Would it be physically possible for a smartphone to be as durable as pic related?

would it be physically possible for a smartphone to be as durable as pic related?

Yes just use diamond for the screen and titanium for the case

Yes but muh thin meme

>diamond for the screen
One shock and it will shatter into pieces.

Yes,but it'd have to be pretty thick, and with the large screens that are in vogue today, the volume would be much higher than most cellphones.

It's was not durable at all.

It's piece of shit low end nokia with plastic frame and horrible battery life.

Nice Nokia from that era was 6310.

But you're wrong, I had 4 of 3310's

Easily.

>4
So durable you needed four of them.

Beep beep

I currently have 3 smartphones, not one is broken.
Guess why I need them?

So you can satisfy your mom in every hole?

So you can impress your hoodrat friends.

I don't have friends.

No... The "smart" in smartphone comes from the fact that they are designed to break when the warranty runs out.

Diamond is hard, but shatters. It's very inflexible and not very tough. Hardness denotes only resistance to scratching. You can't scratch such a screen, but you could likely shatter a diamond screen by punching the screen or at least with a hammer or dropping it. Diamond is about twice as tough as normal glass. Sapphire glass (often used on watches) is twice as tough as diamond.

Smartphones would need raised edges around the screen like on the 3310 to protect it properly, that's the main problem.

But instead most smartphones has got screens that are elevated and even wrap around the edges, making them even more susceptible to cracking than they already are. It's like they're designed to be as fragile as possible.

Just look at the iPhone 8, it's got glass on both the front AND back. One drop and you're fucked. They degraded an already flawed design.

I guess, 5800 or what has this. Still breakable. 3310 isn't durable, just a simple plastic toy that was able to make and receive calls.

>5800 or what has this. Still breakable
of course, but that's because the frame is so flimsy, the same design made with proper materials would be way more durable than modern smartphones.

They it on purpose to rake in money from replacement parts.

>No... The "smart" in smartphone comes from the fact that they are designed to break when the warranty runs out.
t. brainlet retard

It is smart if you want to haul in cash from retard consumers.

Sounds like you might be the brainlet. Nothing smarter than that... Nokia lost a lot of money from having people use the same phone for 10+ years.