Got a free xeon phi. What to do with it?

Got a free xeon phi. What to do with it?

Install Gentoo

Sell it to me

Why?

Knight's Landing?

Because I can pay

Corner

Train a neural network to draw dicks.

spread your ass chicks and shove it deep inside your rectum

Mine with it.

And put a sharpie in it too for old time's sake.

cum on it

Jizz on die pls.

play some sick games on that thicc cpu and also where are the HDMI ports

Give It back Jamal

It's a headless coprocessor.

Give it to me.

Either give it to an user like me who would use it
or throw it in your desktop, see how much performance increases

How does this thing actually work? Like, does it just register as extra cores and programs use them or...?

iirc It's its own computer running Linux with 60+ Atom cores, the host sends workloads to it and it reports back with results.

Unironically install Gentoo
>make -j65

Neat, but do they still make them? From Intel's site the icon representing it looks like a normal CPU with 72 cores.

I still wanna have it for fucking around with it.

It looks like they canceled the PCIe card and are just making the LGA version now.

Nothing, radical changes on architecture just make useful if you had last version.

Just watched the vid from Linus on the Xeon Phi. It seems neat but not for anything that I could ever use it for. Maybe for charity computation?

Yeah, I was wondering if BOINC had projects that support it. Would be nice, at some point I'm getting one for fun and am going to need something to do with it.

I'm a sucker for non-conventional hardware and software. I'm adding this to my list along with IBM POWER CPU's. Not that I will ever get one.

Landing was not put on PCIe in the end. Intel announced it, then 6 months later it cancelled everything before shipping.

So if he had a free Landing, he would need to get an LGA 3647 board that supports it.

I don't think there's Groveport boards available to mere mortals.

Plug it into a spare desktop to turn it into a nice virtualization server.