Samsung Galaxy Tab vs iPad Pro

For just torrenting shit to watch before a long road/airplane trip nothing beats Windows 10 doesn't it?

>pros: Samshit
>Super Amoled screen vs shitty LCD
>pen and keyboard included
>Windows 10 means I don't have to fucking download on a separate PC then fucking convert to motherfucking MP4 because fucking Apple refuse to support anything other than their own shitty format which nobody else uses
>also fuck horriblesubs for using only fucking MKV
>upgradable storage

>pros: iToddler
>more user friendly
>better UI
>better build quality???
>won't have to worry about viruses
>sexier looking device

The choice should be simple right? Both run around $1k with the keyboard/pen with 256gb storage. The samshit can top 1tb.

Install Gentoo on ThinkPad

I am looking for a fucking tablet that I can use to watch my animu while on the plane, I don't need a fucking laptop.

>120hz display on ipad
>buying anything samsung
>windows 10 is a pro now for tablets

lmao

if youre going to watch old animus 4:3 aspect ratio on ipad is great if not it’s tolerable as you can fill the screen but decide with that in mind

Get the Amazon Fire HD10.

>pros: Samshit
>Super Amoled screen vs shitty LCD

The LCD is far from shitty. Got enough brightness to be used as a fucking spotlight.
Color accuracy is very good, and the 120 Hz actually does make a big difference with pen input.

>pen and keyboard included

Can't argue with this.

>Windows 10 means I don't have to fucking download on a separate PC then fucking convert to motherfucking MP4 because fucking Apple refuse to support anything other than their own shitty format which nobody else uses

The iPad pro supports MP4, at least if you use third party apps like VLC for playback.
But in the end who the fuck uses the built in apps for playing video anyways?

>also fuck horriblesubs for using only fucking MKV

VLC desu.

>upgradable storage

Again, can't argue with this.

>pros: iToddler
>more user friendly

Coming from Android I'll have to disagree. It's confusing as all fuck coming from Android to iOS, until you learn the quirks and limitations.

>better UI

I will agree with this. The lack of softkeys or onscreen menu keys ala Android makes it a lot easier to hold the device without accidentally fatfingering the home or back button, which is absolute cancer when you're trying to draw or watch video.

>better build quality???

Overall I'm going to say yes. It feels a lot more solid and has zero light bleed.

>won't have to worry about viruses

You don't really have to worry about it either on Android unless you're a retard.
But yes, it does feel good to know that Apple actually has some sort of review process, unlike Google that simply just don't give a fuck unless it eats into their ad revenue (eg. apps that block youtube ads).

>sexier looking device

Meh. Personal preference. If you like soft curves then sure?

t. iToddler who bought a Samsung tablet for drawing purposes, but had to return it three (3) times because dead pixel issues galore and light bleed like you wouldn't believe.

>tablet watching anime

Get a laptop you 12 inch laptop

x220 tablet

Samsung tablet battery life won’t be anywhere close to the ipad pro.
Samsung tablet will have alot more thermal throttling issues.
It’s a tablet shaped laptop, not saying it’s bad but this type of tablets completely miss the point imo, I‘d rather get the ipad wit xbox hueg battery.
Also, you can simply transfer mp4 movies to your ipad with itunes into your ipads VLC library. Still not as easy as with Windows tho, I guess the choice is yours.

A good alternative would be the Thinkpad Yoga 370, a bit bulkier but can do everything the samsung can do + it has a proper keyboard and the option to install GNU/Linux instead of Winshit.

Do not suggest the yoga. Those hinges are shit and the cables wear out in no time at all.

Surface Pro 3

Really? what a bummer. I really liked it when I tried my coworkers Yoga 270 (identical chassis with smaller sceen)

*Yoga 260

If you want a thinkpad tablet, just get the x series tablets

There's literally no reason not to get an iPad. Either an iPad Pro or just the 2017 iPad.

See pic related. the iPad is just way more powerful. has the 120hz screen. you DO notice it. I have used both the samsung tab and ipad pro and the ipad pro is noticeably snappier.

if you dont care about that, the regular iPad is $320 and is as powerful as the samsung tab.

this

Download torrents on the Samshit then buy a huge capacity sd card. Doesn't look like a hard choice. And nothing beats amoled at watching movies, especially with its aspect ratio. But most importantly, the pen on it also functions as a cursor/pointer, other than being a writing tool. Loads of sites still use hover navigation menus.

Don't get itoddler prison toy, it sucks for doing what you want.

Depends if you want a smartphone with a big screen (iPad), or a laptop without an attached keyboard (Samsung)

iPad pro has the best screen
also you can play mkv there too, weeb

but really, get a MacBook retina 12 inch 2015+

>but really, get a MacBook retina 12 inch 2015+
/thread

>buying anything samsung

Yeah man haha what retard buys anything from Samsung, like screens LMAO

Thinking about getting the cheaper iPad 2017 but I don't want to get burned by apple making the device slow with updates. Does that still happen?