KDE is just so comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/wiki/Using-custom-icon-sets
developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-running.html
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2235382
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree.

it's so ugly on so many levels. weebshit doesn't help

I'm a weird fuck. I like KDE except for the mouse icon. They use a shitty gamer logitech G mouse as the template for a mouse icon. For that sole reason I am using Gnome.

it works like shit on nvidia gpus

>fedora
>chrome
kys

rhymes with 'gay' de amirite

Xfce is sexy + comfy.

Shame your search icon on the top right is grey and not white. :(

Whoa, never noticed that... Rarely use it. Here I fixed it for you :)

The more time I spend with you people. the more I realize "comfy" means literally nothing.

i dislike DE, openbox >>>>

autism

explain

Comfy is a personal preference, you penis recipient. Find your own.

theme name?

yeah that's my complaint too, Breeze-Dark icon theme needs some fixing. pretty small complaint considering JUST state of things over at Gnome

t. OP

That's not "comfy", idiot.

Isn't that just because clementine is old as fuck and no release contains the qt5 version? Development stagnated hard on this one.
Cantata is better either way, it also switches icon colors depending on background.

Looks like a ripoff of an actual comfy setup, Windows.

Unity comfy

>Not just changing the mouse icon

> The power of open source
> Can't even get the icons right.

see
The power of opensource is that I can actually fix it. Lets see you fix Windows.

Its in the screenfetch, but Yo Semite + Zuki.

You'll never understand personal preference, but hey, stress about it.

In Windows the icons are already the correct color.

Why do weebtards have to always show off their anime folders whilst also displaying how garbage their taste in music is?

Literally the most vain group of people, I swear.

XFCE is just so comfy

do you not get terrible tearing of video when doing the doo doo that you do with xfce?

laughing my butt off at all these linux desktops, you guys are really stuck in ~2012 aren't you?

enlighten us with you desktop then

No I don't get screen tearing. Old meme.

You couldn't handle it.

dwm desu

You got nothing.

looks nice, except that white line below global menu and that low padding on terminal (also, button position on terminal)

could see myself using it (coming from homOSeX)

>not white
go back to pol, g is a nigger and weebnogger board.

>2012
Sorry I havent been keeping up with all the state of the art advancements in desktop environment science.

well i do
tear when scrolly-scroll firefox, tear when youtube shows me cinematics and tear moving things around
that's why i make do with kde; tear-free is the life for me

get down on it

This is explicit Clementine behavior and a stupid default config... This is how Clementine looks with a proper theme (Adapta) and proper icons (Papirus + custom ones)

>Not using comfy Soft7

Clementine isn't even part of KDE.

>and proper icons (Papirus + custom ones)
I realize this isn't /fglt/ but how do you install custom icons on linux alongside an official pack? Say for example firefox icon is really ugly imo, how would I change that but keep Papirus for everything else?

You would need to replace the icon you want in your currently used theme for all sizes.

Clementine supports using a custom icon theme in your ~/.config/Clementine/customiconset folder:
github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/wiki/Using-custom-icon-sets

You can also set a custom GTK_THEME env var value when launching GTK applications. Don't know how this works for Qt applications.
developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-running.html

I hope this helps...

slow and buggy

Or you could enable system wide v-sync and not have to deal with that.

how would one perform such a feat?

You know what they say about stuff that ain't broke :^)

It's a closed source driver meme, they have a heavy performance loss tearfree option they can ejaculate over that forces x11 through their own inefficient compositor. I think the free drivers support that garbage too nowadays.

You're better off letting DRI3 handle vsync with a compositor like kwin/mutter/compton.
It has the same performance as wayland without the drawbacks of proprietary solutions. You don't even notice it.

DRI3 is default on free drivers anyway, xfceces shitters just have no clue about compositing.

The white line is easily removed, I just like it that way. Same with buttons, my desktop is completely editable.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

this

Switched from Unity to Gnome and then to XFCE and it's just perfect.

i'm on KDE myself

I want to like KDE but for me it feels so glossy.

