Firefox UI / CSS

With the changes to Firefox for v57, it is my understanding that addons/extensions will no longer be able to change the Firefox UI and that you can only do this via userChrome.css
I was considering making a website to make this easier to do, with a css editor/live preview (on the page)/etc

My questions are:
Is my understanding that the only way to change Firefox UI in 57+ will be userChrome.css correct?

Do you know where I can find the current CSS used by Firefox (to get classes/ids)?

Is this even worth doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330328
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is my understanding that the only way to change Firefox UI in 57+ will be userChrome.css correct?
It is.

>Do you know where I can find the current CSS used by Firefox (to get classes/ids)?
Use the browser toolbox. (ctrl+shift+alt+i)

>Is this even worth doing?
No because the browser toolbox already provides that functionality.

>With the changes to Firefox for v57, it is my understanding that addons/extensions will no longer be able to change the Firefox UI and that you can only do 1/10th of this via userChrome.css

Fixed that for you.

Name one thing that you want to do but can't so I can tell you why you are an idiot.

FT DeepDark for Chrome.
I'll wait for the next 50 years for you to show me.

>for Chrome
What?

Themes are just a bunch of CSS, what's the problem?

Go on and show me, or shut the fuck up.
I don't want your low IQ seeping out of your mouth unless the IQ fixes itself and has something smart to say.

FT DeepDark implemented through the shitty limited walled garden chrome shit.
Go on and show me, or beat it.

>FT DeepDark implemented through the shitty limited walled garden chrome shit.
I don't understand what your point is. Do you want a shitty limited version that Chrome has or do you want whatever it used to look like in Firefox?

>Go on and show me, or shut the fuck up.
You can copy all the css rules from FT DeepDark but it will probably break a lot because the UI is completely revamped in 57.
It's just a matter of updating the rules, there's nothing that you can't do.

I asked you for an example of something you can't do. Changing colors is something you can do.

>I don't understand what your point is.
My point is that you are a dumb fuck who doesn't know shit about CSS or anything for that matter, as opposed to the creator of FT DeepDark whose proof of knowledge is in the code he made,
and between a dumbfuck like you arguing that it can be done and a proven expert arguing that the next update will castrate UI customizability, i am of course going to believe the one with proof,
and call a retard like you a retard as i should.

cool thanks for the help

could you link me anything written by FT DeepDark creator about the FF57 changes? would be interesting to read

wtf m8 calm down

Since you have full trust in the almighty creator then you'll trust him when he says that the issue is specifically that he can't make it into an addon. Not that it's impossible to do at all.
Here's the relevant bug on bugzilla bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330328

>"code" he made
>proven expert
>wrote an edgy, dark css theme for some browser
Well meme'd, friendo

>can't do nothing
I bet the creator's a deepdark himself :^)

>Is my understanding that the only way to change Firefox UI in 57+ will be userChrome.css correct?
No. That's the only way in the current versions, but a proper themeing engine is underway. Then in the much longer term FF is going to undergo a full UI scheme revision to drop XUL, which may open further doors.

>Do you know where I can find the current CSS used by Firefox (to get classes/ids)?
You can inspect all Firefox UI: Ctrl-Shift-I -> Gear Icon (Options) -> Header: Advanced Settings -> Check "Enable browser chrome and add-on debugging toolboxes", check "Enable remote debugging" -> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-I -> Allow remote debugging session.

You can also swap to the Styles pane in that remote debugger and see the specific stylesheets.

Check the bugzilla entries about extending userChrome access to extensions, I think he's made some comments in those.

That user is an idiot, but the dude who made DeepDark actually seems pretty knowledgeable about Firefox themes and CSS.

>Firefox

>Do you want a shitty limited version that Chrome has

>Mr Smartypants doesn't know the fronted is called chrome in Firefox.
Hilarious.

Correct, it's called chrome, not Chrome.

neo-firefox can't even load local files from linked inside an html for "muh sikyourety"

it's literally worse than chrome at this point.

>With the changes to Firefox for v57, it is my understanding that addons/extensions will no longer be able to change the Firefox UI and that you can only do this via userChrome.css

Initially yes but Mozilla is also working on a new theme API that will make customizing stuff easier and less prone to random breakage.

Man fuck you OP I'm trying to purge that fucked up shit from my memory

who is the Geiger Counter of Technology?