Remaining lifespan: less than 24

Remaining lifespan: less than 24

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

24 is twice your age

24 centuries? that's amazing!

I know,right?

Did Nightly just completely break for anyone else? Ever since last update trying to load any webpage, even in safe mode, crashes the tab.

yep firefox quantum is the future.

fpbp

Can't wait for Nightly 59.

It's working fine here. I just updated it a couple of hours ago.

Now that quantum has reached stable, is there any reason to stick to nightly?

I've really noticed that Firefox is running like shit, especially on things like maps and YouTube - where as Chrome can easily take everything without freezing... seriously thinking of making the move

>Firefox works fine on everything except google sites
>Google's browser conveniently works on them
don't fall for their tricks

Webrender, OMTP, or some other thing is causing crashes. Nightly on fresh profile works fine.

>has reached stable, is there any reason to stick to nightly?
I ditched it when it hit quantum. Nightly is too unstable for me and constant updates get on my nerves. Used it only because that was only way to get quantum.

*when it hit beta holy fuck

JUST

I have to say, the new screenshot feature is pretty neat. Not that you couldn't do the same before with a little line of code, but it's nice to also have the option of doing it through a GUI

Works for me. Maybe it's an addon issue.

where's the fucking webext?

No, but on Sup Forums it has a real problem underlining the post numbers for replies

uMatrix and privacy badger exist. NoScript is malware.

this

Firefox is dead and if you’re convincing yourself otherwise you’re fucking dumb

Statcounter

Netmarketshare

>it's not popular therefore it's bad!
Not surprising coming from an iToddler

>I can only use the same browser everybody uses

Reminder that only brainwashed sheep use Chrome

I never said it was bad. Just that it’s dying. Nice reading comprehension though fucktard.

Then I should be using chrome? Unfortunately Google doesn’t provide any plugins on my platform, but Safari does, so I can use Adguard.

Everybody uses Brave anyway.

don't give a shit, switched to palemoon a year ago. enjoy ur bloat assholes

It scary now Chrome is dominating and we losing pur choices. We cant be too depend on a browser our we'll lose

Brave is shit and the only thing going for it is a gimmick. Vivaldi is much better.

Google has massively deep pockets and they can absorb any fines they get.

Unfortunately profit drives progress, and a non-profit like Mozilla can’t compete. Open-source software doesn’t have the money behind it.

4 more days till we can to see the final massive butthurt of the shills

then they will creep back to their shitty alternatives like the chrome cuks they are

someone sounds like they have a stretched bunghole

pic related has you BTFO

>I use testing software for things that aren’t testing

>I use outdated software because m-muh stability

That includes mobile, as made evident by Safari having 13%. Nobody installs a different web browser in their phones.

Did you forget about people owning macs or something?

vivaldi ftw

performs like shit on my machine

Sup Forums x? / ? /

Why the hell are the colors so different in FF?

Wow it is even more different somehow just printscrning and saving to png in paint. These are both much brighter on my monitor and even in paint. WTF.

So what browser should I use? I currently use Iridium. Is there something better?

Please preface all troll responses with %TROLL%. I'm not smart enough to differentiate.

Palemoon

Firefox Quantum beta or wait until Tuesday for the stable release.

FIrefox Nightly is unironically very stable and you get to try all the new features before everybody else.
I've been using it since 57 and I've experienced literally only one regression this whole time. And it was fixed the very next day.

>safemode

>NoScript is malware
t. gorhill

Js bloated pages slow hard Palemoon sadly, and youtube videos look like trash because no VP9 support, other than that, the comfiest browser.

The solution is to use uMatrix and use mpv to watch videos.

Dev edition is based on nightly branch right

Stop talking about dead browsers.

Fucking UC BROWSER has more users than Firefox across all platforms.

Just let it fucking die. Firecuck is dead. Blink and WebKit are the future.

Teach me senpai about using Mpv on Palemoon.

t. triggered cuck who can't help but post in every FF thread because he's insecure

>inb4 I don't care
Why waste your time then lad ;)?

