Apple will do anything to defend your privac—

>Apple will do anything to defend your privac—
Hmmm. Wait. How is the Texas shooter different from the San Bernardino shooter?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com.au/2016/03/the-feds-ordered-google-to-unlock-phones-and-google-didnt-fight-back/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who can make political points off it, that's what's different.

>didn't unlock the phone
>didn't say they'd unlock the phone
>just said they'd assist the fbi in "whatever ways they could" i.e they will answer warrants but wont unlock the phone because legally they don't have to, nor do they even have the keys.
Just how long are Pajroids going to keep this up?

because it's a white male while they were minority. i remember reading about the stuff from san bernardio and the neighbors/people they knew said nice things about them and omg it's so surprising! the first thing i saw about the texas shooter is his classmates calling him creepy, weird, and they always knew he would do it

Texas shooter was an evil whitey while the SB shooter was a sand-dindu

Apple released a statement said the shooter was a faggot and fuck that guy and his phone

based Apple

they said they would just expedite any LEGAL warrants or requests

Furthermore Tim Cook commented who gives a flying fuck about a dead man's rights anyway

>damage control

nice doubles
still don't deny the facts, even if they wanted to unlock the guys phone, they couldnt because they don't have the keys

Caucasian(white or latino) hero shot the bad whitey in Texas- 2 rounds in him.

if it was so secure and private, why wasnt former US president be allowed to use one lol

trump uses an iphone doesnt he

>b-big companies don't lie about a-anything!
I'm pretty sure Apple and faggot man are going through his phone remotely (even though it probably is powered off) and laughing at the fucking retarded normies on Sup Forums that belive they are unable to do what it is they be doing.
kys faggot shill suck a dick

dude, only niggers gravitate towards iphone..

who is this boy (female)?

ep1c b8 Sup Forumsro XD

>just give up goyim! you can't stop them!
this post glows in the dark

barak hussein obama was president during the san bernadino shooting, carried out by islamic extremists

very specific accusation

Pretty sure this They can however help the FBI with getting the iCloud data. Since Apple hosts that on their servers, and is required by law to give such information under warrants. Now if the shooter didn't backup or didn't use iCloud apps/features, they couldn't get anything from the device. If there are backups however,I'm pretty sure the FBI could look into what would have been on the phone, since the night before the incident, because that's when iOS devices make backups to the cloud.

Citizens bearing arms stopped and solved the texas shooting pronto- not pronto enough but still. He isn't sitting in jail or wasnt able to "take his own life" unharmed. Bunch of dead ppl around and guy with an assault rifle pretty safe from trouble to shoot the guy.

FBI can unlock iphones on their own. They don't need Apple. Apple only reached out to the FBI so when the FBI does uncover details obtained from the phone it's plausible that Apple made this possible and privacy is normally safe (which it isn't).

The FBI didn't contact Apple for unlocking within 48 hours because they don't have to.

FBI will possible unlock the phone supposedly with """third party""" super hax0rz again, so it will look like the FBI cannot unlock an iphone on their own (which they can).

They can if they can simulate a pulse with his dead bodies finger prints before the 48 hour timer is up.
Plus unless there is another zero day exploit those israeli hackers won't be of much help, say what you will about Apple but at least they don't buckle instantly like Microsoft and Google

iCloud data is fair game. Apple will turn over iCloud information if they get a warrant.

Security for local files on iPhones that have the secure enclave is currently unbreakable.

they only got an iphone SE unlocked allegedly and they paid $1million for it

didnt they sad fuck you to fbi when they found that one bomber? i remember reading that fbi had to get outside hackers to break the encryption and still failed lol

glad im an iphone user desu

>48 hours
What happens in 48 hours?

>The unlocking procedure used by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to break into an iPhone 5c at the center of the San Bernardino case cannot be used on new devices, the bureau's director said on Wednesday.

They paid $1000000 for 1 phone

Touch ID disables and requires a pin

You have to unlock it with pin every 48 hours to keep touch id on, after it's been 48 hours you have to use the pin to turn fingerprinting back on.

