Women in STEM general

What can be done to get more women and girls in stem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEsr6XoACHs)
code.org/about/evaluation/proficiency2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THosee who want to be in STEM need to be recruited and trained. Not arbitrary sects of society that are shilled and marketed for monetary reasons.

You sexist piece of shit.

>Not arbitrary sects of society that are shilled and marketed for monetary reasons.
literally like in everything else? why should stem be so special that cannot be persued by purely economic reasons?

Invent better sex change technology.

t. (You)

The red solution obviously.
Get yourself an army, knock door to door, kidnap and put em to work.

It's not beneficial to human evolution and undermines intelligence and free will?

And what can be fine to make tjat happen?

lower standards even further

>All men are rapists
fire all men and start recruiting more women, girls, lesbians, tranny, etc

Just start purging all men because women have vag and they deserves more.

No.

Honestly, idk. The one in CS, EE, CE, etc, need to learn fucking social skills.(Path to understanding -->youtube.com/watch?v=CEsr6XoACHs) Women need to be raised to bring value and not just be consumers while men/society should stop pushing "drug culture" ie, quick fix, magical pill thinking.

I raped a chick once, now we're dating.

One big happy family

>What can be done to get more women and girls in stem?
Reduce the number of insecure guys in the classes.
Dudes running scared and then waving their dicks are the greatest turn-off.

>walk past group of stacies that were complaining that they don't have time to write all the essays for the scholarships they can apply for
"All of them are, like, twooo page essays!"

I guess we could just give them even more money and not have any essays.

There are people making money off of getting women into STEM at ANY cost. Not all of the girls have what it takes but it's not because they're dumb cunts who's parents never said no to them, but because math is sexist and racist and should be abolished.

>why should stem be so special that cannot be persued by purely economic reasons?

If it's purely for economic reasons, that should be already be enough of an incentive to get into STEM. There's no reason for SJWs politicize it.

Lower requirements.... math ir racist.

by dropping the "no true scotsman" mentality and welcoming anyone who is interested into the relevant fields.

Pretty much just stop being so damn Sup Forums about STEM

stop giving them free rides
women in developing countries have higher participation in STEM because they can't expect some husband to raise them out of poverty

Get men to stop instantly assuming we're stupid and will need their help. The shitty "boy's club" mentality is what keeps so many females out of STEM. Most people don't want to go into a field where they know they're going to get treated like shit despite all of their accomlishments and skills.
I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, so I went into STEM because no man, or system of men (or anyone else) is going to keep me from doing what I enjoy doing.
We can also start teaching females that they don't need to put up with the boy's club and their bullshit.

lobotomize men so we're on the same playing field

Teach young people what STEM is actually like, not bullshit school propaganda.
Give young people opportunity to make small STEM project in different fields to give them the taste of it.
Make it easier for adults to move into STEM fields.

Any engineer is socially awkward to an extend, this is what makes them an engineer in the first place, the way to think like a robot.

>I have no experience of the world, but someone brainwashed me into believing the world out there is up against me and my group: the post
>the solution to boy's club is a girl's club
What's awful is that feminists really believe this. What's even worse is that people believe feminists.

There are already more things done that deserve to be done.

Face it people are able to make their own choices. If girls do not want to go into STEM that is fine, if men do not want to get into humanities that is fine to.

I find the sexist notion that "women must be forced into STEM against their will" quite disturbing.

Anyone who wants is already welcomed. The issue is not with the institutions, which are practically begging for girls to come, but with the fact that females are humans who often have interest that differ from STEM.

It is actually disturbing to see this reply. Every second sentence you turn your whole argument around, you go from "get helped a lot" and "I do not want special attention", to "it is a boys club" and "I am treated like shit", can you not see the blatant contradiction here?

And after you complained "that men try to help you" you go on a rant about "men shouldn't keep me from succeeding", while disregarding that you just complained about MEN TRYING TO HELP YOU.
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT? You want men to leave you alone, then you want men to welcome you and the you want men to stop keeping you down.

At this point my guess is that men exclude you, not because you are female, but because you are an insufferable cunt who no one is able to deal with.

I seriously hope that you will not make it far into higher education and make room for people with a basic understanding about logic.

>I find the sexist notion that "women must be forced into STEM against their will" quite disturbing.

It's sexist in 2 ways.

1: It implicitly claims women's choices are wrong. By not being in stem, they are actively entering other industries. If someone has a problem with women not choosing stem, they have a problem with women choosing what they like.

2. It's sexist to see the absence of women as a problem in itself. Just because there are more men than women, it is seen as a huge problem that needs to be addressed. As though women not choosing stem is proof that the whole sector is fucked up and needs to be fixed.

dumb and miserable feminist(cunt) detected

>Most people don't want to go into a field where they know they're going to get treated like shit despite all of their accomlishments and skills.
gtfo

>Get men to stop instantly assuming we're stupid and will need their help.

