/spg/ - Smartphone General - Razer Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Razer Phone hands-on review
gsmarena.com/razer_phone_hands_on-review-1678.php

MKBHD - Razer Phone Impressions! 120Hz!
youtube.com/watch?v=LzC_kkbFTHQ

MrMobile (Michael Fisher) - Razer Phone Hands-On: The Smartphone For Gamers
youtu.be/falRtMEk7Ac

The Verge: Razer Phone announced with huge bezels, no headphone jack, and dubious gamer cred
theverge.com/2017/11/1/16519692/razer-phone-android-gaming-specs-release-date-price-photos

Android Police - Razer Phone hands-on: 120Hz displays on phones need to happen immediately
androidpolice.com/2017/11/01/razer-phone-hands-120hz-displays-phones-need-happen-immediately/

Dave Lee - Razer Phone - The Ultimate Gaming Phone! (Video)
youtube.com/watch?v=bi2WfEI5V7Y

HTC U11+ is Official, Looks Absolutely Amazing, Isn't Coming to the US
droid-life.com/2017/11/02/htc-u11-plus-specs-us-availability/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/essential-phone-camera-quality-fix/
theverge.com/2017/11/2/16600358/tmobile-sprint-restart-merger-talks
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/falcon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want the no 3.5mm jack meme to die.

I just ordered an Xperia XZ1 compact to replace my aging Xperia Z3 compact.

>
>Check out the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
Anything over ~6" I'd rather a laptop.

what the fuck?
did razer win the smartphone game this year?

Looking to upgrade. I have the Moto X and really enjoy it, but I got screwed over on memory. The Z2 doesn't seem bad but >no jack turns me off pretty bad. Is the S8 any good? I'm on AT&T and would do up to 30 /mo for price

What's a phone less than $500 that has
USB C
Stereo Speakers
OLED screen
More than or equal to 64GB of storage
Headphone jack
Good support for custom roms and xda shit (pref lineage support)
Runs smoothly
Good camera

>no headphone jack
>camera is probably shit
Shame, it's almost perfect otherwise.

Why would anyone buy a Razer product? The QC on all of their Mice and Keyboards is fucking garbage.

Axon 7 is probably the closest

Just like Essential did am I right?

OG Pixel has all that except the stereo speakers.

Verizon man here.

What's the best android I can get that isn't samsung or pixel?

I want
>water resistance
>headphone jack
>ok camera
>ok battery life

Budget is $700

Sup Forums infestation in our sacred board may be greater than I thought...

LG G6.

No, blackberry keyone won

>headphone jack
>physical keyboard
>great battery life

If HTC would just put a fucking headphone jack in I would pick up a u11+ next time I'm in Taiwan

What's wrong with the essential now that I'm looking at it looks pretty good.

It's actually pretty decent for $499, but at its original launch price of $699 it simply didn't offer anything over the competition to make it worth buying

The camera apparently

xda-developers.com/essential-phone-camera-quality-fix/

No bootloop?
???

I'm retarded and just figured math. Meant to say budget of 900

Waiting to see what the op 5t looks like when they announce that, but the essential is looking pretty nice for $500 too.

What's the best mid-range phone I could get right now?

I had a MotoG4 but the screen got fucked up and replacing it was too expensive for me at the moment. I made a retarded decision to get a cheap Moto C while I could get a better phone but this thing is an absolute pile of steaming dogshit. No battery life whatsoever and the display is so horrid I can't even see the fucking phone in daylight with full brightness

My gf got a ZTE v8 and it looks nice but I have my doubts about it. Not too keen on another Motorola either

Nokia 8

Isn't the phone thick enough to get one?

Mi A1

Won't work with Verizon

Razer phone
>shitty camera
>no 4x MIMO
>no 3xCA

The Xperia Compact line is phenomenal. For the Z5C and have zero regrets.

Although it sucks that there's no real competition in the sub-5" high-end category.

Its literally a robin with no headphone jack.

I'll stick with my robin.

It looks like a so much better version of the nextbit robin

Don't kid yourself.

The company probably won't be around for much longer.

