WaterfoxProject.org

Why aren't you using Waterfox right now?

Features
>Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
>Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
>Removed Pocket
>Removed Telemetry
>Removed data collection
>Removed startup profiling
>Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
>Allow running of unsigned extensions
>Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
>Addition of Duplicate Tab option
>Locale selector in about:preferences > General

If you use Mozilla's Firefox, you are literally using a slower browser filled with spam, sponsored extensions and features, Google tracking, blocking of certain extensions, data collection, and old features. Waterfox is also up to date with the source unlike other projects (e.g. Pale Moon) which are always outdated by months or years. And finally, many people are reporting Mozilla uses this money to sponsor domestic terror groups. youtu.be/KPgyTzqDJhM

Ditch Firefox now!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPgyTzqDJhM
njhomelandsecurity.gov/analysis/anarchist-extremists-antifa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it sucks

t. Mozilla shill

its literally the latest version of Firefox with none of your sponsored trash and google tracking

Okay sure I'll have a look.
>goes to project website
>first thing is a button saying 'Download for Mac'

Dropped.

The Day they will release a ESR version maybe for the moment only Mozilla provided it.

>durr why dont you use what i use durrrrr

But I am!

I have considered this as a possibility. I currently use Brave, but I could see this being a pretty nice browser if you want to stick with something Firefox based

Waaaah project has a mac port waaaah
Fucking nu-Sup Forums

i use brave and waterfox. brave is great just needs a bit more updates for some basic stuff. theyre focusing on non usability related updates recently unfortunately.

>Features
>Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
Or you could download Firefox without EME from Mozilla's website. Or you could disable EME from the settings. Since EME runs inside a sandbox in FF, disabling it essentially means it will never run any of that code.
>Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
Yes, it's deprecated. Which means it's not in FF either.
>Removed Pocket
>Removed data collection
>Removed startup profiling
This is the same entry. Are you really that desperate to make the list seem longer?
Anyway, most GNU distros already disable this, and disabling it is easy even if it's not. It's irrelevant.
>Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
Wait, so you actually want Flash, Java and Silverlight? What a moron.
>Allow running of unsigned extensions
Enjoy your malware.
>Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
Literally nobody will ever see after using the browser more than 2 minutes. Less if they use Firefox Sync.
>Addition of Duplicate Tab option
Middle-click on the Reload button.
>Locale selector in about:preferences > General
Congratulations. Finally something that Firefox doesn't have.
>If you use Mozilla's Firefox, you are literally using a slower browser filled with spam
No, it has no spam.
>sponsored extensions and features
You mean Pocket and Cliqz? Pocket is literally a bookmark. Cliqz is a search engine for Germany and will never be included anywhere else.
>Google tracking
Liar.
>blocking of certain extensions
NPAPI is deprecated.
You whine about EME but want Flash, Java and Silverlight to not only run proprietary code inside your browser, but to also manage the DRM? You're a hypocrite.
>data collection
Irrelevant.
>and old features
Such as NPAPI? Hypocrite.
>Mozilla uses this money to sponsor domestic terror groups
Complete lie.

the pain
the desperation

duplicate tab with right click is on dev edition/beta already
people have been shitting on mozzarella for a long time since chrome got it

>j-just use Firefox sync and our sponsored extensions goy!
>complete lie despite video link provided

someone is MAD as fuck

Placebo crap made by a 19yo Bernie supporter.

>Doesnt want BLM-donating sjws to get donations and google bucks
>19yo Bernie supporter.
haha

You didnt manage to come up with a single reason to use FF, butthurt tranny

>slow as fuck (even more than Firefox) and uses ton of CPU when you have more than 5 tabs open.

>Takes forever to load and deletes extensions on every update.

>Doesn't prevent pop-up windows from opening

Uninstalled and went back to using Chrome which starts in 1 second.

>this damage control

I've just about stopped using WF. It is slow, laggy, and froze my PC up this week. I don't know what's going on with it, but it's turning to trash.

disable multi-process

I'll try it when I get home. Only started maybe 2 updates ago, which happened 1-2 weeks ago. Very disappointing, used it for years now. I use the git version as well.

The video doesn't prove any connection between RiseUp and antifa. Hell, the video doesn't even claim Mozilla is sponsoring antifa. That's a lie.
>doesn't disprove my claim that Sponsored Tabs are a minor annoyance at worst
>claims FF Sync is somehow bad without any resoning behind it besides "da joos"
Sup Forumsjeets should go back to their designated shitposting board.
All these "features" are either irrelevant or already present in FF, so it's not necessary to use WF.

