Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Italic/denɣwā
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand.

No, because English is Germanic.

>English is Germanic
And I'm greek.

You can say what you want, but the Grammar and core vocabulary is clearly Germanic. Borrowing lots of vocabulary doesn't make it part of another language family.

oui oui :^)

Then why it is classified as a French dialect on Wikipedia?

That's certainly only for the cognate of a single word and not the whole language.

English isn't a Latin language, it just has a lot of loan words from Norman French.

Lien de la page ?

That's actually from the wiktionary I believe. Nothing really interesting though.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Italic/denɣwā

it has a fucking lot of bastardized latin on it, thats why its there

More like this pic for french

Modern English is more of a bastardisation of Old English than Latin.

what a coincidence, I'm Greek too

>English is a latin language maymay
Following this argument Tagalog and Malay are germanic languages due to their english loanwords.

Hi Greek fella, I also happen to be Greek

Those are bastardizations of low latin, not latin

My Portuguese teacher always told us that Portuguese was the better of the romance languages because we don't need Subjects in sentences.

Cogito ergo sum can be translated with as many words as latin: Penso logo existo (instead of Eu penso logo eu existo) or other variations.

Obviously she was biased, but I always found it neat.

I don't get it.
Portuguese is the best romance language.It's stern,harsh,cold and not a fucking joke like spanish,italian and french.A portuguese will fucking destroy a spaniard,italian and french on a conversation because our language is so based

Basicamente,português é a língua mais imponente no que toca a línguas românicas.

>Then why it is classified as a French dialect on Wikipedia?

It's classified as a Western Germanic language on English Wikipedia.

>we don't need Subjects in sentences
Neither do Italian and Spanish?

Can you explain to me where the ão in Portuguese comes from?

>Le English is a Romance Language meme
>No le French is a Germanic Language counter-meme due to the Franks

In any case the only language I partially know is Spanish from a year of it from High School, though the other three years were spent learning Latin. Redpill me on the Romance languages and how they deviate/have evolved from Latin.

>slavs created pan-slavic, an artificial slavic language to be used as common language by all modern slavs
>no pan-latin

It will be probably one of the most weird and deformed things though

I don't know about Italians, but don't the Spaniards need? I've always heard them use it, and never bothered to test her claim. She was fucking nuts. Maybe she was just comparing it to French and English.

It's the -ion in English. It just evolved into it because we close most our vowels by default, and it ended up sounding nasaly - which we write as -ão.

English is not latin. Latins are low class niggers.

Spanish dont need subjects in sentences neither. Dont know italian.

Spanish doesn't need it either, I think French is the only one.

Excuse me, plebe ?

Disregard her then. She was an idiot, and I believed her.

France is latin

To think that French wouldn't need them either if it weren't for their retarded phonetic system.

¿Necesitamos el sujeto? No lo creo.

from the suebi/celtic language my friend.

Even German has borrowed words from Latin. Borrowing vocabulary doesn't change the core. Your words for cheese and war are clearly Germanic in origin.

Celto-Germanic people with *some* Latin cultural aspects

Estaba respondiendo al portugues retrasado de mierda.

kek

Oui "certains" aspects culturels

How do you laugh in portuguese?

First I thought it was "huehue" (thanks BR), and then I realized they use "kkkk" too, wich is weird, since it's a laugh without vowels.

Just hahahaha

We're associated with huehuehue,rsrsrsrs and kkkkk from Brazil, but we never ever use them, and make fun of them for that. Samething with Spanish jajajaj.

These weird ways start when people isolate themselves in their own subcommunities in the internet. Portuguese have always been very English-adept so we never secluded ourselves with dubs or special national websites like the other guys.

Yes, my Germanic brothers

Although, the laughing probably started a lot earlier than the internet (newspaper comics come to mind?), and we just never translated those. Which is weird, because we never pronounce the H in portuguese, but laugh just like everyone else.

well, you have... Latin

It's significantly more bastardized than other Germanic languages.