My friend lost her samsung S8 and some nigger found it and turned it off, will they be able to unlock it?

My friend lost her samsung S8 and some nigger found it and turned it off, will they be able to unlock it?

>inb4 give it back tyrone

Other urls found in this thread:

android.com/find
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't turn it off unless you know the password or if it runs out of battery.

can he answer the phone? she said she tried calling someone picked up and hung up.

is this feature native to samsung devices or androids? how do you enable this?

How have you not already tracked it with Findmyandroid?

Seconded, what is this and how do I get it?

give it back, Tyrone

Yeah it is, but it's pretty pointless since you can still force power down the phone by holding pwr+vol-down for 8 seconds.

Also they easily will be able to factory reset/load a new rom, unless she's locked the bootloader with her Samsung acnt.

Also give it back

>implying niggers are capable of booting a rom

>implying niggers won't pawn it for crack money

>Also they easily will be able to factory reset/load a new rom

absolute state of poodroid.

a stolen iphone is basically a shiny brick

Give it back jamal

If she reports it stolen the phone will be blacklisted and it will become useless to use in US carries and then it will become ODIN locked so even if you flash a custom ROM it will ask you for a Samsung account password. Idk about lineage OS though.

Depends on the settings, I believe there is a setting that requires you to log into your google account to factory reset it and a setting that requires to enter the PIN. However if neither of those things are enabled I think it could just be booted into recovery mode and reset.

I found an iphone in a taxi a while ago and turned it off, then factory reset it and sold it for some easy bux, too bad the screen was smashed a little or i'd have gotten more.

If she has it integrated with a google account, she can go to android.com/find and lock it down. Even a factory reset will still require entry of the linked google account on reboot.

If someone roots it though, she's fucked.

As far as I know newer samsung devices are hardware encrypted and you cannot simply you something like odin to factory reset it. It won't even let you access it's bootloader without a pass code.

S8+ here, can confirm, rooted mine, needed to enter my passcode to access. Encryption is automatic on these things.

I've looked some shit up.
>In Android 5.1 and newer, factory reset protection is automatically activated (if supported) if two conditions are met:The user has their lock screen set to something other than “none” or “swype”. Enabling PIN, passcode or pattern lock is required for the feature to activate.
The user adds at least one Google Account to the device. In a case the device is erased, factory reset protection will require signing in with that Google Account during initialization.
Notably, there is no special setting to activate, enable or disable factory reset protection. There is no place in the Settings to see whether your device is protected or not.

>Once the Android device with active FRP is erased (via device settings, by booting into recovery or by using Android Device Manager), the following prompt will appear when setting up the device:

Get it back, Chad.

There is a software called Prey that does that.

delid this thread.

i just offered to buy her a new phone, and all she did was say OK, When? Didn't even say thanks. So I told her to fuck off. Not my friend anymore.

fucking bitches, can't even pretend to appreciate your generosity

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Get it back, Kayleigh.

>buy expensive overpriced phone
>loose it

lol, somehow this thread mad my day

cool, good to know. I mean even if you have an iPhone it's not like you can get the cops to go to Tyrone's house and get your phone back even when you show them it tracked there via GPS. They usually don't give a fuck.

>touchwizz

give it back jamal

nice guy, totally worth it

on all the android phones i seen so far if you have password and encryption if you enter it x times wrong it will factory reset itself

thief will have a perfectly new phone, but your data is safe at least...

Karma will see your niggery judged one day.

Or pop the SIM.

Nigger detected

wat

>some nigger found it and turned it off

>someone picked up and hung up

What is it now?

OP I hope you wont fall again for the same trap.. she will probably make you feel sorry for her. Dont be a cuck.. just forget about her.

I dont think the kind of person who steals phones would know about that