These are literally some of the best monitors I think I've ever heard. Can anything actually beat these for under $300?

These are literally some of the best monitors I think I've ever heard. Can anything actually beat these for under $300?

Other urls found in this thread:

musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr305-5-in-limited-edition-powered-studio-monitor--matte-red/j42318000000000?rNtt=Jbl lsr305&index=2
a.co/g4PIzSZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>monitors
Wyd

musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr305-5-in-limited-edition-powered-studio-monitor--matte-red/j42318000000000?rNtt=Jbl lsr305&index=2

$200 for a pair is a good deal. its in red tho

They sound like $500 monitors. This is an insane price.

get 308 on sale, they are $50 off each right now

Are these a good option for movies/TV
I'm not a soundfag who needs sub rumble or anything

Yamaha HS5

Are these any gud for my gaming rig!??

Yes to both of you. These can do it all

I have a pair of these. I don’t have a single complaint about them other than the hissing sound.

That's pretty bad.

I have a couple and the hissing sound is only noticeable at complete silent and if you get really close, you will never heart it under normal listening conditions. If anyone is considering these go for them, I bit the bullet a year ago and couldn't be happier

The 308 are worse than the 305, aside from the fact that they’re like 2.5x the size, the cheap build quality undermines them. Although both are built with the same materials, what is fine on a small monitor is not on a medium-size, so you’re trading some performance more bass. If you want extra bass that badly just get a sub, it’s not like you’ll get accurate sub extension from an inexpensive 2-way, no matter how big or brilliantly it’s designed.

Yamaha HS is good shit but don't get a 5" pair lol

why not get a surround system if it's just for games?

If a monitor has any audible operating noise at all it's fucking trash, your shit is broken
Luckily lsr305s aren't only common but fairly standard performance, you could go Yamaha HS, KRK memes, or even mackies MR and have just as good sound as a *properly working* lsr305

It would bother me. I hate hiss.

monitors are for watching not hearing.

You are clueless.
>KRK memes
>mackies MR
>just as good sound
Yep, you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

hiiissssss. is snek

I'm planning to get a pair of 305s for a basic television setup. I'm not a basshead at all but I'm aware that bass in movies is not the same as bass in music; will the 305s have an acceptable level of bass for movies or should I get the 308s?

They're going to be paired with the el cheapo TCL 5P607 so it's not like I need top audio quality when it's just going to be paired with middling image quality.

Nobody needs anything more than a Micca MB42.

I current have the Audioengine A2+, I do most of my music listening at my computer so I can't have $20,000 6ft tall speakers. I plan(ned) on getting the Kanto Sub6 to go with it, but what would be a good future speaker?

Something like the A2+, but with a bit bigger driver,but doesn't take up too much space. These look great but they're a little bit too big, maybe. Consider this a bump at least.

lrs305s are cheap consumer garbage what did you expect

Just get a pair of solid 8" monitors and an EQ, they'll be big but it'll be the best audio option with the least troubles, you won't need a discrete sub with 8 inches of eq'ed speaker

my teac ls h265 and lepai.

I'm sorry but a monitor can als

I feel like I'll just have to get it over with and buy something like this, maybe some speaker stands or something so they can fit on my desk.

This only comes if you have a shitty motherboard, dude.

How does the motherboard affect it? Just electrical interference in general? I thought it had to do more with the amp inside the speaker.

might not be your best choice for that, it's a pain in the ass to connect them to a TV

it's not a high frequency hiss, and unless you're living in a cave with no ambient noise whatsoever, i bet you wouldn't even notice

Buy some 3way 80s stuff, and separate amp, cheaper better.

best amp/dac to pair these with?

hey you two, let me put in my two cents.
i have a pair and plug them into a scarlett 2i2 and i do hear hiss when i put an ear to the tweeters.

that being said, they sound incredible and i don't regret the purchase at all. but it's not the mobo that is causing the hiss.

That's what I thought. My own 2 cents, my A2+ also have a minor hiss when I put my ear up to it. I never hear it in normal conditions, even when it's quiet. I heard before it had something to do with the amp if they're powered.