What could they POSSIBLY find in his phone that would be helpful?

Ah
So they have to use the dead person fingerprint in 48 hours, else they have to use the pin

>1mil of your tax dollars was spent on this

They broke a 5C, which doesn't have any biometrics or the secure enclave. It is much easier to break into it, and they still had trouble doing it.

Not to mention the 5c sold terribly kek
It also checks for a pulse so they can't do it without pumping blood through the body, or just the finger.
>the absolute state of america

Literally nothing, it's just procedure, it also lets the leverage to the public about how "bad" encryption is

>itoddlers pretend, shill, and lie that their security isn't a fucking joke and completely cracked by the fbi boobs
they don't even need the big guns like the nsa/cia to crack it. itoddlers are just lying that they didn't open the san bernadino iphones at this point

>itoddlers believe this shit not even 5 years old believe
you aren't itoddler for not reason. it's clear as day apple helped them and then they signed an agreement to pretend like they can't simply unlock any phone they see

They did break it, but that model had barely any security. Apple stepped it up once they added the fingerprint reader.

The first discussions were with the San Bernardino shooting. Because iOS encryption was relatively new, with iOS 9, the phone and all it's data automatically got encrypted. The shooters had an iPhone (6C I believe, so no TouchID) that Apple couldn't unlock without trying at least 7 times causing the phone to erase all it's data out of prevention of leaking data (this is a setting you can opt-in on). Because the FBI knew this, they demanded and requested Apple to create a special iOS firmware that ignored this erase after 7 incorrect attempts. And Apple refused to do this because that would mean everyone's phone would be affected when (not if, FBI's hacking tools have been leaked before) this software would get released into the wild. Basically making any encryption methods for the iPhone flawed.

>The order comes a week after FBI Director James B. Comey told Congress that the bureau has not been able to open the phone belonging to one of the killers. “It has been two months now, and we are still working on it,” he said.

yeah apple so keen to help it took months for them to play along!

Without remembering anything about either case, I'm assuming one was a straight white male.

How do you not understand?
They don't have the keys.
They don't.
It's just not how it works, they can't unlock a phone, unless you clear all the data on it.
Australia, a member of five eyes has been campaigning for encryption to be weakened, for companies to help them unlock phones and other devices.
As long as something is encrypted and there is a copy of the private keys saved where feds can access it, you cannot access it.

>android users come here to cry
>posting from rooter phone
>google doesn't give a shit
>never fought a court order

>Without remembering anything about either case, I'm assuming one was a straight white male.

the other one was a radicalized Islamic immigrant from Saudi Arabia who didn't have extensive background checks because she was on a visa waiver program

thanks Obama

>"I-I'm safe! haha... I'll u-use an open source firmware for my uh... android! T-the feds can't break in at all! Despite all the code being viewable..."
>"O-ok applel fags, I'll just use base Android, google take security seriously, o-oh they have never fought a court order? O-or stood up for their users? At least I can pirate my apps, checkmate Applels."

Apple only protects anyone who isnt white

>never fought a court order

>, o-oh they have never fought a court order?

When has Google ever been under a court under to decrypt someone's encrypted device running their software?

Are you some kind of shill or something who doesn't actually have a brain to think these posts out?

they haven't fought any because it's open season for feds on your phone

they don't need google

FBI had to sue apple using some stupidly old law trying to get them to help

>they haven't fought any because it's open season for feds on your phone

then why do you post about dipshit "never fighting a court order?"

>San Bernardino shooter?
>Arab
>Texas Shooter
>Caucasian

lol why you mad, man?

gizmodo.com.au/2016/03/the-feds-ordered-google-to-unlock-phones-and-google-didnt-fight-back/

>niggers
and women

>gizmodo

>While it appears Google is able to reset the passcode on some Android devices

What's the fucking point of encrypting your own phone if Google can just unlock it anyway?

Android faggots are retarded

yeah i know gizmodo is shit I just liked the neat map the article had

>says they might adopt real encryption now
>in 2016
>up until 2016 google could break into android phones for the feds

> Dismantle phone
> Extract SD memory
> Adapt to computer
> Bruteforce it.

