/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-monolith-m1060-and-m560-planar-headphones.820107/page-403#post-13835998
etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/er3-new.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are the best headphones behind the MA900s?

>Start spending more of my money on headphones
>hatred of women increases dramatically

Has anyone else experienced this?

my wife mio is so cute

>MA900s
literally dogshit

Only you, senpai

post a picture of your headphones with a non-shooped timestamp in the picture to prove your ability to interpret graphs is credible

Still haven't posted your setup, user

Only a graph reader wouldn't understand how objectively perfect they are

Ordered the JBL E65btnc to add to my collection of headphones. Anyone got these? Just needed something light and portable for on the road and when flying.

Got them with a coupon for 100 euro.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

but she's mine

What are the mids and soundstage like on the SRH1840?

Do girls even like headphones?

They like wireless Earpods.

It means you're both cucked.

X2

>it's another boring autism battle between ShizoAnon and CG episode again

same person

zmf atticus

I want headphones that will attract qt traps. Price is no concern, neither is sound fidelity.

sony mdr-z1r

I'm on the edge of ordering the HD600 but I'm wondering if I should hold off and go for the LCD2C instead. From what I've read, it sounds like the LCD2C is slightly darker in the high frequencies and doesn't "sparkle" as much as the HD600?

lcd-2c is uninteresting, get the AR-H1 instead

HD600 is the best headphone available at any price. Get it now or forever regret not doing so.

>AR-H1
Thank you, I was secretly hoping for some other headphones to look into.
I'm a little hesitant since this will be AR's first planar headphone whereas Audeze has more experience. Also, it looks like the frequency response only goes as low as 10Hz with the AR-H1 compared to 5Hz. I fear that could affect >muh bass.
Hmm, maybe I'll get both but it looks like the HD600 has been $600usd for awhile but the LCD2C is $600 for the holiday season and it might be a bit before it comes back down.

>it looks like the HD600 has been $600usd for awhile
Where do you live? Canada? It's usually ~$300 in USA.

>I'm a little hesitant since this will be AR
I wouldn't. they measure so well. a few people have said they have soundstage similar to an hd800 due to the perfect impulse response and the FR
head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-monolith-m1060-and-m560-planar-headphones.820107/page-403#post-13835998
>Also, it looks like the frequency response only goes as low as 10Hz with the AR-H1 compared to 5Hz
inconsequential and probably an artifact of the measurement rig / pads

its supposed to be black friday today, anyone know if there's any deals or not

>AR-H1
>Sensitivity: 100dB@1Vrms

fuuug.

I-i-i, that was a typo -- I meant to type 300. (I use the 9key when typing numbers)
Neat. Thank you for this. I'll go dig around and read some more on this.

Hmm, the LCD2C specs say 101db / 1 mW... so it looks like they are a bit more efficient to drive?

Audeze recommend 1-4W output power.
>Optimal power requirement 1 – 4W

The AR-H1 are 33ohm and need ~1-3W depending how loud you want them.

Sensitivity is function that depends on frequency, the ratio of input to output. So far the measurements of the LCD2C are not forthcoming.
You could get the LCD2 for 650 new in the meantime.

What do you glean from the impulse? Why call it perfect?

>Why call it perfect?
perfect was the wrong word to use, "model" is what I meant.

Just got my Soundpeats Q12 since I need a pair of beater Bluetooth earbuds for running, they feel pretty flimsy but the sound surprised me considering that they're a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for 20 bucks. A bit heavy on the high end though but I don't really care at this price point, I just need something cheap in case they break since I already have better headphones

But seriously, why do all the fitness earbuds still do the ear hook shit? Just bundle a pair of foam ear tips and they'll never fall out of your ears.

My new dac came in the mail this morning.

What goes Sup Forums think of Grados? I just got the SR80e. It sounds pretty nice, but hurts like hell after a few hours. I have some Chinese L cushion pads coming in the mail.

sbaf is an audio cult

>sbaf is an audio cult
yes, every moderated audiophile forum is, except this one. the consequence is that we have to deal with supreme cancer like shizo user, but whatever

Looking for a potential end game headphone
>Budget
$1000-1500

>Location
USA

>Source
PC DAC and amp

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Either

>Comfort level
Yes

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
AKG K701Beyerdynamic DT880 from 1980 Pioneer Monitor 10II

I was thinking about the LCD-2 but it like to see what the AKG K1000 is all about that or get a Stax SR-lambda signature as the seem to be around that price range.

>I was thinking about the LCD-2
having owned both, atticus takes a big hot steamy dump on an lcd-2. eikon/auteur for more neutral

Im trying to figure when ZMF got so popular but also it's like you completely ignored the K1000 and the STAX Lambda

Guys help me choose: Final Audio Design E3000, 1More Triple Driver or the KZ ZS6.

