Which RSS reader do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=lionsgatelive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

None because I'm not a time traveler from 2005

firefox

firefox

how do you get notifications?

I don't, I detest notifications. There are addons though, loads for that kind of bloat if it floats your boat.

newsbeuter

bamboo on mozzarella fox-on-fire
specially handy for jewtube feeds

A what lol

Feedbro webextension
is okay
feels bloated though, slow to open and shit

feedly

Had that a few month ago, then switched to the Bamboo-Extension for FF. Feedly kinda kills the privacy-advantage of RSS, don't you think?

quiterss is best rss reader. beats the living shit out of thunderbird.

>he downloads an entire webpage to read a simple headline
>he lets users and algorithms decide what news is important
Wow. I want to get off this ride.

I use it with a notification extension and only subscribed to 4 yt channels, don't really care if people know I watch Chris and Jack or Sneaky Zebra

tinytinyrss

literally who uses that?

Feedly. I like to sync between my phone and shit.

>had the perfect way to receive news and notifications from many sources
>normalfags decide that's what twitter is for
>everyone abandons RSS
>have to self-host my RSS reader and use a scraper to turn tweets into RSS feeds
The future fucking sucks, I want to go back

Inoreader because of its ability to filter feeds, tag items and proposing outgoing RSS Feeds linked to tags, because it can follow searches in Twitter, Pages in Facebook, et.

Jesus fucking christ. Never even considered this.

everyone who's not a fag

I generally use feeds for redirect purposes so I just need a cli interface that updates every x seconds and let me open links in the browser or just read inside the terminal. newsboat is the name

For desktop QuiteRSS. Probably the best one I've used. It has adblocker and I disabled javascript on it.

gReader for android.

Ttrss is fine

newsboat

Liferea because I downloaded Seamonkey because I didn't want to install a separate RSS reader but it was trash.

deprecated, use newsboat

You mean newsboat, right?

Whats a good RSS reader for Android. I don't want to sell my soul to feedly any longer

Feedly only on my phone. I'm almost never on my computer besides work but always have my phone with me

Great they'll know I read the news and really niche websites. Who cares

RSS Feed Reader for Chrome

Palabre on Android, the best.

I wrote my own

I use newsbeuter, what is this new newsboat thing?

fork of newsbeuter. Newsbeuter was abandoned by the maintainers. There were two maintainers. One guy went dark on the project so the other forked to Newsboat.

There was a pretty serious vulnerability with newsbeuter iirc which is when it all kinda came about

I hope he improves though. Like, tagview by default. I want to fucking see everything right from the start.

i Personnaly love newsboat/newsbeuter out of the box, it's simply a fucking shit that youtube/twitter is hard as fuck to to rss feed.

>youtube
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=lionsgatelive

Feedly+Nextgen Reader mostly, but I'm playing around with Akregator right now.

I stopped using RSS after Google Reader shut down

That's what Google wanted you to do.

I use Sparse RSS. It's fits my needs and also it's minimalistic. Also I just use RSS on my phone.
What kind of news do you guys get? Mostly tech stuff, or other kinds too?

This, I've ported all my subscriptions to RSS and now I administer all by newsbeuter. Fuck google, I can't trust them since they deleted many subscriptions I had collected over the years.

That doesn't work for me, i need to use the channel ID.

Liferea has an automatic detection of RSS in youtube channels, even for the one it didn't work I could just check what it did to the others and add just the part I need from a new channel and bam I had ported the channel to RSS.

Inoreader

is there something as minimalistic as Liveclicks for firefox 57 or windows?

Do you guys know if hooktube has RSS feed function?

> $ apt search newsboat
> Sorting... Done
> Full Text Search... Done

Akregator because I'm a KDE fag

What's a rss

Flym

Doesn't.

spaRSS

Bamboo feed reader probably going to have to change it to feedbro

only if you fall for the sjwzilla tricks

so small it's easily to compile

What are some good Sup Forums related rss feeds?

ttrss

I read stuff on my phone while travelling etc (using the paid ttrss client app), including tapping into local train delay notifications etc. It's the best way to access text while on mobile for me; I don't have any other social media/aggregation apps.

tt-rss all day every dayall the way

desktop reader vs browser reader vs server reader?