Hey Jenny, we're getting a study group together do you want to join us?

>OMG patriarchy! Are you assuming I'm stupid? I don't want or need your help! I'm a strong womyn who don't need no man!

O-ok. We're going to go study.

-The class after the test-

>WHAT?! I FAILED THE TEST?!?! PATRIARCHY! YOU'RE JUST AFRAID OF A WOMAN IN AN ALL BOYS CLUB!

Well no, Jake figured out Navier-Stokes, I figured out Bernouli's, and Jeff, well Jeff was useless but he benefited from us working together anyway.

Honestly, when I went through college doing STEM working in a group was the best thing ever. We figured shit out faster and got a better understanding. Even if you didn't figure it out yourself you contributed by putting in your own ideas and trying it out. Your mentality is going to make sure you fail, which I see as a good thing. I don't want self-righteous cunts working along side me. I would rather have Jeff the useless piece of shit who didn't figure anything out, but still worked with everyone.

They way you type reminds me of Clint Eastwood's chair speech for some reason.

I am not Clint Eastwood, but I do enjoy talking with chairs so I guess we have that in common.

Ok so completely real talk, if you want women to join STEM fields, we need to change how it's advertised. Sex sells and I'm fairly sure it works for women too, so what you should do is get attractive looking guys at any event where they're trying to recruit. Make it look like all the hot dudes go to STEM fields.

Stop getting up in my face about how it's an issue, it's like a guy who never gets laid and then does nothing but complain about never getting laid. Know a sure-fire way to not get laid? Complain about how you're not getting laid.

I remember having a lecture in my final year engineering for the class that all eng students needed to take, and the guy's speech eventually devolved into telling us that women make better engineers and I can remember thinking "Oh, sorry for being born a dude then." What the fuck were we supposed to do about it?

Recruit attractive guys to advertise and hand out fliers or speak about engineering and how it's mostly an excuse to drink heavily and party and girls will start connecting the dots of "attractive guys + parties all the time." Sounds exactly like what high school girls are looking for. Am I wrong?

Just label psychology as a STEM
Boom problem solved

I have never heard any of my female engineering friends say anything about this at all.

The only thing I heard where they felt persecuted for their gender was one of them had heard someone saying that she'd only gotten into engineering through the women in engineering channels, which wasn't true and she felt hurt. Understandably so, she was very clever and totally capable of getting in on her own merits.

new wave feminism gives actual feminists a bad name and trivialises the actual feminists who are just looking to be regular people in society. Men and women are physiologically different which is why genders compete in separate sporting events.
New wave feminism is just bitches wanting a free ride.

>all this projection and strawmanning
Guys, come on, this is pathetic even by Sup Forums's standards.

Nice technology thread right here
Since women are faulty objects whose only value is just physical, the only relation between women and tech is to craft women, this time with hardware that doesnt rust so fast and less bloated software, and good people are working on it

This is before you even factor in things like the proclivity for males to enjoy coding more or be more interested in stem fields than females.

From here btw:
code.org/about/evaluation/proficiency2016

get chads into stem

>
>It is actually disturbing to see this reply. Every second sentence you turn your whole argument around, you go from "get helped a lot"...

Impartial observer here, she didnt actually say any of that shit. Read the post again.

I work in a top fintech company and this whole debate seems sideways to me. I was surprised when I started at my firm by the lack of general social skills. Its not that anyone is mysogynistic, they just constantly do things to make others uncomfortable. There's no "boys club" but lots of people are in the "don't always show up to work showered and then say cringeworthy bad taste jokes that arent funny" club. Its overwhelmingly men so these people who are already slow to pick up social skills are extra inexperienced being around women in a professional setting. (I don't mean that EVERYONE is this way. But there are enough that I understand the phenomenon)

Advice for men in this thread: yes women do have to put up with stupid BS from clueless smelly STEM dudes and its not really fair to them.
Advice for women in this thread: it might always feel like mysogyny but its often not. Stop attributing something to malice which is more easily explained by stupidity.

I'm a man, if that matters.

>Advice for nu-male:
stfu

Out of curiosity, could you list some examples of socially awkward people doing silly things?

while some intelligent and capable women exist most are stupid and disinterested in technology. Men and women are biologically different and are meat to carry out different roles.

This, anyone that says otherwise is a SJW piece of cancer.

make women smarter

>Men and women are biologically different and are meat to carry out different roles.
exactly

Indeed

Quarantine the mouth breathing neckbeards. If you go to there are always parts of any engineering building that smells like armpit and/or curry. I'm a guy but they turned me off engineering when I first when to college. I ended up in the business school and got a MS in statistics to make more money. Some women would be married and pregnant by their mid 20s.