>Im trying to figure when ZMF got so popular
there was a big backlog of orders and a large pricetag
>also it's like you completely ignored the K1000 and the STAX Lambda
that's because all three (lcd-2, k1000, lambda) are incredibly different signatures. lcd-2 is supposed to be warm and thicc (it's not), k1000 has a huge speakerlike sound but nobass, lambda is thin sounding but detail oriented. I haven't heard the latter two so I refrained from commenting on them

fazor or pre-fazor LCD-2?

>shitty onboard sound
>use 100+ dollar headphones
>tell everyone about your experience with said headphones
Your basis for comparison is shit. Therefore your whole opinion is sewage. You have nothing to teach any of us.

fazored

>KZ ZS6.
treble cannon

HD800S seem to be the only non-meme candidate in your list.

I think that may have to do with why you didn't like the sound, at least from what I've been reading about the LCD-2C

Sounds bad... But with the right tips? Worth it?

Worth dropping 600 on used lcd2?

Have he400 atm

Sounds like you don't even know what the fuck you want. I don't think it's wise spending that much if you are new in the hobby.

no, my sentiments have been echoed by prefazor owners as well

Your ears are probably defective because this doesn't look good at all.

looks good to me, user. ooegy gooey sounding and unapologetically colored

I have now owned my HD800 for like 6 years and now started to think that I've become gay. Slow but steady.

>is it worth it to get the greatest headphones of all time for half price

Which Bose QuietComfort should I get? I need noise-canceling. I'm thinking about the 35 one since it's also wireless but it's expensive.

QC35

I want to drown my sorrows with money and music; what are best headphones to do that?

fill out the form

When will the mods ban ComfyGrados?

Make me!

how? it's retardedly easy to get a new IP address.

Treble: the headphone
G-cushions are the only comfortable cushions but they exacerbate the already sibilant treble.

0w0 what's this?

HD600, obviously.
>b-but the price
It's literally endgame.

What headphones do you own to compare?

Orpheus

That's the stock cable? I was thinking about the $60 cable but it looks like it's terminated with XLR only, shame.

How do you like them? I'm really thinking about a pair with the black friday sale.

A pic + timestamp would be nice then

6:45 PM November 10, 2017

>No timestamp
At least you tried shilling

Timestamp is right there in the post text as well as the filename, silly goose. How do you post on Sup Forums using braille?

>That's the stock cable? I was thinking about the $60 cable but it looks like it's terminated with XLR only, shame.
yeah, gotta please the audiophools with the minixlr. they have different cable options on checkout.
>How do you like them? I'm really thinking about a pair with the black friday sale.
I'm blown away by the cup reverb and tonality. dark and goey but still detailed. it's amazing. everything you read about them is true. it's going to be too darky/meaty sounding for a lot of people so eikon/auteur is the safer rec but I wanted the atticus to pair with an open headphone

>This is what Sennheiser shilling has devolved into

BTW my HD600 sounds better than my Orpheus.

Do you at least own HD 600s?

>my HD600
Your reading comprehension is clearly poor.

I bet my shekels it's

I've had some sennheiser hd 598's for over a year, it's a great headphone but I miss having some earbuds for on the move. Any suggestions?
I listen to a lot of different music from classical to rock, and want to spend around 100usd.

Looking for headphones and AKG has really caught my eye. What's a good option to choose from them? I primarily plan to game on them and listen to music on the go. Leaning towards the K7XX because I keep hearing great things. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Personally budget is less than 200 bucks, but I can go up to 300 bucks if it's worth it.

>K7XX
Literally more bass than Beats.

Based off of?

I thought you said they were bright?

>HD 600 shill doesn't actually own HD 600s
geg

The AKG K7XX is the GOAT headphone when it comes to gaming under $200, but listening on the go? Maybe not.

LCD2C's coming up pretty soon for $600USD new and see some LCD2's float around for $500 used because of the upcoming release.
GR07 Classic. The detachable MMCX cabled version should be coming up on sale for ~$100 or a bit less tomorrow on 11/11 on AliExpress.

Reposting, looking for advice and suggestions.

>k7xx
jaquarius: the headphone

Stop samefagging

I own the headphones and they aren't actually close to being bassy headphones. I'm pretty sure I hear more mid-bass on my friend's HD 650s

Based off of?

>K7XX

Really bass heavy. Can't recommend.

Based off of?

Talk me out of upgrading my Ety MK5s to the new ER3SE guys, I'm seriously tempted to buy them

etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/er3-new.html

Why is Mio so fat?
Fucking disgusting.

akko a fat

Toss the Svara for either the Shozy Cygnus or OurArt Ti7 depending on what style you like to wear your portables (around ear/straight down) and HeadphoneList has a review of both with comparisons to eachother. The Yincrow RW-777's also a decent option for cheaper.