Why are their languages so different while neighbors?

Why are their languages so different while neighbors?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salian_Franks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangaku
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're not THAT different, both indo-european

Why is Japanese and Korean so different while being neighbours?

Fucking Japanese posters so fucking retarded.

One has germanic roots, the other has latin roots. Also the rhine made us not so close people wise, so german and french have no reason to be similar

Yeah, Finland or Hungary vs their respective surroundings are more interesting. Or Basque

Because cultural and ethnic achievement are catalyzed by constant war, or vice versa

Zitto Animale

Also we munched up the inbetweeners, poor Burgundians and inheritors.

Hum...
Well their position between the HRE and France wouldn't have been comfortable anyway

Delet this post

Exactly, but the language difference is enhanced by Luxembourg and co being so small.

Peole in generall don't know about Letzeburgisch oder Elsässisch.

Romano-Gaul detected.

*replies*

wew dodged a bullet lads :^)

Luxembourgish is purely germanic no ?

Franks couldn't entirely cuck the latin speaker peasants while germans cucked the local celtic peoples.

Luxembourgish may be not pure Germanic. But it's a Frankish dialect, just like Dutch.

Its more german than french and is counted as a variant of german but its not just a mix of both.

Its, like dutch, its own thing.

>celtic
Weird how those languages got cucked out of existence wherever they were, France, N Italy, S Germany, Iberia, Britain (almost completely)...

I'm pretty sure that German languages has a lot of loan words from French
because French was once a common language for Enlightenment among Europa.

that is why German imported not only plenty French vocabulary, but also even French pronunciation such as "R".

Ever heard of something called the ocean?

I am sure that prussians don't say H like R tho

Prussians in 17th century were actually huge frogboos, so there's something left here and there
Plus a few dialectal remains here left of the Rhine
But most common are English nowadays

>Krypto-Korean.

Oh okay, thanks for the info, I read and heard some a few times but I never knew what this language was exactly.
French was only the lingua franca for the elite, the common people never spoke it. Even in France, the french language we know today was only spoken in Paris, there was a ton of dialects (see pic).

And for the r pronounciation, it arrived very recently in french, it started spreading in the 19th century, before that we used the rolled R that you can hear in spanish or italian. I don't even think the guttural R originates from France.

In fact even today you can find some old people who still use the rolled R over the guttural R.

Celts were shit tier indo-europeans.

>German tribe
Salian Franks and Merovingians were Dutch though who moved to Belgium.

>At that time they lived between the Rhine and the IJssel in the modern day Dutch region of the Veluwe, Gelderland.
>The Merovingian kings responsible for the conquest of Gaul are thought to have had Salian ancestry.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salian_Franks

>old people who still use the rolled R over the guttural R
Yeah grandma does it sometimes
But spread is also regional, some do it more than others, especially Bavarians

is it true that Friedrich 2 was ashamed of speaking German on a daily basis?

This map is a map of the frankish languages. However, the Frankish dialects are disappearing because of High German and the frankish dialects in France are dying out, because of the imperialism of the French language. In the future Frankish might onky be spoken in the Netherlands, Flanders and Luxembourg.

indeed, all germans are

>Germany has been more irrelevant than the Netherlands for 2000 years now
ayyy lmao

>because of the imperialism of the French language
No, it's just that the only franks who moved to France were the elite, the gallo romans didn't spoke frankish.

i love you mom

You just got loose in 1648 thanks to Sea Jewry

>Dutchies conquer Germany
>"wtf these guys are poor as fuck"
>leave again
>HRE throws a hitty fit "NO BOSS YOU CANT LEAVE US"
>we beat them up and leave anyway
Germany history in a nutshell.

Still speaking a relatively strong Rhine Frankish dialect, but it's true, the younger generations get more and more "High Germanised"

>*had to team up with Swedes, French, Spanish...
FTFY

(You) piece of shit, go back to Sup Forums

That's why they are better english speakers than french

No we didn't. We were constantly at war with them.

I mean, Dutch has become more irrelevant in French Flanders and Elsässisch disappears in Alsace. So traditional Frankish areas are literally dying out in France. But perhaps it can be saved as second or third language in future.'

B/ get out!

Good luck with that!

For Germany it was a different war. For Germany it was the 30 year war.
For the Netherlands it's known as the 80 year war, which was against Spain and the war against the HRE is merely a footnote of it.

So a 5 year alliance with France was not as meaningful to us in the bigger scheme of things. Especially considering they were our mortal enemies after it's not well documented in our history books.

don't forget:
RAMPJAAR
A
M
P
J
A
A
R

Ich will telefonieren
Je veux téléphoner

>the Dutch illusion ITT

You never even touched the HRE in terms of influence.
Also, what happened during the lates 19th century, Europe'S heyday? Don't know about you, but Germany was the motor of Europe at that time :^)

Also, the most important Franks (see Tours, Martell) were French

yes helo yes

Using Greek loanwords is cheating though

Comparisons always use native words like numbers 1-10, and there's some vague PIE-based similarities if you know what you have to look for/sound shifts

wie geht's, Dieter?