It's literally a robin that isn't shit

Needs rooting and will break every monthly security update.

>Stolen
It's literally made by the Nextbit team

Did I say it was stolen? I know next bit made it.

Give me a single phone with proper bands, 1080P screen, 3GB of RAM, Decent CPU, fingerprint reader, stereo speakers, and no boot loop issues for $129?

Hell try to do it with $229, go ahead user. You talk shit, let's see what's a better option.

Still may happen

theverge.com/2017/11/2/16600358/tmobile-sprint-restart-merger-talks

>Stock Android/8.0
>Headphone Jack
>SD Card Slot
>18:9 Resolution
>USB-C
>Good camera
What phone is this? Bonus points if it somehow gets constant updates

Verizonfag here, should I get the Essential? I like that it's $150-300 cheaper than the other flagships, but I don't really understand the small stuff these phones have

>Andriod 8.
>Headphone jack
>SD card slot
>18:9 resolution
>USB C
>Good camera
>Removable battery
This phone doesn't exist, and is why I refuse to upgrade

wait for the snapdragon 670 and adreno 6xx series of gpus

Just wondering the differences between Moto G4 and G5. So is it pretty much G5 is shit, G4 is best value and G5 Plus is the specciest?

Is the Honor 6x any good? I could buy it for 229€ (3gb ram). Should I go for some other Android instead? 250€-300€ price range, from Finland.

Got an LG G3 and I'm looking to upgrade.

The G6 seems the obvious choice at £400, but is there anything similar? I'm not spending a fortune on Samshite. I love the G3, but seeing the LG logo everytime I look at my phone for another 3 years seems boring.

What's the cheapest non-garbage phone I can get? Just something light that can handle termux, Signal and Sup Forums at most. My current phone might be dead so I'm looking for an easy replacement.

>touchwiz

Sorry for asking it there, but what's the best DS emulator for android?

You forgot 3 hour SoT, trash camera, no expandable storage, SD808 housefire, build of such soft plastic that even a baby could fold it in half.

>try to do it with $229
Redmi Note 4 or Mi A1

>proper bands
you mean US meme bands that literally no other country in the world uses?

>stereo speakers
It's better to have a single good speaker than two shit ones like on the Nextbit

Guys give me valid arguments for not falling into the razer meme, I'm so close

If the phone manufacturer can't spell its own name right, then you should avoid it at all costs

Get an ~old flagship, Samsung S5 or S6

see

i am a pleb newfag so i don't know what termux or Signal are but i'd say to get a cheap Redmi

Or maybe a Moto C or E

>price

it's not that thicc it's just that its bricky looking. also, people don't remove headphone jacks for the thiccness, they do it to have more room for internals, battery especially. there's no phone out there thinner than the internals needed for a headphone jack

Yeah, get it

the price is pretty good?
The only competitors with similar specs and huge battery are more expensive, like s8 active.
not sure was 3xCA is, don't care about camera beyond the essentials

Redmi Note 4 or Mi A1, 229€ or 299€ from Verkkokauppa

unlocking the bootloader for razer phone voids warranty as expected. i don't trust razer exactly enough to use the device without warranty.

Those are sitting at around £200, not what I was thinking of as cheap.

in the US: Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 for $40 and unlock it with a $2 code off eBay
Elsewhere: Redmi 4A for ~$90

What is cheap then?
Give us a number you fucking lazy cunt.

sub £150, preferably less than £100.

>£200 for a smartphone isn't cheap
Get a fucking job

Buy some string and 2 cans of baked beans. When you've eaten the beans, attached the cans together with the string. I'm guessing you can't afford to make heat, so you'll have to eat the beans cold like a fucking dog.

Now, not only do you get a p2p phone, you can also have some dinner

V20, without question, it's very affordable nowadays, removable battery, microSD, all the best aspects of what LG has been producing over the past few years and so far only a handful of people reporting a bootloop issue (and I mean literally a handful but no confirmations at all, just reports).

Fucking awesome audio quality, outstanding display panel in it (no funky 18:9 bullshit, just 16:9 as expected), long battery life, some community support, and again available nowadays for great pricing, metal body/frame, very durable, worth every cent.

