Bulgaria confirmed pagan

Seriously, wtf bulgarians ?

youtube.com/watch?v=KEjvfnzYOZI

the normal of us don't understand it either...

don't mind the flag

That's not even our pagan shit, this is some weird village shit.

we have tons of pagan shit
but this is just a weird village custom

check out kukeri

In what part of Bulgaria this happens ?

i rest my case

>Dog spinning (Bulgarian: тpичaнe нa кyчe(тa), trichane na kuche(ta)) is a ritual that was traditionally practised on the first day of Lent in the village of Brodilovo in southeastern Bulgaria. It is related to similar rituals used on this day at other villages, in which the dogs were whipped or beaten. The ritual is thought to have pagan origins[1] and was performed in order to prevent rabies.[2]

>frogeater thinks our space program is a "pagan thing"
do you even have education in Algeria, m8?

wtf i hate dogs now

In one village, it was a big scandal when the media found out and all the wannabe sjw's and other PETA-style hippies here got butthurt

Dont see why tb h, i love pupers and i dont think they are being tortured just for getting spinned for 5 secs

shut the fuck up frogger, or do i need to send my selyaks to beat up your "well-trained spies" again?

south-east, afaik

Ahah, XVIIth century french peasant had a lot of pagan traditions, but the Church erased it while the counter reform.

>Bulgaria confirmed pagan
More news at 11PM.

i wanna see how the church will ban these fellas

иcкaм дa eбa пeндa

who else #HorseTailFetish

Even if the animals don't get hurt, it's still pretty stupid and useless.

Adding christian meaning to the shit. It can be a neet drinking game guessing how you would do so if you were a priest.

kukeri are absolutely based

>5th grade
>some idiots are only just now discovering they can do stuff with their dicks other than pee
>on food stand
>someone orders ketchup and mayo on their sandwich
>"EEEWWW THATS LIKE SPERM AND MENZES MIXED INTO ONE"
>this comparison has stuck in my brain since
>tfw mayo is sperm and ketchup is menzes and it will never change

to be honest the mix is quite disgusting

We are just a special king of Orthodox Christians m8 :^)

>pretty stupid

I agree, but when you think about it, pretty much all traditions are.
And those people are villagers, aka peasant farmers and animal herders so they arent exactly the brightest

>christian meaning

Yeah, kukeri are pretty christianized tradition nowadays.
Usually when they do theor walk around the city, theres a priest leading them

>menzes
baka

Tou havent seen shit yet, brother

I love the way Christianity adapted to the local traditions. From Russia to Mexico ffs.

What are they invoking ?

>What are they invoking ?
Satan

Yeah, remember how the Aztec pyramids were turned into Churches by the Spaniards

>invoking
They are just dancing on fire bare-foot.
This is also christianized, since they hold icons while doing it

When did this christianization happened ? In France it happened in the XVIIth century because of, like I said, the counter reform. But what motivated the orthodox church ?

>what motivated
The rulers needed a unified religion to bond the peole and prolly for easy controll, like everywhere.
Both Rome and Byzantium tried to court Tsar Boris I to become catholic/ortho, but he went with the second

oh shit, i just re-read your post, you mean what motivated the cristianization of all the pagan rituals?
No idea, i guess it came naturally, people liked doing their traditions but were christians in the same time so they just infused both

I don't think the Bulgarian pagan peasants went full orthodox when the rulers converted.
Proof if that Frankish king Clovis converted to Christianity in 498 and we had to wait the XVII th century to lost all our pagan ways.

I don't know, the church had to tell the peasant that x magic rock is a christian thing by putting a cross near it. It would be a pretty interesting subject to study but I don't know if there's a lot of book about christianization of the masses in the orthodox countries

it was probably like this

>hey faggots, it's your tzar speaking. From now on, you are christians, k?
>k.

And everything continues as before. Then people started becoming christians for real and dropping some of their pagan shit.

Christianity is gay, no offence.

Paganism is the true european religion. If you don't respect Paganism, go back to the Middle East.