Does it trigger you, snowflake? :^)

thats a theme thing you can always change the engine to kvantum or something and change these things to your liking

Install windows, shit works OOTB.

mind sharing the wallpaper?

It's just the album artwork for dopesmoker
I no longer have the image but should be easy to find

>current year
>not using xfce
Why?

Can you share that config?

Not if you change some config, then it stops the tearing

r u a hacker man?

>4GiB
>Gallium
>gtk2
>ugly theme
>ugly icons
>ugly DE font
>having menubars and window decorations on the terminal
>having a dock
>having desktop icons
>menu bar at the top
>using the DE's trash bin instead of deleting files
>fsociety
>Jason

clementine rocks

>nomad@love

I used to shit on KDE for being bloated and clunky. Then I tried Plasma this year and found out that it uses less RAM than Gnome 3. Now I use KDE and shit on Gnome.

KDE user, don't disagree one bit. XFCE is ideal for anything that can't handle something heavyweight like XFCE. It's development cycle is just a bit slow for my tastes, but I imagine that the long-term stability is a selling point for a lot of people.

Windows are for lames who can't splitscreen on command.

>Cantata
tried it just now, was worse than Clementine

install drivers

What fancy scripts are those?

actually the difference in usage resources between KDE and XFCE isn't as big as one might expect anymore, even though XFCE is still decently light. I've installed Xubuntu on 10 yo machines at school and all computers seem to be working very well. What I mostly like about XFCE is that it provides good means of customization OOTB.

From what I remember, a shitload of kwin rules, for literally everything. Might looks nice but seems a huge pain in the ass to set up. Instead, the tiling script just werks.

True, the gap has closed a bit. KDE is significantly less bloated now than I remember it being, even if it's still on the higher end. Main selling points for KDE imo are that it uses QT instead of GTK, the nice library of KDE applications, and the fact that it has no shortage of eyecandy. Both KDE and XFCE have plenty of valid use cases. Gnome has gone to shit, and has no redeeming qualities imo. I cannot think of a single reason to use it over KDE.

Since when I first installed Xubuntu, I never felt the need to try everything else, since Xubuntu has always worked very well. To be true, I don't know about the differences between QT and GTK, but may I presume that they mostly concern themes and WM?

huutista animehikylle

Xfce-dusk was a good theme, too bad it wasn't ported to GTK3

Don't listen to this guy your desktop looks nice.

Nice tabs hermanni

Mostly involves GUIs. Biggest difference is that GTK is a pain in the ass to develop for. Everyone who actually makes software fucking hates it. A QT based version of XFCE would be a godsend.

I see. I've found quite a good amount of GTK stuff I like so far, so I can say that I've been lucky, even though my desktop arrangement is very basic.

>using alsamixer with pulseaudio
nothing to explain you autistic sperg

install (or help develop) lxqt

it just werks :--)

r u a hacker?

>the weeabooism mental disorder poster

fuggg I remember that guy :----D brings back bad memeories

AYO HOL UP
U B SAYIN WE WUZ APPLE N SHIEET?

Can you share the wallpaper please?

>superior taste in anime
>trash taste in music

not

>tfw when you can't use KDE because you have Nvidia

nvidia has no linux drivers, you dumbass

thats wrong

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2235382

This solved the tearing on my rig after multiple other methods, give it a try

here you go

Kind of a shame global menu is only limited to KDE specific apps.

maybe, but doesn't KDE also have trash multi monitor support? I have 3440x1440 and a 2560x1440 monitors so scaling will probably be an issue too with .xorg on top of futzy multi monitor stuff

Thanks user!

yeah it totally is, and stable too, I'm using it right no-*THE WHOLE SYSTEM FUCKING DIES*

I've actually found that kde has some of the best multi monitor support. But I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. If what you're looking for is per display scaling, KDE has it.