>Just Werks
>Best for Ga(y)ming
>Beautiful UI
>Fast
>No Windows Store
>NO (((NEW MICROSOFT FEATURES)))
>Supports new hardware (Ryzen)

>Not secure

I use it for games. It's great. Linux for everything else.

But muh new Microsoft gaming feature install a botnet to check if you're cheating

>5 rupees for pajeet

>Beautiful UI

Nah, maybe Aero+. It still has crappy font rendering.

>No Botnet
>Not Bloated
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>botnet with telemetry updates (and without them it's still botnet since xp)
>bloated because its windows and trash and aero sux
>ancient shit doesnt work
>gaymes are for 10 arent they
>aero is shit
>slower than 8 and any other os
>no good features
>barely supports hardware
either get a real os or upgrade

>i have no argument so i'll just act like a retard over here for a sec

>It still has crappy font rendering.
The only drawback. Though win8 and win10 failed at adopting high resolutions anyway so upgrading is meaningless.

There are nearly zero games that need 10 and those which do are cawadoody console tier shit

>botnet with telemetry updates (and without them it's still botnet since xp)
Don't install them
>bloated because its windows and trash and aero sux
Disable in 1 click (unlike 8/10)
>ancient shit doesnt work
It does. Only some 16x binaries don't but they won't work on any 64x OS.
They aren't
>aero is shit
Here we go again
It's not slower. Fresh 8 is faster but unstable. If you update it it becomes slower. Other OSs are incomparable, they are different systems offering different feauters.
>no good features
List them
Has better support than any other OS in history

I like aero... I dunno why people want to be all about that flatness meant for phones with battery to worry about. If I have a desktop and a good gpu let me take advantage of it as an option.

LOL
>no good features
A lack of "features" is it's best feature
You're full of shit my dude

Yeah, unfortunately. In W8.1 you can't even change anything much related to newer applications, Segoe UI remains and all that comes with that. Which sucks. Mactype has kerning issues and compatibility issues as well so it's quite shitty, not gonna lie.

There's some placebo going on

I think FreeBSD might have more "exclusive" (?) games worth a shit than W10 has.

>no good features
Yeah it sucks to have to use a different email client that doesn't check on my shit all the time and to have a search bar on the menu that actually happens to work

There is a meme going that aero slows performance because it has vsync. The funny thing is you can disable aero, but you can't disable vsync in 8/10 even though it doesn't have aero.

God dammit

I'm a gnu/loonix freetard nowadays, but Windows 7 will always have a special place in my heart. I still use it for muh gaymen machine and will forever be saddened when it's fully deprecated.

I'd rather have vsync. Fuck, that becomes a problem with some linux distros / DEs.

Also for some reason while using Chrome on 7 it sometimes slows down quite a bit while scrolling and I have to restart it on 7, while on 10 that doesn't happen at all.

That said I like everything else about Windows 7 which is why I'm using it and not 10.

yeah don't install updates and use ancient hardware it'll work right

Well if there is slower performance I sure as hell have never noticed it in 6+ years of using windows 7. I have vsync off in my nvidia settings anyway.

>ancient hardware
Is this some epic new meme?

>tfw going back to 7 after spending a year on 10

According to another thread apparently steam is also seeing this trend. People are getting tired of it's shit I think.

>ctl+c
>ctl+v
>copy failed so it pastes whatever was last successfully copied
windows 10 doesn't have this problem

I haven't copy pasted it though :/
Try again pajeet

This may be the most realistic comparation:

>less botnet
>the bloat doesn't reinstall back again after each update
>cannot be installed/used on new hardware generation without patches and installation package modifications like the usb 3.0 drivers

I'm a bit of a brainlet on Steam, why would people revert to older versions of it?

No I mean the latest surveys have 10 usage down and 7 usage up. Think part of it is also an influx of chinese users.

They don't revert to older versions of Steam. Steam surveys estimate that many people went back to 7 this particular month.

It's as though the fall creators update was garbage. I didn't notice almost any changes that could be of any benefit to anyone, but maybe some folks had problems, maybe some just didn't give a shit and went back, like me. 10 is tiresome.

I'm still using WinXP. I think eventually what I'll do is get a chromebook for web browsing and keep using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note-taking using WordPad.

Alright, that makes more sense. Interesting that it's the last month in particular that saw this trend. I guess that whole "update your PC or else" bollocks windows pulled on those who disabled auto-updates was the last straw for many.

my Win7 wont update anymore. Its stuck or something. Everytime I power it off it says its updating but nothing happens....
how fix??

>No Botnet
you're a dumb fuck

No argument
t o p k e k

All those laughing at you and win7 are correct.
What did win7 add ontop of winxp?
Aero?
That's all?
What you actually need from windows is to not index your data and let you run whatever you want.
The last os thst did that was winxp.
Win7 had already too many crawlers looking for files, services that consumed memory and that's it.
People were happy to jump to win7 because they wanted to get rid of vista. They never left xp for 7.
Ppl jumped to 7 when 8/10 were out ajd xp were eoled.
That's it.
Ppl who enjoyed 7 were 12yo milenials that never run xp and never faced the pre xp era.

Using it in a Qemu VM
GPU and soundcard passed through
Hibernation sometimes causes graphical corruption of text in menus, but otherwise it performs fairly well.

Honestly, I'd be using Xp if it was supported, but right now this is as good as it gets.

>It's as though the fall creators update was garbage.
It was.
Tried a fresh install and drivers were missing.

Make it 10