Where do you think GNU/Linux/Systemd should be heading next?

Where do you think GNU/Linux/Systemd should be heading next?

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To WAYLAND!!!

>systemd
In the trash, hopefully.

Ahead. It's already going into the right direction, which is mostly all directions.

It's a flexible thing that works in situations starting from chopped up into small containers and minimalist fridge / router operating systems on ARM to supercomputer clusters running on x86.

Better driver implementation. I know Linux has great driver integration but high end graphics cards 1) get support way too late because they often require a new kernel and 2) aren't just driver.exe

Apart from that I want to see less distros. We don't need all these forks and often they can be maintained under the same team.

Fucking this. I especially hate how it prolongs the boot by default by like 30 seconds every time I boot without a network connection.

I wanna molest mint chan.

I had my display manager service break recently. Was working perfectly fine before, but then just broke all of a sudden. Had to manually edit the service file.

why is systemd used so widely if its this bad?

this.

If cancer is bad, why do so many people get it?

this analogy makes no sense

Your mom makes no sense

>systemd bad.
There are shills who will recommend windows or chrome browser. Even BSD ffs.

>There are shills who will recommend windows or chrome browser. Even BSD ffs.
Are you saying that systemd isn't bad, and only "shills" claim that it is? To be honest. I'd rather just go back to windows, or use *bsd if linux didn't have any systemd free distros.

1. remove systemd
2. remove GNU
3. remove Linux
Turn it into Plan 9 in the long run

This^

you're probably a bsd cuck anyway shilling about systemd so people join your cuck license. windows is worse than anything systemd can do. bsd is worse than linux so it's a nonstarter too

Apparently its easier to maintain as opposed to initscripts. This is according to arch devs.

forced in by the NSA

More free firmware. It's a tragedy that some users have to install nonfree software just to use their wifi or whatever.

because actually,, its good

It isn't. There's a very loud and vocal group who spaz out over it(some people don't like any change) but the reason why it was adopted was because it was actually demonstrably very good software.

Yeah. Go read "rethinking pid 1" for some of the reasoning behind a newer init, and how systemd is based off some of the concepts in Apple's launchd but improves and extends upon them. Service management in systemd really is better, I recommend reading into that as well.

Read these
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
suckless.org/sucks/systemd

>you're probably a bsd cuck anyway shilling about systemd so people join your cuck license
I'm actually using antix for the time being.
>windows is worse than anything systemd can do
Prove it. If I have to deal with systemd along with "linux" issues then there is no point to me staying with linux. I'll be using linux until there is no other option, but to switch.
>bsd is worse than linux so it's a nonstarter too
sauce?

suckless faggots don't like anything if it's too useful. i've been reading peoples systemd moaning for many years. they're wrong. it's good.

FWIW, I didn't even start using Linux until after systemd was a thing. I still hate it since every annoying issue I've had with Linux was caused by it.