Alright, thanks for the tip ill check them out!

Links chink shit that is only sold by the rupee.

Off brand SOCs, no compatible bands, and still more expensive.

Lmao, nice alternatives faggot.

Wileyfox
Prices might be even lower on Amazon

>Off brand SOCs
How is Snapdragon 625 off brand you retard?

+ HTC one m7 (4.7". dual front facing speakers. decent los support. 100$ for 64gb) (- bad battery life. Snap dragon 600 is dated. Camera is mediocre. Non expandable storage. 2300mah battery)

Lg g2( + 100$. great battery life even used get 5 to 6 hours sot with los. 3000mah battery 32gb ain't half bad. Camera is dated but useable. Official los support) (- speaker sucks a donkies dick. Non expandable storage. Takes awhile to charge.)

Its basically the same story all across the board if your that cheap user. If your spending 150ight I suggest you go chink rather than old flagship. Redmi 4 prime has a 625 soc 4100mah battery and quick charge all for 171 (gray version).

Today I got to play with the iPhone X. AMA

Thanks.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow, life isn't always this bad user. Chin up lad.

Who else is getting a iPhone x tomorrow?

What are some good 3D benchmarks or games that loop endlessly? I just replaced my battery and I want to kill the charge as fast a possible to recalibrate the battery meter

forgot to mention I'm on Android.

facebook

No one cares
normie retards
rich retards

any of the popular benchmark apps
dunno if they'll loop endlessly though
so you may be better off just playing youtube in autoplay mode, using long playlists
maximum brightness and vol of course
optional: highest res possible
optional: use mobile data if you've got unlimited. uses more battery.

just leave it in the other room doing its thing. shoudl be done in a few hours.

I said I want to kill my battery not submit to the normie botnet.

I found a benchmark called epic citadel. looks like it got a loop mode so I'll use that.

drastic worked well for me

Is the galaxy 8 any good? Does the screen cause any issues?

REDMEME NOTE 5 WHEN?

hardware is good, screen gives no issues. software is a hit or miss, I highly recommend disabling every process named "samsung" or "touchwiz" or if it has your phone carrier name on it.

seconding this, drastic is the best DS emulator on android. it costs 5 bucks but it's worth it for very good compatibility. the free DS emulators couldn't run megaman battle network 5 without massive lag or audio glitches, meanwhile drastic has no lag or audio slowdown.

Is it possible to flash a different rom on a carrier locked phone to use it with another carrier?

I have the boost mobile Moto G 1st Gen wiki.lineageos.org/devices/falcon and wondered if I could use it with Verizon since they are both CDMA. I currently have Lineage OS on it. Is there any way to get working with Verizon? Or do I need the stock Verizon Rom on there?

flashing a custom ROM won't unlock the phone. you need a SIM unlock code

Does someone who doesn't play games really have any need for flagship specs?

>Calling your evening meal "dinner"

You're either a Southern Poof or a fat bastard who reckons 2 tins of Beans are fair game at midday

what are some good websites / sources of information about basics of android and smartphone software in general?
I've just upgraded from an ancient one to a real smartphone and I'd like to get some foundation before starting to install anything and customizing my shit, if you know what I mean

really good DAC built in for audiophile experience
quad/4k HD screens for latest movie watching
lots of RAM for multitasking lots of apps

I thought cdma didn't use sims?

they don't but point still stands that you need the original carrier of the phone to unlock it for you

>calling dinner 'tea'
tea is a beverage, you northern subhuman potato mong

so considering I've never even had an account with boost mobile before what would be the chances they would unlock if I just call them?

XDA forums or Android Authority

Is the Galaxy S7 still worth buying? It's $480 on T-Mobile's website and will probably be further discounted on black friday

I don't know but most likely they will reject you if you're not a current subscriber.

Galaxy S7 is a solid phone but imo you should strive for the edge version. it has a bigger battery and the screen looks more premium. if you don't mind buying refurbished phone, there's some S7's on ebay for around $250-300 in good condition.

wouldn't they be more likely to deny if I was a subscriber because they wouldn't want me to go to another carrier?