Sup Forums should have more of these kinds of threads and less of these posts.

>Germany is the remnant of a fallen apart Dutch empire (The Frankish empire)
>German colonies
>0

>netherlands
>richest coutry of europe for three centuries
>Dutch colonies: countless
>New York, South Africa, Indonesia, Caribbean, Suriname, Brazil, India, Taiwan
>conquered England

>>German colonies
Not entirely true, but then again in hindsight it was better to not have significant ones and not for long

We were also the sole trading partner of Japan for centuries, enabling them to develop like the west.

They only really started in Meiji era, i.e. when they opened up to more of the world

>he is a filthy imperialist

Correct

hey I hadnt read the second-to last paragraph

also I heard a legit historian say that indo-europeans is a nazi myth started by the nazis : following researchers thought they would eventually find traces of the hypothetic indo-european people, but they never found anything (no trace, no jars, nothing)

IIRC it's just that some word in the Vedas sound a bit like some European words.

But maybe that's anti-identity politics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangaku

Franks weren't Dutch tho
You sound like Bilel

see

It only exists as a linguistic group, not a genetic/ethnic one (I mean it's obvious, who ever thought half-Abo poos are closer than the Hungarians?)

>Implying we need a Dutch-speaking minority

>New York

KEK
You sold it. That's literally all you had to do with it

Also, pretty Bad if the Remnant becomes more relevant than its predecessor (See Kaiserreich

Not that different, German has a lot of French loanwords (like most European languages though).

And one is Germanic the other is Latin

It predates modern nations a lot though, back then it was just a continuum of tribes/kingdoms that you can't map 1:1 to modern states in their entireties (like modern Holland being half Low Franks, half Low Saxons and a few Frisians)

Bavarian here: nearly everybody rolls their R here

>It only exists as a linguistic group
wors with this post but not that one Some people do assume it's a Volk

It was really funny though. Caught me off-guard.

I don't replies because I'm not superstitious.

>Salian Franks were the only Franks

Also, just because someone was born on that patch of Land millenia ago doesn't mean you can assign a modern nationality to them. Have you not heard of the Great Migration, and all other major population shifts following war etc?

Germanic are mutts

Ich mag dein Schwester

bit confused by this sneak chainmail posting thats made a comeback on Sup Forums

*works

History of the Kaiserreich
>declare war
>lose
>Kaiserreich ends
phew

>Great Migration
Those seem to be viewed as overstated nowadays though
All those Goths, Swabs, Vandals and whatnot that went to Southern Europe and partially even North Africa left almost no genetic traces there, so we can assume it was only tiny ruling classes
Same with le Huns, our East Asian admixture is

deine*

>Same with le Huns, our East Asian admixture is

Your guess is as good as anyone else, since those petty measurements are irrelevant. Race doesn't exist and weight nothing next to culture and environment.

EUPedia and Metapedia maps are memes.

Ja, btw Germans's autism with latin-inspired declensions is impressive, to be non-ironical and honest.

>t. Bilel
No you'll never be "the same as us", quadroon baboon

Dutch people and Franks in general moved to Belgium. And during our golden age everyone moved to The Netherlands for our wealth and freedom. Which is why The Netherlands and Flanders are so overpopulated.

German declensions are nothing compared to Russian ones, and those are tame by Slavic languages standards.

Bilel is a namefag, I'm white, races are just a lie

>I'm white, races are just a lie

Arte is based, and she is a 10/10 in my books

>races are a lie
Yes and islam is a religion of peace so don't insult them or they'll kill you

I thought the pic was about declensions, or linguistics... took me some time

The elite has always been in the richest areas. Everyone tried to move to Flanders during tje the middle ages. And after Dutch indepence people from the south moved to the north. That's why Dlanders has the greatest medieval architecture of the low countries and the Netherlands the most impressive 17th-century ( early modern) architecture

Nah Islam is shitty atm, but it can change and hopefully it will

You can't generalise all Muslims though.

MOAR

>Arte is based
arte is SJW af

But will they integrate or assimilate

Reality has a well-known liberal bias though

Only time will tell, but some of them did

This imagery is creepy

What this guy said.

There's an ocean between the merry land of pocky and used panty machines and starcraft central headquarters.

It likely boils down to the fact that all of france was once roman territory and most of germany wasn't.

cunt

Fuck you faggot, I need that bitch to stay alive a few more years so I get a nice payout when she croaks.

Hey french and german
How common are franco-german bilinguals in your country?

Why this triggers many? What is wrong with this?