Good cheap routers?

Good cheap routers?
Moving soon, want something that won't drop wifi every five minutes for handheld games, pretty much everything can handle 100mb/s download and 10/s up, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr842n_v3
lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1043nd_v4
aliexpress.com/item/Dual-Core-Mini-PC-Barebone-4-Ethernet-Lan-Nano-Itx-Core-i5-5250U-Pfsense-Firewall-Mini/32800603727.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Edge router x

I don't know if this is a meme in any sense but I've always had good luck with tp link routers

You would have to add a WAP with the Edge Router. Agree they are awesome I like Ubiquity.

Mikrotik hAP

Good cheap routers?

Anything you can put pfsense on it.

if you dont need 5ghz then
~25€ - WR842N
~35€ - WR1043ND if want gigabit switch

both are good, have enough ram and frash for lede / openwrt

lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr842n_v3
lede-project.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1043nd_v4

/thread

>cucking yourself out of massive performance

the absolute lowest you should aim is tp link wdr 3600 the only reason is that it gets open wrt and is decently capable to hold its throughout with a decent speed

No hardware NAT in LEDE/OpenWrt. So you will have shit gigabit speeds. You will get only a little over 100Mbps and that's unacceptable.

Shit toy routers and VPNs don't play well. AES-NI please!

>Anything you can put pfsense on it.

you dont put pfsense on an ARM tiny wifi routers that obviously OP wants
you are confused and think of openwrt or lede

if you want pfsnse firewall you you put that on an old c2d or on something like this
aliexpress.com/item/Dual-Core-Mini-PC-Barebone-4-Ethernet-Lan-Nano-Itx-Core-i5-5250U-Pfsense-Firewall-Mini/32800603727.html

OP is always a fag. And that what I'm talking about. That box is nice. There's some 4 core older hardware out there that you can find on aliexpress. They are pretty good!

Get a discrete router and AP. You can pay less and get dramatically higher performance.

Ubiquiti gets shit on a lot, but one of their $100 APs will easily outperform $300 wireless routers’ WiFi.

The other benefit is you can upgrade the separate pieces independently if you decide you need more WiFi/firewall/VPN/whatever performance.

This

Tena AC9 or AC15, cheap and good
also, Linksys EA6300/6400/6500

>Edge router x
Holy shit that promo video

What would be a good router to buy then if I'm going the AP route?

Get something Mikrotik if you know a lot about networking and get an Edgerouter X if not.

>Edgerouter X
Is the router software retard-friendly?

Cheap: Xiaomi 3g or 3.
Super cheap: Xiaomi Mini (that thing is actually good if you just do 802.11n) or random Tendas off Ali.

I think there are OpenWRT and translated stock firmwares for all the Xiaomi models, but I couldn't be arsed. Works fine as is, web interface can be translated by chrome.

Get a Dovado.

As lomg as you're able to read a bit of documentation it should be fine if you're tech literate. The webui is easy enough to understand. If you're completely tech illiterate there's not much left for you anyway out of shitty out of the box routers.

These guys know what's up. I use a mikrotik Poe router with a ubiquiti ac ap and it beats any consumer grade router Wi-Fi combo. Highly recommend it if you have the knowledge to set it all up.

whats the first sentence from OP?

If you have TMobile tell them your service at home sucks and they will give you a rebranded Asus Nighthawk for free (for wifi calling).

this, I love mine,

>Edge router x
This if you want something cheap thats not complete trash but if you are actually willing to invest get something that can run pfsense

ASUS RT-N12

Edgerouter X, been up since I got it

I work at Best Buy and Linksys gives us this one for $75 if we do a few of their shitty online trainings.

>pfsense
What are the benefits of pfsense? Is it just for total control?

pfsense has a lot of benefits its a routing and firewall solution as such has many packages for you to download and use it manage everything of your network in realtime alongside the full management of Vlans,QoS and more. Anything you can possibly do with your network you can get done with the help of pfsense with premade or custom modules.

is this true for all routers or will the more expensive ones not require hardware NAT?

pfsense or mikrotik

Wrt1200ac. You can get them as low as $50 off amazon...dont pay over $75. The deals just come and go, but for 50-75, they're rock solid.

How good are cheap ASUS WRT routers?
I need to replace my botnet router.

I need a new modem router. I want to check, if I'm running 8 poe IP cameras I can just plug that switch into one of the wlan ports on my router right?

Also any reccomendations? Probs will get a cheap ac52u or something

Apple router

Use Project LEDE(openwrt) instead.