Use your brains fucking redditters

>things that don't work: the post

I wish I had a Wojak with concave enough of a head to represent you right now

data is somewhere, just find any way to it

See you in 17500 AD

You have no way to tell whether the system phones home to store the keys on apple servers

I guess it's been proven time and time again they aren't hey?

That's pretty fucking impressive, I'll admit

How has it been proven? By apple not complying with FBI? You can't know shit unless the system has been audited by a neutral party

Proven by the fact that government agencies worldwide struggle to access their phones, if they had the keys they would have been compromised by now.

>usb rubber ducky could do it

I think he uses a Galaxy S3

Why not just go to the morgue and stick his thumb on it?

after 48 hours you need a pin also you can simulate a pulse and use it, read the thread

>the cia niggers could cut off your finger and pump blood into it to access your phone

FUCKING WHITE MALE

i-if they can get to your thumb why not just use it whilst it's still attached?

Easier to pump blood into just a finger for a pulse rather than your whole body.
>cuts off your index
>hooks up the pump, blood leaks out a little and an agent in the back throws up a little.
>scan doesnt go through
>"Looks like they used a different finger"
>starts sawing off your middle finger

If there was anything worth knowing on that phone the shooter would trash it before the shooting.

Also what the fuck is the stupid fbi doing? just take the shooters finger and place it on the iphone fp reader. Fucking idiot fbi niggers, how stupid are they?

>all these fucking idiots not realizing the FBI is acting like they can't break into it so criminals start using it

weird how they've never talked about not being able to get into an android phone running lineage or copperhead with FDE turned on

Because literally no one uses that

right so not a single person has committed a crime with a lineage or copperhead device? why would the fbi make this so public then?

Aren't you forced to use their iCloud shit? He probably had all his shit on their servers anyway.

this, no way he configured his phone to not send data

Because pushing the public against the marketshare of apple makes more sense than the 3 Indians using a custom rom

You can skip setting up iCloud when setting up your iPhone. You can turn iCloud off whenever you want. Apple does not force you to use it, but they do want you to use it. AppleID accounts for downloading apps can be held separately from your iCloud account.

if I were apple I'd do anything I can to get that fat beta in jail. betamales running loose is much more infuriating to me than any terrorist

White person.

No he changes his phone.

Apple's goal is to make themselves immune from warrants and other government pressure to hand over info by making it impossible to access this stuff themselves.

You'd think, to that end, they'd make all the icloud data on their servers encrypted, with only the user with the key/passcode able to decrypt it.

And then the US government makes a constitutional amendment, and forcing Apple to comply is fair game, otherwise they start detaining people.

Obama had to stick with Blackberry because the federal government bought a ten-year contract with them in 2007.

"security reasons" is fedspeak for "too expensive and unstable to shift technologies right now" which is why most federal employees still used XP as recently as 2 years ago and still use IE to this very day.

maybe try learning english before you come here and shit all over it

>say they can't unlock phone
>unlocked several phones in China

That's why Android fags get so upset when they see these threads because they know the FBI gets into EVERY android phone in two seconds flat. They don't like being reminded of that very often.

dropped.

You have been exposed in the other thread Sergey. You really need to step up your anti Apple shilling game, otherwise Samsung won't be paying up your Christmas bonus.

Apple contacted them when the fingerprint scanner would have still been active so that the dead body could be used to unlock the device. The FBI decided to ignore this and wait until 48 hours had elapsed.

Fuck Apple but it's clear that there is a pattern here of the FBI trying to gut security features designed to protect users. They're picking people that are indefensible so that the rights of all citizens can be restricted.

>you wouldn't defend a mass shooter would you user? why should a mass shooter have a right to privacy?

No, he was boycotting Apple because of the no unlocking thing.
I think the CIA was trying to force him to give up his smartphone for security reasons but then he wouldn't have Twitter on his phone and we all know how that would work.

good news for tyrone, i guess