find a decent keyboard for my phone, it there was one I wouldn't need another device

Too expensive considering my needs

You can install Linux on ancient Psion 5!

Honestly a nintendo ds sounds pretty good

try GPD Win. costs around 400 euro

Shit keyboard is shit.

Sexy af, but I can't find it anywhere

I have a 3DS XL, but it doesn't have a physical keyboard

>Spending 400 for an SSH machine
As I said, too expensive considering my needs

>Sexy af, but I can't find it anywhere
German Ebay?

you guys dont ssh with your kindles?

Nothing in the whole EU

Actually, I do have a Kindle 3, the one with a keyboard, but the screen is broken and the last time I checked it was too expensive to replace. I'm not even sure if it works anymore

Are you retarded?

m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2056088.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpsion 5m.TRS0&_nkw=psion 5mx

They have both 5 and 5mx

The OG Atrix 4g had a full-size keyboard/LCD dock that you plug the phone into. The whole kit and kaboodle can be purchased for around $60 US but a rooted Nexus 7 with a Moko keyboard case will do the job as well

Both too expensive or auctions that will be won by people with an higher budget

I have a Droid Razr that I could use with a lapdock, but that's too big, I might as well use my T430
I also have an EeePC 701, but I'm looking for something smaller that can actually fit in my hands

Then get a used Thinkpad E series that fits your budget.

I use a cheap Bluetooth keyboard on my S7. $20, done. It's the same size as Apple's "mini" keyboard though, would love to have a decent clip-on thumb keyboard.
used to love my Blackberry for ssh... or at least I would have loved if the only terminal emulator I knew of for it wasn't absolute trash
but typing on it was great

PocketCHIP might be a possibility if you happen to find one on eBay, though the keyboard obviously isn't great for extended use.

>From what I saw on ebay however, n900's are more expensive than droid 4's
>The N900 would be perfect but I can't find it under €100
Seriously? I got mine for 30€ two years ago.

This would be perfect but too expensive for OP.

That's great, but did you think about how it will connect to teh fucking internet without wifi?

What's this?

What if you don't have wifi?

???
If you don't have wifi you buy a wifi dongle and if you want 3G you buy a modem dongle and a sim card.

don't worry
gpd win has wifi

N900 keybord is much better then it has any right to be, I think I would rather use that over a GPD WIN, the WIN's offset keybord is kinda fucked.

OP here, I'm not that retarded

Build your own with a computer module

Can't you just turn a raspberry pi into one?

I'd use this but ebay niggers keep the price ridiculously high

I got mine for 300€ + 20€ shipping though.

It's as perfect as they get for thumb typing on a device you old with two hands in landscape. Try doing that on or .

Indeed, the N900 keyboard is 10/10.
GPD Wins offset never bothered me though, as my thumbs reach over the middle.

My melanin enriched male sibling from another female parent!

I'd kill for a q10 running linux or bsd.

I use one of these, in winter I'm always wearing sweatshirts with pockets large enough to carry tablets so pocketing this is no problem but in summer I use a sackpack.

You can port stuff to QNX if you really want to run it on your Q10.

I seriously considered this and even ported irssi but it was surprisingly more of a hassle than expected. I just want them to throw us a bone.

>sackpack
what

not this again

Is this furfag's crazy rollercoaster seriously still going on? He had a prototype two fucking years ago, how incompetent can you be? Did he really take the money and run?

>Fujifilm X100
Excellent choice in camera user.

wait? hes also a furfag? I thought he's just a failed transvestite
well "evil dragon" makes sense now

Would you mind sharing how you built irssi for BB10, or did you actually port it?

>gaming linux console
why do retards keep doing this

emulators
that's it, really

Yeah, but things like GPD Win already exist.

windows has even more emulators

for very niche systems sure
but generally it just has better support

The new version that's supposed to come out in the next couple of months was leaked which has a better keyboard and an Intel Core M which isn't great but compared to the adamant amazing

>google
what

Is sackpack European nomenclature for those string bags? We just call them string bags here.

I'm in the US and I've always called them sackpacks

>I already have a recent smartphone
Then just get a keyboard for you phone? androids can do SSH.

I've tried one of these. Works well with Linux. Except the screen is barely visible in sunlight.

How long does your battery last?

Whats all this my dude? Whats it for my dude? You're really piquing my nerd interest my dude.

>Duckett

throw this shit away ASAP

OP said moat bluetooth keyboards on the market are terrible, and he'a right. IIRC LG made a decent one, but it's way too big for a smartphone

Can I ask what you people do with SSH and serial?

port 22 replaces telnet which is port 23 you stupid shit

Ok, then what did normies use telnet for? I can think of a handful of situations where I needed to run something on my home PC remotely, but not to the point where I'd need to have a micro PC in my pocket all the time.

Are you retarded ?

>

>>you don't need a microcomputer to access pics of your micropeen.
its just an unsecure remote host protocol. port 3389 will do that just fine. sorta.
stop asking so many questions.

dopewars

ssh is great for checking on your main pc or remote vps securely from your cellphone. just open a terminal and ssh [email protected]. you can use sftp or scp to move files or just issue commands like you would in any terminal window. start or stop services, whatever.

I have some servers I may need to manage, and I can use my main PC from remote to download stuff while I'm away and stuff like this, and maybe access to stuff I have there but not on my laptop

I use "stuff" too much, sorry

> co.uk
> EU

There are no customs from Uk to EU, so that's fine

OP here, I've got this, did I fuck up?
I plan to install Linux and hopefully add WiFi with an ESP8266 via serial

But anywhere that sells the GPD Win has frequent sales that push the price down into the 250-270 ballpark.

your android smartphone with ssh client?

That's an X70 m8.

Just mucking about with the Arduino reading the state of GPIO pins on the PocketCHIP.

>Psion 5
ebay.de/itm/Sammlerstuck-PSION-Serie-5-Classic-in-OVP-kein-Peeling/192347461391?hash=item2cc8cd570f:g:xKoAAOSwXxhZ9Nkb
>60€ with shipping perfect condition
what more do you want user?

30 EUR isn't much anyway.

I have an Asus EEE PC 4G which is tiny and can easily run something like Alpine

I recommend a nicer terminal like fbpad though

>and the cheaper the better (I live in Europe)
>Pic related would be perfect but I can't find it anywhere
I paid close to 600 euros for my original pandora, you simply won't find a handheld device with a physical keyboard that can run linux for a reasonable price unless you buy ancient hardware, hell, just handheld devices that can run linux are a rarity in and of themselves
you could change your needs to something similar that did hit the consumer market in numbers, something like small netbooks like the eeepc or lemote yeeloong