I have no reason to use FF with all the current focus on politics they seem to be focused on right now. It's great you support their brand of social justice, but I can't in good conscience support them throwing money away on worthless causes. Just a quick trip to the Mozilla website will give the impression of some type of charity organization.

>All these "features" are either irrelevant or already present in FF, so it's not necessary to use WF.
Oh, so it's not "necessary" is it? Why would need to be a necessity? How about no one wants to support the delusional leftists...?

>doesn't prove any connection between RiseUp and antifa.
Other than riseup giving them and other leftist criminals email and other services.

>Other than riseup giving them and other leftist criminals email and other services.
So does every single e-mail provider.

don't like downstream stuff

Because I have thousands of tabs open, so Palemoon is the only choice.

There is no "current focus on politics" the Mozilla Foundation has always been the same. Unless, of course, you're one of those autists that get triggered and scream "agenda" whenever someone claims they're for diversity.
Mozilla is not giving money to antifa. That's a fucking lie and not even Lunduke was delusional enough to claim that.
>How about no one wants to support the delusional leftists...?
Then don't support them. You're just using a browser, not supporting a cause.
>Other than riseup giving them and other leftist criminals email and other services.
It's Cock.li Nazi, then? Is Tor guilty of drug trafficking, child abuse and terrorism?
Let me remind you that the only "proof" Lunduke found was that some members of It's Going Down have a RiseUp account. Most of them also had Twitter, Facebook, Google and/or Microsoft accounts. Are they antifa too?
It's Going Down's official email is Protonmail and there is no official sponsoring or connection between them and RiseUp, plus RiseUp has been used by Wikileaks and it's recommended in the Install Gentoo Wiki and several privacy-focused websites.
So yes, that's a lie. Mozilla is not sponsoring "domestic terrorism" anymore than Tor is sponsoring child abuse.

why isnt riseup removing the accounts of these domestic terrorists like discord and others did to "white nationalists" then? why are antifa affiliated people on their staff?

Them teaming up with wapo and nyt told me everything I needed to know about their political leadership. There's just no reason to use FF.

But I already run Nightly in with Pocket/Hello, telemetry, data collection and startup profiling off, I have extension signing off and the multiple tab handler extension provide the duplicate tab functionality. My newtab is empty with a dark noise userstyle.
Why should I care?

You could also talk to a shrink and get that shit sorted out.

>Mozilla uses this money to sponsor domestic terror groups
>Complete lie.
Nope
youtube.com/watch?v=KPgyTzqDJhM

Great source, bro.
Bigfoot lives in my backyard by the way.

>Why aren't you using Waterfox right now?
Recent updates started performing terribly. I'm on Pale Meme now.

>I have no reason to use FF
servo.
If you can't comprehend how superior to everything servo is then we can't do anything for you.
Beside the sjw meme, firefox quantum/dev/nightly is literally the most bleeding-edge and secure gui browser out there.

can a mod deadass tell me how many posts OP has made

I never got such a strong feeling of shill before

>the current state of Mozilla shills
Shouldn't you be on Reddit, anyway?

because chromium is better.
gecko considered deprecated since 2009
deal with it virgins

>You're just using a browser, not supporting a cause.
just like the wehrmacht soldiers were only following orders. yeah, i see your point now

isn't Firefox Quantum better than all of this shit now?

Because Pale Moon exists and is better.

>We
So you're a part of the organization?

I'm not the poster calling it a complete lie, I'm just pointing out that random people making Youtube videos aren't reliable sources.
Then again, there's no point arguing considering that you're accusing people to be shills the very second they disagree with you and telling them to go to Reddit.
Crossboarders are everything wrong with neo-Sup Forums.

The whole alt-right/antifa circus is fucking ridiculous, no wonder the whole world is laugh at us Americans.

I use palemoon because it's still gtk2.

>is laugh at us Americans
>to be shills

Alex ase tis mlkies

Is waterfox going to switch to quantum?

I originally intended to write "people laugh at us", but decided to change it, forgetting to change to the correct grammatical tense of the verb.
Same applies to the former grammatical error, since you accused me to be one which I decided to change the wording to plural.
Deleting the entire post to correct two errors is excessive as the message still comes across clearly.

I left in some intentional errors in this message for you to find.

Sure thing, pajeet

use 4chanx IP check

also, fuck you

I admire that the dev took time to port it to that shit.

typical brietbarf/faux news fag

Can the false equivallency, champ. Your concern over the safety of windows and garbage cans is touching, but that's not terrorism, it's petty vandalism. Meanwhile, almost all terrorist attacks in the USA this year have come from rightwingers, be they raghead or redneck.

