What the fuck?

Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria, South Korea - explain yourselves now!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2zq2nrucg
youtube.com/watch?v=RTbL1hH19BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

... seriously die.

Armyfan much ?

Care to know the definition of stale-mate situation in warfare?

Got a small population, so we just train every able bodied person in case of emergency. Also helps build character and all that shit.

Its not like it hard to avoid conscription anyway. Only 1 in 6 have their army year. I know several people that wanted to go, but werent allowed. Also if youre studying they cant take you, so there is that.

Ok, now that I think about it, South Korea does have a serious reason to have conscription.

Well when you border Russia it's a bit normal to conscript people.

Same with South Korea

I wish we still had military service, 80% of our army is right/far-right, that can't be good for democracy.

Good thing i got freed from military service.

> Well when you border Russia it's a bit normal to conscript people.
Look, it's the "Russia is a huge threat, ruskies can attack my ass at any moment" - meme.

Ukraine would like to have a word.
>inb4 proofter

You want some riot time? zzz

Ukraine started shit, not Russia. Implying it's bad to get some of your old clay from Ukrops when their citizens are asking for it.

What's bad about military service?

Scared of guns? Scared of having to move your fat ass?

It's your only chance in life to get your hands on heavy weaponry.

Russia. Need I explain more?

Russia is spoopy. We should join NATO too 2bh

> It's your only chance in life to get your hands on heavy weaponry.

You say it like you know what does military service in my cunt look like. Here it's like getting in jail, but a bit worse.

And btw, I didn't ask "Why army is cool?". I asked why do you, rich yuro cunts, need conscription like in some 3rd world shitholes.

>Switzerland
Like they are ever going to any war...

You never know what the Ryssä will do next. At least we're ready for it.

The number of Russian army personnel is a half of your population. You couldn't beat it even if your tried. Joining NATO is a much better idea than conscripting people.

Don't move, russian scum

Pretty much only banana republics.

What did you say cunt ?

L A T V I A
A
T
V
I
A
Latvians is post-Soviet master race.

lol nice propaganda

What's the problem with it?

It's fun specially when you join some of the army schools.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2zq2nrucg

>Finntards really believe they could do anything against our artillery and airforces.

Lel, we don't even need to step on your territory to destroy you.

Conscription is good
Every country should have it

youtube.com/watch?v=RTbL1hH19BE

>he thinks we can't

>he thinks we cant do the same for you
everybody knows we cant win, but everybody also knows that to attack us would cost you a lot more than you would gain

Shitty neighbour(s)

Yes, teaching young men discipline, camaraderie and how to handle firearms is bad

I mean come on, it's 2016

Armed neutrality, going back on a the treaty of vienna 1815 if I remember correctly. Still conscription is easy af to avoid, just gotta pay like a good goy afterwards

>russia
>59
sounds like bullshit. i wonder who participated in that poll, i mean what group of population

And where are the 62% of Ukraine now?

Not every country even needs it. Greenland doesn't even have an army. Makes sense since no one in their right mind would invade them and an army would cost too much money anyway.

Conscription sucks here. All you do is suck the dick of some corrupt army officer.

America should have conscription tbqh or at least something that gives all the benefits

>not having adult daycare

In Poland

Conscription is for national defence. Professional forces are for poking around in things that are none of your business.

sounds better than what i did in my gap year

norway's gotta prepare for fingolian invasion

Last warrior nation in europe lads and the last to fall when the end times come

i'm fine with this.
pic related; average day in army, freezing your ass off while counting seconds to your next holiday

> population was asked 3 years ago
> population has favoured conscription
Yours neutrally, Austria

Conscription is good.

All western countries should bring it back.

I just had a nightmare where I had to spend another year in the army with the same people I was there with

>mfw after waking up and realizing it was just a dream

wait - brazil has conscription??

you wanna tell me all these weebs and crybabies on here from brazil have served in the military?

We aren't an individualist culture we are a collectivist one. It is the duty of the individual to sacrifice himself for the community.

I wish I could spend another year in the army with the same people.

Good times.

I think they have selective conscription. So only a minority of men serve.

and Georgia too, right?

>90% of problems western countries have are caused by undisciplined, entitled children
>conscription is bad though dude lmao
w e w

kill me now

>professional army:

consists mostly of meathead lunatics who want to fire a gun

>Conscript army

Consists of all kinds of people and only the truly motivated stay after service and work there.

Danish conscription is a joke.

Only about 15% of all the people who gets their fitness and mental health tested yearly gets "forced".

Basically:
>be 18
>get letter from army about conscription
>fill out and wait for your session day
>watch some films and do some intelligence tests
>some doctor examines you
>pull a number
>"oh gee whiz, you're free to go, but if you want to, we'd happily take you in when we got room in 1 year and 6 months"
You get paid well and chavs and chads alike grab this opportunity and then brag about it as if its a social prestige. Hence the queue.

It's a meme, lurk moar.

>You get paid well
What sorcery is this?

Well, even in my shithole conscripts get paid $100 a month. Now consider that Denmark is a 1st world country.

When I did my conscription I think we got about 10$/day, which is less than anyone here makes per hour.

If you are graduate you get paid here too