Is the EU is more powerful than the US?

Extrapolate your opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

setileague.org/askdr/hungary.htm
mapsofworld.com/sports/olympics/summer-olympics/participating-nations.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>1 country vs 27 countries

This is Canadian level of stupidity

Australia deserves a gold medal for the dumbest post made on Sup Forums.

>50 states

>51 states vs 27 states

We don't get to qualify based off of individual states

or else there would be nothing but Americans in many events

sad that I had to explain that to you

Woah really makes me consider my lifestyle

Oh now each state is like a different country, Sup Forums is so fucking hypocritical when it's convenient for them

This is a very good bait

Easter?

Double standards are invented by the Americans

fucking this lol. Euros are the biggest dindus on earth.

they're right tho
you're just too selfish to admit it

The EU is not a single sovereign country and such comparisons are retarded.

delet this before Merkel's KGB comes for you user!

28 countries, actually.

The Netherlands alone has 12 provinces. Belgium 3 (Flanders, Wallonia, Brussels). Luxembourg might as well be a province, so that's 16. France has 12 regions after their reorganization so that's a total of 28. Add to that the German länder and you get 44. Add the 9 länder of Austria and voila: 53. That's not even HALF of the European Union and we're already over 53 state-equivalents. Now divide 35 by half and... oh look, the end result is lower than 26!

Go fuck yourself Toshi.

>in top 3 without the EU

>basing power on the number of medals in the Olympics

gee it's almost like Sup Forums has multiple posters

The EU should be a single sovereign country t b h
We'd be #1 at everything, i don't see why we shouldnt

And no current leftist influence in EU parliament isn't good enough reason to say Europe should be divided instead

>We'd be #1 at everything
hahahahaha, do you unironically believe this?

Even China has a better shot at being #1 at everything. In fact, I'm not even entirely sure that you'd outperform fucking RUSSIA.

>and no the fact that the EU's standing leadership wants to obliterate the continent from the inside out isn't grounds for not uniting you silly geese

you all confuse me

magyar cigany are doing impressively (regardless of being known drug cheating bastards)

t. chang

>that language

what in the name of God

you guys are steppe descendants aren't you

What a cuck

It's a pretty accurate indicator of power level

Some states I really consider to be like countries: Texas, California, some of the original 13.

Rest of it is just copy paste with small differences to these ones that locals go all MUH.

And some European "countries" just make 27 seem a thing. Luxembourgh, Cyprus, Malta, etc. really are insignificant.

So in the end it's more like aprox. 15 countries vs aprox. 22.

Nice proxy fag.
Imagine if every state could enter the olympics. Who would bring home every medal, shit for brains.

>He doesn't know medieval history

What things do they have to be #1 at?

>We'd be #1 at everything
At that point, why not have France apply to be the 51st state? It's entirely in line with the American constitution and would allow "your" country to be the best at everything.

France would even be the most populated state, twice as populated as the next most populated state (California... though with a smaller economy than California) so it'd be pretty influential in terms of internal politics.

I do, I just figured they couldn't last that long with that kind of influence when surrounded by Germanics and Slavs

they're Huns haha

nope, just not a delusional retard who still clings to some outdated delusion of grandeur from a fucking century ago

Countries like France and Germany today are very much like how KeK was 100 years ago.

we are martians
setileague.org/askdr/hungary.htm

California, the #1 country in America.

Oh okay man I'm sorry I was just joking

>KeK
oops, meant KuK*

>what are event athlete limits per country

Can anglos tell me if is really true that you guys can put cloride on the water off public pools and collect water from the rain?

Genuine curiosity.

Well, it's way more fair to compare it that way, because no individual European country has a population that is even remotely close to yours.

the EU combined has a closer population to the US than the US does to Sweden for example.

yes

>If we all unite, we can be a strong, respected and multicultural nation
>Like Austria-Hungary

Yes for what of those questions?

And why not?

We don't send athletes to the games proportionally based on population, we still have national limits on qualification so that's a completely useless point

No, but you will only get so many top-athletes from a population of 10 million people.

Even if Iceland was allowed to send as many people as you are they wouldn't win a single gold medal, because they have no depth to draw talent from compared to you.

You halfwit.

lel, spot on

Yes for both. Why? Cause we don't have acid rain and would prefer to not swallow the bacteria from the body of everyone who's ever used the pool.

Lets see those athletes train when we put a water embargo on you big boi :^)

Cloride kill the bacteria....
So why forbid to put it? (The original question shouldbe be a can't, nor a can).

Also, what is the problem of collecting rain water? In UK is forbidden for some reason.

>it's almost like Sup Forums has multiple posters
Well, sometimes I really think it is true. There is 8 or 9 of us from different states.

