>Introduction to semiconductor devices and physics
>Absolutely getting raped

>tfw I realize I should have taken the easy route and picked CS

sage and hide

>t. CS brainlet

EE is ONLY for autistic people, accept it and go study something else

>mfw I wish I could be getting raped by EE autism
t. CS brainlet

good thing is if you manage to graduate you will find a good paying job inmediately instead of fighting off pajeets to make minimum wage

>instead of fighting off pajeets to make minimum wage
>tfw 80% of the class are pajeets and changs

I hate the influx of stupid CS people. Probably had no clue what they wanted to do so their mom's told them that since they spend their entire life on a computer they should become a programmer and make 300k starting in silicon valley. Our university combines EE, CE, and CS for our senior project teams and I sweat >75% of the class is CS.

That's fair. I got into CS because I enjoy programming, only to find that I actually enjoy low-level systems and embedded shit. Would have probably been better off in CE/EE, but eh, what can you do?

I chose CE because I enjoy aspects of both EE and CS so I figured CE was a good compromise between them. When I first started I didn't really have a clue what I wanted to do but I chose CE because I felt like it was CS but more difficult so it fed my superiority complex. I'm fortunate that I turned out to really enjoy it. I work with FPGAs currently and they're a fun blend of EE and CS topics.

I'm currently midway through junior year. Is it worth switching iyo?

It depends what you really want to do. I can't claim to be an expert, but I've seen plenty of "self-taught" programmers get CS positions but I've never seen a "self-taught" hardware engineer get an EE job. Most likely because hardware is complicated and breaks so employers want to see that degree. That's not to say that you can't get an embedded programming job with a CS degree, though they are definitely geared towards CE. So, from what I've seen if you want to be an engineer working with hardware you'll probably need a degree.

I'm not sure how it is at your university but at mine a CE degree requires three classes that are all prerequisites for each-other and another handful of classes that can only be taken after those three classes. Beyond that most of the classes are similar to a CS degree so they only really differ by 3-4 semesters of classes. I'd definitely look up how much longer you'd be in university if you wanted to switch majors (or dual-major.)

In the end, it's all up to you if you think it's worth it. If you figure out that you need to spend an extra semester to get a degree that you'll enjoy more, it's not that long when you compare it to the rest of your career. Of course a lot of people don't end up working in their field of study anyway.

Also there's nothing stopping you from making it a hobby.

>>Introduction to semiconductor devices and physics
what class is this?

Are you talking about the one where they teach you about diodes and transistors?

t. brainlet

Do the letters n and p mean anything to you?

Wrong. CS is so awful. I have a 4.0 from a UC in CS and I'm struggling to find something that will pay me more than 65k. Don't fucking do it. Too many people have been trying to get into programming during the past 3 years.

you sound like an entitled cunt

>t. UC Merced student

yeah like NPN and PNP transistors

that course was called analog electronics I and II, where II covered nested transistors, differential amplifiers, oscillators, filters, etc etc. We go over the physics but not in great detail, we spend more time doing circuit analysis in those classes.

I am not sure if there is a more physics based course on the subject in the EE department, there are definitely courses like that in the physics department.

I studied British Studies for a year but then i realized that wouldn't get me any money after college. So i switched to CS because everyone said it's easy. And while the dropout rate is something like 60% for CS at my college (i have no idea why, maybe the math is too hard for them), i'm about to successfuly get my degree at the end of this semester ;)

my friend goes to Merced and he got a job doing AI for self-driving cars at Google. I don't think he is close to a 4.0 GPA either. Then again he was smart enough to not do CS, as koding is something you can pick up on the side during any other STEM undergrad

>stories that never happened

why would I lie about something like that? Google has land in Merced County for this exact purpose. What exactly about this story seems outlandish to you?

People are more retarded than I would like to think
> Transfer schools from community college after gen eds
> First Comp Sci class that isn't an 'Entrance to major' or whatever class
> Girl brags about all her python scripts n shit and how she's a good programmer
> Can't even get a proper Radix sort program to compile let alone work
> Decided to help her because fuck it just smoked with Russian bro and ripped as fuck and wanna come down a bit before I drive home (parents house is to campus fuck living in a dorm)
> Code is literally spaghetti
used a mix of
if (shit == shit2) {
}
and
if (shit == shit2)
{
}
styling
> No consistency
> Manage to find her Seg Fault but can only figure out how to get her code to work from integers 0-99

> Mfw I did it the week before in a few hours
I don't think I'm smart by any means but god damn

sheeeiiittt

CS is a 100% academic field, its far too removed from the real world to be fun (no offense CSfags). Its pretty much all theory.
EE on the other hand is a nice realistic field. The theory you learn can be corelated with actual real world applications of the concepts.

If you're into number crunching and proving proofs most of your time, CS would have been better for you

Why are you afraid to mention the name of your university?

That user doesn't have friends. Nor would they have graduated or be working if they did exist. This board is so NEET and normie heavy it may as well be ni\g\gers.

>CS Masters
>theory on top of theory on top of theory on top of math

First semester is fucking hell...I've never studied so much in my life...

OP here, it's more about the physics behind the devices rather than circuit analysis

The reason you don't see self thought engineers is because no one in their right mind will literally hire one. That and you'll more likely fuck up what you're trying to learn as an engineer instead of CS.

You also need less capital when self learning as CS.

>about to graduate from EE
>go to practing and basically working while studying for the last 1 year
>realize 80% of my future colleagues are lonely autistic manchildren
>drop out and work as an electrician
wew dodged a bullet there

Haha.CS brainlets

Remember, 0.7 V is silicon potential diff

i wish i fell for the ee meme rather than physics meme.
the semiconductor, electronics and programming classes were the comfiest i ever had.