Not sure if Poe's law...

(checked)
Depends. If you can live without every single damn worthwhile add-on FF had, it's worth trying at least.

Why isn't Protonmail, Google, Microsoft and Facebook?
Your ridiculous stance on news sources told me everything I need to know about your political stance. There's just no reason to try to argue with you because you're a conspiracy nutjob.
You need to go back.
>gives money to antifa email
>ZOMG GUISE (((THEY))) GIVIN MONEYS TO ANTIFA!!1!1!1!1!
You're a moron.
Oh, and Lunduke didn't show any solid proof, so shove that video up your ass.

Too young to remember the yellow cake?

Nobody should have npapi plug-ins, period. Use the better sandboxed ppapi for its only true purpose: historic flash content.
WF exists because Mozilla really screwed the pooch with their recent idiotic decisions - the complete nuking of the extension ecosystem was absolutely braindead. No point in using the third place chrome clone.

How about always being on the newest version so you aren't regularly exposed to vulnerabilities that have already been fixed months ago?
Waterfox is still on version 55, which has been released almost three months ago now.

It's like you don't understand how security updates work or something

>ragheads are right wingers
but leftists are the ones who suck their dicks

I am and it feels like FF did before. All add-ons are working etc.

Antifa is officially a domestic terror communist anarchist group, njhomelandsecurity.gov/analysis/anarchist-extremists-antifa Dont try to sugar coat it

Does OneDrive/Office365 work on there yet? I stoped using it because my skool uses it, and compatability would be nice.

Nah, liberals are the ones sucking their dicks. I never put much stock in their intelligence, but the fact that they haven't ran Linda fucking Sarsour out of town shows America barely has a left left (ayy). Hell, most of American antifas are LARPing liberals.

Nigga we're talking about a country where filming or photographing abuse of animals in labs, abbatoirs, farms etc. gets you labeled a terrorist. As far as governments, especially in America, are concerned, "terrorist" is a term whose definition is left vague so it can be used whenever they want. It's our version of "enemy of the people".

You make some good points but you reach too far to justify your opinion and fall flat.
3/10, it's clear you put minimal effort into this, try harder next time and make sure to READ the documentation

>im the only real lefitst!
>my comrades arent terrorists!
lmao

I only use it for ALSA support.

>>Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
So it will be locked out of the internet?

>why don't you use waterfox?
Cuz I'm a fucking 32-bit beta loser

I installed it but extensions seem glitched
Also extension icons don't show up in bar

Just use Pale Moon faggots
I don't understand Sup Forums's issue and use of mental gymnastics over not using PM at this point

It's mainly because of the AdNauseam issue (which I don't care about since I don't use it myself).

FUD post, prove it.
waterfox is one of the few firefox forks that always works with all extensions

pale moon is old, broken extensions, and ugly. why do you promote that shit?

Have they disabled the SJW module extensions?

I'll think about switching from nightly if/when they ever do

which one? firefox is the one with pocket and the other shit, not waterfox.

Firefox 57 is far better nowadays. And if your extension is not upgrading then it deserved to die.

why did they even add Pocket? it seems useless

to make money so they could donate it to domestic terror groups

>Why aren't you using Waterfox right now?
No uMatrix.

wut, im on waterfox right now and umatrix works fine

> no IRC channel
> Our Official Sub Reddit

based on Antifafox -> cancer

...tranny? Interesting choice of insult.

Yiff in hell

my dude, i think it has something to do with the fact that you are using windows xp, not waterfox's fault.

Who cares if the creator is a furry?

what extensions are you using? you could try to disable them one by one and check wich one is causing the bug
also why violentmonkey instead of greasemonkey?

because it updated lagged and crashes for me, i switched to vivaldi because everyone shilled it, i suggest it everyone that uses water fox please dont use it anymore. You get html5 and flash in vivaldi in water fox it doesnt provide html5

why do these retarded posts keep popping up in this thread? are these soros hired goons or something?

just the basics
umatrix
ubo
privacy bager
https everywhere
tree style tabs
violentmonkey (was waiting to see what would happen with grease)
decentraleyes
etc

>some random rebuilds Firefox with a few build options changed
>distributes resulting binaries
>hurr why haven't you switched

so this is the power of open source

No windows version.

I'm using it right now. Does DownThemAll not work on Waterfox anymore?

Is it just me or is Pale Meme only playing Youtube videos at 360p ONLY now?

Works for me, actually playing 1080@60fps