>install youtube-dl
>install mpv with youtube-dl support
>install old version of Open With Addon
>got to addon settings and add mpv to the list
>right click on a youtube video and it opens in mpv with all your favorite autism settings

If you're on linux, you can also install xclip and make a bash script to open any links you have on your clipboard with mpv and keybind it. For example, I have the following in a script and I just copy a link and hit super+A to open it.
mpv $(xclip -o)

that's neat, gonna try it, although using a browser for playing videos is the ultimate comfy, I think i can get used to it, since I like a lot Palemoon.

I used to do this, but now with Quantum and Hooktube it doesn't seem like a vast improvement as before

I can't live without my meme shaders though.

"Firefox Beta automatically sends feedback to Mozilla."

Sup Forums?

Normal Firefox does it too. It's opt-out on any version of Firefox.

i don't even think jewhill would say that. is just mentally handicapped

user agent switcher on google sites.

Never said I didn't care.
Just think users should switch off dead platforms.

>firecucks have to install workarounds to browse the web and fiddle with command line linsux bullshit
>superior chrome and safari users just type in the address bar

L M A O

I figured this one out by searching the comments of other users with crashes matching my signature. Setting network.http.referer.XOriginTrimmingPolicy to anything but 0 in about:config caused this. It also only appears to affect users with amd64 architecture.

google just steals chrome from open source

user indifference is the problem

more people have linux machines than OSX now

>"superior" chrome users literally fell for a centuries old business trick
>everything they do gets tracked in the process
lmao

it's not dying.
it's becoming irrelevant.

Opposite here. Chromium-based browsers have been freezing on eBay lately for me but not FF.

>firecuck has sjwzilla so far up his ass he didn't even notice that firefox calls home as soon as it is launched
C A P T I V E
A
P
T
I
V
E

feel free to capture the packets and prove me wrong (you won't because you'll just prove i'm right)

>he uses chrome or firefox

palemoon
iridium
icecat
iceweasel
kmeleon
brave
etc

>have current ESR release
>pinned it in dpkg
>will never upgrade again
>will work for many years
checkmate sjws

I use pale meme, and I honestly feel like it's awful. It cannot do things half the time, and most websites straight up refuse to work.
pic related

Help on ubuntu firefox i can only watch 240p videos

try pressing that x in the top right corner

i use iridium for general web browsing though, i use palemoon set up for anti-fingerprinting while on vpns

>it actually does something
I figured that would just dismiss it.. Why the fuck would you even bother telling me that, paypal?

i would say its an effort to get people to use botnet browsers, but firefox is on there

probably just a security warning for normies

can someone redpill me on this?
what did Mozilla do this time?

NoScript fucked with your adblocker settings to show you ads though. It's ok call it malware even the author apologized later.

FPBP

What's the best webextension userscript addon for 4chanx? Greasemonkey? Violentmonkey?

lol i remebr there was an option in about:config to automatically change your firefox agent string windows/chrome most people probably doing it
not mentioning the the normies

Don't uses moded clients they are the shadiest, they are not used by many people and problems aren't reported as often.
^That includes any chromium based browsers except chrome.

op btfo

No, but I think they just changed something rendering related so maybe your hardware/drivers doesn't like it.
This.

Did you use IE6 too? lel
Not sure. I've noticed that Chrome is incapable of drawing black or small text properly too.

.. are you serious or just that retarded?

I's greasymonkey ported to web extensions yet? I also heard it became a botnet or something? What's the alternative?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/

Stylish is fucked up.
DON'T UPDATE

Never cared about the updating,still on 55.0.2.Apart from addons which will not work anymore, are there any "benefits" from the update?

Too late for me. God fucking dammit. The new owners are garbage.

Try its fork Stylus because Stylish is now under the ownership of ((SimilarWeb)).

I'll wai for Quantum to release before managing the mess that are my extensions right now, but good to know.

Worse comes to worse I'll search for a new browser.

>Worse comes to worse I'll search for a new browser.
How? They're all WebExtension now.

>chrome