Oh it's a can't. Just invert all my answers mentally please.

>artificially
The United Countries of Europe wouldn't be artificial

>meanwhile in another thread
>s-states are like countries

I'd say you're at least #1 at self-delusion, but sadly, we in the USA have that locked down tight, along with every #1 position.

If it was a hard correlation between population then we'd see China and India blowing everyone out of the water you dunce

This is a national competition, we compete as nations, and some are, by and large, better than others

Per capita means nothing in this, it's sheer head to head, and so what if population plays influence, we aren't using kiddie gloves or adjusting for feels

if you truly cared you could do something like the Dutch did for the winter games and autistically concentrate all your energy on one sport

USA States are nothing like countries, don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

B-but the slight cultural differences and varying accents...

kek
gj straya

There's a limit to how many athletes any given country can have participating, and the "EU" being 27 individual countries allows them to bypass this limitation.
France and Germany alone have 397 and 420 athletes competing respectively (817 combined) vs the 552 from the US. That's not even including the rest of the EU.

mapsofworld.com/sports/olympics/summer-olympics/participating-nations.html

So, if the EU simply signed a piece of paper and became a single nation you wouldn't sit here and complain ''It's not really one country!''.
In the future, the European countries could easily compete under the same flag just like New Zealand and Australia does sometimes. As the ''refugee'' team has shown us, the end-all be-all isn't that you represent a country but that you compete in a sport.

Obviously the Chinese do not do as well, they do not have the same resources or tradition in classical European sports.

The European Union and The United States are more equivalent in size, resources and tradition which makes them better comparisons to each other, both are political entities and both have lower and higher houses of governments and the right to write laws for all the member states.

>the European countries could easily compete under the same flag just like New Zealand and Australia does sometimes
when did/do they do this?

How is it not artificial? It's not an organic nation where most if not all citizens share the same language, culture, customs, religion and history.

They haven't done this and they're never going to lmao

it's as useless as me talking about a hypothetical "North American Union" when making Olympics arguments, just fuck off with that 5 year old shit

It's telling that it's one of the more useless and pathetically small countries of Europe whining about being BTFO and trying to cling to the accomplishments of a greater trade entity

>est are copy paste
fuck you fat ass

Americans are too lazy into sports

1 federation vs 1 union

Similar population.

several European countries have a significantly weaker economy than most US states.

You got WRECKED.

Put some ointment on your boipucci and move on.

>literally invented like 3 sports

Actually they're from East Persia

there's still a huge difference in players participating

Remember the last time you guys thought we'd be too lazy to do something

>1 federation
In other words, a nation-state
>vs 1 union
In other words, a confederation of nation-states

>Similar population.
300 million vs 500 million. The difference in population between the USA and the EU is literally larger than the total Russian population.

>several European countries have a significantly weaker economy than most US states.
And several US states have a significantly weaker economy than most European countries. Your point?

>You got WRECKED.
Not really. It's amazing how far you're willing to stretch the facts just so you can feel superior to some guy across the ocean you've never even met.

The nation state known as the United States of America tops the olympics at the moment, the former nation state turned German client kingdom Greece, on the other hand, is irrelevant.

>they're Huns haha

They're Magyars you mongoloid. Completely separate from the Huns genetically and didn't arrive on the scene until 400 years after the Huns.

But they are. Some of them are literally just squares.

Japanese are too lazy into listening to nuclear warnings

>500~ from one country vs 500~ from 20~ countries

we almost made them a real superpower
thank jesus christ their economy collapsed in 1990

>strawmaning this hard

>italy
>olaszorzag

Land of Olas?

population of the US = 320 million
population of EU (minus UK) = 435 million

not an argument

vietnam more powerful than portugal and czech confirmed
vietnam 15th most powerful country in the world confirmed
gook pride worldwide.

>thank jesus christ their economy collapsed
why? hypothetically, if Japan continued their 1980's growth until today (completely unrealisic, but let's just imagine), and become the largest economy on Earth, how would that be a bad thing? They're a based country, Western as fuck, and a close ally of the USA. The only downside would be that it would hurt the American economy some (like how they nearly killed the auto industry in the US), but still, at the end of the world it'd still be the western world on top. Now it's fucking China which is threatening to climb on top. I'd much rather have had Japan than China.

But what REALLY matters is medals per capita

I can't be bothered figuring out who wins out of USA vs Eu though

>a fucking square

bollocks, gold tally > all

435 - 320 = 115
that's close to Japan's entire population, or twice the population of France, or about 12 times the entire population of Greece. That's not exactly nothing, friend.

>M-Muh feudal borders bix nood