>all women should be married and pregnant by their mid twenties
fixed

>Advice for men in this thread: yes women do have to put up with stupid BS from clueless smelly STEM dudes and its not really fair to them.

Oh the poor women. Having to work with colleagues who are different from them, *gasp* how tragic. Oh no. How could we ever solve this injustice!

Having to put up with stupid bullshit from those vain cunts isn't fair either, but you don't see me complaining.

Missed one for quarantine

>by age 15
ftfy

we don't because they suck at abstract thought or they leave the career to start a family. We should just focus on men and help men instead.

Nothing.
Women just don't like technology, and our cucked society can't accept it.
Having few women in tech is unironically a non-issue. Very few women want to work there -> very few women end up working there.
Most of those who complain are getting meme degrees in gender studies and will end up being a drag to society, while not actually contributing to increasing women in tech by going there themselves.

Seriously, I'm surprised people think this is somewhat a problem.

Pottery.

I wish I had a good study group at college. Most of my mates were downright retarded, and studying with them was actually more of a hindrance than a help. I ended up going completely on my own: I did far better after switching.

Why something should be done? Woman's task in life is to give birth to a lot of healthy children and be a loving mother at home.

i see you never came even close to anything stem related

of course not you'd be called misogynistic

>join robotics club
>almost 0 women
>treat them decently
>they all still quit after first year
The biggest problem is the group of anime autists who don't actually work at all and also hit on the girls.
The biggest percentage of females in computer science was the first ever class at Stanford, absolutely absurd that people who promote feminism want to force women into jobs they clearly don't want.

>autismo == engineer
keep telling yourself that the reason you can't get girls is because you're smart user :^)

Asian women get things done...

>impartial observer
>I'm a man, if that matters

Jesus christ do you actually think feminazis will want to fuck you with that attitude?

>why should stem be so special that cannot be persued by purely economic reasons?
Because a dumbass seeking economic satisfaction won't invest 16 hours a day of obsessive polishing and studying, during and beyond university for the rest of his life, into the craft; and therefore won't be equal to people who do have such an investment, and therefore he will never attain economic satisfaction that can only be achieved by those mentally insane pioneers who risk everything on a far fetched obsession.

This. It's backed by science too. Speaking in evolutionary terms the one with the dick who needs to be successful in order to get the pucci will be inventing shit to make himself better than the other man while the one with the pucci just has to sit around and make herself look good to attract the most successful man. Also having fucking ovaries and mamary glands means you're literally biologically designed to produce and rear children which is a task that involves a type of thinking that is more caring and understanding and less pragmatic and scientific.

tl;dr it's biology bitches

End the sexism of preferring them only because they are women. Men will stop having to wonder if they made it because capable or for having a vagina.

Inform them that most male allies are sexual predators.

Nothing.
Because i have this one and only life, and instead of wasting the precious time on random bitches and social evangelism, i'll instead waste it on my family alone and on whatever satisfies me as an individual on the entertainment level down to shitposting on Sup Forums.

There's a time for making sacrifices, and peace isn't that time, peace as in the condition that spoiled western femwhores and manwhores find themselves in for the past few decades and ongoing.

Cos shot engineers lead to people dying

>she didnt actually say any of that shit
>"Get men to stop instantly assuming we're stupid and will need their help."
Without a doubt that means that men offered to help her and she didn't like that, there literally is no alternative interpretation.
>"boys club"
is a direct quote
>"treated like shit"
is too
>"men (or anyone else) is going to keep me from doing what I enjoy doing. "
is nearly identical to "men keep me from succeeding" or a direct implication.

I do not see ANY point where I altered or lied about what she said.

electrical and computer engineers are the stereotypical autist but civies? mechs? hell no. I am talking about men of course. The chicks in hard STEM like Math, Physics and the tough engineering majors all are really weird people. Like bad hygeine, bad fashion sense, and awkward personality. There was this one chick I knew who when anyone talked to her she would rapidly look in all directions, you could never talk face to face with her.

My ex is doing EE. At a decent school.

She's still a moron with no idea of how to operate in a real world environment.

This is not atypical. Women in general are very booksmart, they can solve problem sets like a motherfucker. But in terms of bigger picture, strategic thinking, they fall behind yuugely.

tl;dr push the fembots into STEM at the worlds peril.

almost there quadsman, thats true for physics
there are a non-negligible amount of normie girls in math who go on to do finance stuff

The more prominent question should be "Should something be done to get more women into STEM?" and only after that's been asked should the other question even be considered.

I mean really, there should obviously not be any gender-specific barriers to the tech industry, but there should also not be anything trying to force/coerce people into a field they don't want to be in. Most of the difference in choice of workplace actually comes down to population level psychological differences and those can be traced to starting in early infancy.