Q Acoustics 3020 would blow these

It's in no way related to mobo you dumb tech illiterate newfags. I mean, it could potentially be caused by shitty source but who the fuck plugs monitors into mobo in first place?
Most budget self powered speakers will hiss due to shitty amps. Even some higher end ones will hiss. As long as it's inaudible it doesn't matter. If it's audible from listening distance then it's a instant return.
If anything, most common cause of hiss is shitty cabling in house. Speakers are pain in ass in general.

neat

Three things I want to point out:
1. You don't need 8" drivers to have good bass quality, especially in a smaller room. Speaker quality makes a much larger difference. Personally I think for anything from a desktop to a cottage 6.5" is the sweetspot. The bigger the size, the more you're paying for the same quality so only go as big as you need.
2. Powered monitors are dumb. It's nearly always better to get passive speakers and a seperate amp. Not only will you be able to replace individual components if you want to upgrade / if things get broken, you generally get the same quality of sound for cheaper
3. Take a look at the efficiency of a speaker before you buy it. A speaker rated at 86db at one watt at one meter will need a lot more juice and a bigger amp to sound good than a speaker rated at 93db for example.

Pic related, my speakers

is this the right cable to connect these monitors directly to my mobo? Thanks in advance
a.co/g4PIzSZ

>These are literally some of the best monitors I think I've ever heard.

As opposed to them being figuratively some of the best monitors?

1 is false. Take out your measuring kit.

Yep. Those will do it

hs7 is not that much more expensive (at least in yurop) so 5 is kinda redundant

nothing beats them sub $1000, to upgrade from the lsr305 you need to enter genelec/neumann territory

I got some Polk 45-b's and they're amazing. One of the deciding factors was them being 3 way. I don't see how one woofer could possibly cover the wide range of sound output, so having more speakers for different functions seems obviously better.

Plus they're pretty cheap compared to some of these other monitors I see.

Anyone else have these? I think they're amazing. Big enough to have some oomph, but small enough to not take up your desk space.

>I don't see how one woofer could possibly cover the wide range of sound output, so having more speakers for different functions seems obviously better.
no, that just makes the speakers rely more heavily on a proper crossover, which are garbage 99% of the time in consumer products like those polks. unless linkwitz is desigining your crossovers, stick to the standard two way speakers.

>no digital interface

Crossovers dont really seem like a complicated concept, why would you assume most crossovers are shit?

Also, frequency response according to woofer size is something that can clearly be demonstrated, and obviously a single woofer can only be optimized for a specific sound range, so why would you choose to go with 1 woofer instead of multiple with a crossover? Especially considering you're paying hundreds of dollars for this.

Other floor standing speakers have 3-5 woofers and they sound great. Even if some of the woofers are exactly the same, having 2 gives a lot more punch to your lower bass.

subjectively they may sound 'great' to the average consumer but they measure like complete ass.

I looked into those polks and actually both of the woofers are the same, so the argument of crossovers being shit doesn't really apply.

>They sound great

Isn't that exactly what you're buying it for? To listen to?

>but they measure like complete ass

[Citation needed]. I kinda get the feeling that you're fanboying by blindly hating multi-way speakers

Monitor speakers sucks.

The warmer the sound, the more enjoyable the music.

It's all just preference, yeah. But why would I want to hear ants coughing in a concert? Just because "muh precision"?

there's a reason why some of the best speakers on the planet are two way. even folded horn coaxial driver speakers are better than many multi-driver speakers.

>there's a reason why some of the best speakers on the planet are two way
again, [citation needed]

If you get into any big audio systems anyway you'll realize the limit of having just 2 speakers, so I call bullshit. Some of the best home theater systems have a huge array of speakers for a surround effect & equally distributing sound around the room. One of my peeves with having a 2 channel setup is that depending on where you are in the room in relation to them, they sound very different. All the bass is in the back corner of the room and all the treble is directly infront of the speakers

Thanks, just ordered to replace the Bose companion 2's I've been using

do you know what a subwoofer is?

>is that depending on where you are in the room in relation to them, they sound very different
this is what waveguides are for and this is why the lsr305 are so good

Obviously I agree that bigger drivers will give better base assuming the same quality, but a big cheap speaker that farts at you loudly vs. a smaller more high quality speaker that creates actual defined punch albeit not as loud or quite as low frequency for me is no comparison. Besides, the idea with number 2 is that since everything is modular if you want to shake the house you can add a subwoofer and still have better quality throughout the mid and high end of the spectrum.

Not sure which of you I was talking to, but try staying on topic.

the waveguide on the lsr305 causes them to sound more or less identical no matter your listening position

Nearly identical my ass. That graph doesn't really prove shit either, without showing the testing methodology.

freehand measurements in an untreated room showing similar frequency responses from off-axis measurement points relative to an on-axis listening position doesn't prove shit? ok dumbass, stick to your dolby atmos surround system and leave the real audio listening to the non-consumeretards

that picture is a classic!

Truth

What speakers are easy to set up with a television then?

you just need a TV with RCA outputs (red/white, yellow can be ignored) or a receiver with said outputs.

>he still uses analog outputs
I SURE HOPE YOU DONT DO THIS