In other words: A certain imbalance in STEM is actually the natural state of affairs, not an unnatural state of affairs as many "We need more women in STEM" advocates assert.

>Tfw there's a large group of friends in all my engineering classes who are just as lost as me individually but understand everything when it comes to test time because they worked with each other
>Only just recently befriended them and get help on projects
Don't be like me lads, find some niggas who are struggling just like you and studying gets 10x easier. If I did this sooner I probably wouldn't be so close to failing my classes.

Remove a girls uterus at an early age. So she has no biological purpose other than to expand her mind.

>Don't be like me lads
You can say that again... If you actually need friends to understand things you really do need to pay attention during lectures and read the material.

They may seem to know stuff, but their understanding of the material is going to be surface level as they merely got the answers from each other. This may help them pass the exams, but beyond that they've crippled themselves pretty badly.

I say this as someone who regularly used to overhear groups of people like this talk about how some slightly more difficult task was impossible when I figured it out in practically no time because I actually tried to master all of the material.

they literally do not care, stem teachers are already desperate for girls to join their classes but they're all fucking around in english

>stem teachers are already desperate for girls to join their classes
They should focus on teaching those who already attend classes to the best of their abilities instead of wasting time pursuing the intangible and therefore wasting precious time and focus.

That's why I skipped almost every class in college. Never had an issue and still did very well.

You kind of screwed yourself out of practically half the benefits higher education. Higher education is not just for learning stuff, it's also for networking with other people learning the stuff and people who want to recruit people learning the stuff you're learning.

Try to make math and science more appealing by teaching them practical applications for women

Teach them game theory with practical examples of how it can be applied to outsmart other women when it comes to securing high quality males, how to secure beauty/fashion products that are scarce and in high demand, etc

How to balance a budget and cut costs so that there's more money available for beauty/fashion products, massages, etc

Show them practical examples of how you can use different fields of science to alter your physique via makeup, surgery, or drugs

Networking my ass. 3/4 of my mates were complete retards who aren't worth being "networked to" anyway. I still went to job fairs and never had any issue finding good jobs.
I just skipped useless lectures when attendance wasn't mandatory. I don't see how this is harmful in any way: more time to study, less stress, same or better results.

But I should also make another point.
The whole point of going to college is getting a degree. Period. No amount of cucked propaganda is going to change that.
If you make interesting connections while at college, great, but don't think that's the only place in the world to get them, even for those jobs that absolutely require a degree (medicine, law, ecc...).

Marie Curie didn't happen because someone made her into a scientist, she happened on her own and under her own independent rules.

In the same way, coercing women into STEM won't make them Marie Curie's, because a Marie Curie requires an independent mindset rather than one coerced by an exterior force like Feminism.

At best, coercing women into some field of study can only make you feel good about yourself because you've manipulated a bunch of women into making life decisions and therefore herded them like sheep, sentencing their lives yourself rather than allowing them to choose their own destinies.
God complex.

Agreed.
Despite what every professor has been telling me for years, real learning has always been happening when studying alone for me.

Why not more women in forestry or crab fishing?

Those jobs aren't trendy enough.

I'm fine with women in STEM as long as they only join companies as "comfort women". It's the only thing they are good at and it will increase company morale.

>ecc
>trying to give intellectual advice

If they aren't fighting for these fields as well it's a hypocritical bullshit movement.

kek, i'm glad most of you are so mentally weak that 95% of you get turned off by something as stupid as "the boy's club", less competition for me.

It unironically is.

exactly why college is useless, learn on your own.

You already don't need any evidence of feminism being a hypocritical movement when you have the very name itself.
- Egalitarianism and the concept of equality existed long before feminism, and feminism finding itself so arrogantly important that it distances itself as a special separate branch is a hypocritical deviation since it breaks the notion that there should be no special category among humans.
- Both men and women weren't allowed to vote under monarchies and other such authoritarian systems, and both men and women in the noble and royal classes demeaned and suppressed those beneath them, women and men both having power over lower class men and women.
To talk about voting rights being an inherent struggle to women only, or being a struggle lead by feminists, is revolting and contrary to history itself. You literally have to have no education of what a monarchy or a feudal system is to spout such self-absorbed garbage. Another hypocrisy of feminism.

Feminism is by definition hypocrisy. It justifies itself as necessary hypocrisy because "radical times call for radical measures", yet history proves that fighting radicalism with radicalism only leads to one injustice substituting another in a veil of virtue which is merely a veil.

If they wanna go into stem they can earn it like everyone else stop with the special treatment, its killing stem

Is college necessary for learning? No.
Is a degree required for some fields? Unfortunately, yes.

Based user.