/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtube.com/watch?v=deJcn1mYOlw

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

> Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

omegaforums.net/threads/to-co-axial-or-not-to-co-axial-or-is-it-a-case-of-back-to-the-future.27893/page-3
s.aliexpress.com/2qeemIrA
youtu.be/rGz59CUxjns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking for a cheap strap for my £10 sinobi 20mm.

Any reccomendations on style? I worry it might look like shit

Repostan; which one, /wt/?

The navitimer is 2busy4me, so of those two it's the omega.

Where's the best place to buy genuine Amfibias/Vostoks at good prices?

What watch would Sup Forums get if they had $2000 to play with?

There's some guy trying to sell one of the janky looking credors for that much

I would go for the Brietling here as the B01 is an excellent chronograph movement that additionally has the virtue of not being a literal ticking time-bomb like the cuck-axial in the Omega.

Probably a vintage datejust or oyster perpetual of some flavor or another.

Used Grand Seiko SBGV007 because I have a huge hard-on for it at the moment.

Can anyone ID this Vostok model?

That's made by Vostok Europe, a completely different company

Loving my new dark blue lizard skin strap on my vintage Omega, thanks to that user for the suggestion.

The SNE437, solar powered, runs for 20 years without service to +/- 45 seconds per year.

Stylish

affordable stainless steel dive watch with oyster bracelet

what more could you want?

Thanks, that was a good read.

The guy made a few mistakes though:
- he says the 1120 and 2500 don't wind in both directions; they do
- he said the balance wheel was silicon; it isn't
- the barrel arbor isn't DLC coated, the barrel casing is

These are pretty glaring mistakes, and therefore it's safe to say he isn't quite up to speed, and might simply be repeating the "microscopic oiling" thing from the 2500.

why is there a red stripe on the windy knob?

>windy knob?

omegaforums.net/threads/to-co-axial-or-not-to-co-axial-or-is-it-a-case-of-back-to-the-future.27893/page-3

In the context of this thread, I think Archer would have mentioned it the 8500 didn't require the precision oiling for shock absorption. I'll try and dig up something more definitive later when I have time.

>whorology

It's noticed, OP.

Breitling. One of the most iconic chronograph designs and now actually has a decent movement (again). You can get the Sinn instead if you want to save some money and want a slightly more robust case but with an inferior movement.

kek
blame previous op

My Seiko 5, say something nice about xer!

Post unblurred pic

Meranom

I put my Amphibia on a rubber strap from AliExpress that was shilled on /wt/ last year. It's actually pretty comfy and looks good too.

seconding Meranom
Best prices and selection. I've heard that they work very closely with Vostok, which is why as far as I'm aware, they're the ones that carry the SE.

I've only ordered one watch and a caseback from them, but they dispatched quickly and it got to the UK in a reasonable amount of time with no import fees either.

Never had to use their customer service, but it's also supposed to be very good and professional.

What can you tell me about the Hamilton H30 movement (modified ETA, 80h reserve, but only 21600 BPH instead of 28800 on the ETA)

Recommend me cool watches under 300

Chink milanese
Reissue
1601 linen

what do you mean by cool?

omega no questions the navitimer is for plebs

what strap?

They actually make the se

customer service and product is top notch

>click on shop
>there's like a hundred amphibia models and types

This is a bit overwhelming. What are the most "iconic" and definitive Vostok/Amphibia models?

This one - s.aliexpress.com/2qeemIrA

It's really soft & supple, plus it only cost £1!

The Ministry case scuba dude like this

For the Amphibia? Scubadude. Saying that there's like 5 or 6 case styles, AND there's a few subadude variants all with different colours and indices
For the Komandirskie? Probably the tank

Are there Nautilus 5711 style watches out there? I don't want fake Patek Philippe, but shameless imitation from real watch manufacturer.

Something like Seiko divers which are visually 99% Rolex submariner, so I can wear it without someone calling me out for it.

Service complete, in just two days. I'm gonna wear it for a few days as a test run then sell it. If it turns out to be accurate, how much should I ask for it?

just bought this baby

for the glory of the soviet union.

YOU STOLE MY IMAGE AND USED IT TO BLASHEMe OUR LORD

pro tip here the blue dials look insane in person

The one you posted is actually quite nice, classic diver cues with Кoммyниcтичecкий тpaх influences. I hear "scuba dude" is somewhat iconic.

30 burger bucks after ship

Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh: Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!

Is this "insane" as in "off the chain, brah! Totally" or irrational and illogical?

Nice, I too have my amphibia on that chink strap. I went with the red stitching though.

Define 'real watchmaker'. Bagelmemes are a thing.

bump

Yeah, no, go f**k yourself.

That has to be the ugliest piece of junk I've ever seen.
I bet you feel like the cock of the walk wearing this steaming heep of shit while you hit on the poor interns.

those are dope I gotta pick one up at some point

My bad, didn't see the model. It appears to go for $75-$150, with not much difference in quality in that price range. So just depends on how quick you're trying to get it gone.

This is really specific.. you ok? Show us on the silhouette where he touched you.

Well so far the only issues are cosmetic, due to the age of the watch. I VERY lightly buffed the polished surfaces of the case, it's not enough to get rid of scratches, nor destroy the case lines, just to get some shine back for the case. Also cleaned every external part in an ultrasonic and replaced the gaskets.

Haute horologie my friend!

Dude it's the internet.
It's anonymous.

I don't know what happened between 2007 -2017
But things fuckin changed.

I'm not gonna suck your dick and measure words just to avoid hurting your feelings.

Fuck that ugly ass watch.

Yes.

There's this piece of shit, but I wouldn't recommend it it's total dogshit.

looks quite alright on the front but I do wonder if the movement is worse than the origninal ETA

How about this?

Lmao I'm not even the guy with the watch. It was merely the type of comment you made that made my comment all too easy to make. Dude you're one crazy fuck. Probably were molested.

HOW DARE YOU BLASPHEME OUR LORD

YOU HAVE DESECRATED MY MEME

RETRACT THIS POST AT ONCE

That is hilarious! Never noticed the similarity.

Dude it's the internet.
It's anonymous.

I don't know what happened between 2007 -2017
But things fuckin changed.

I'm not gonna suck your dick and measure words just to avoid hurting your feelings.

Fuck that ugly ass watch.

>s.aliexpress.com/2qeemIrA
cheers m8

Yeah, but dial is perfect circle so difference is huge. If only it was more rectangular

That is exactly what Im talking about. Is it possible to find watch like that with good materials and finish?

I'll flip the two white Cosmotrons and keep the blue one (I originally wanted to keep the white on the right as it has a patterned dial, like a proto-Snowflake). Also I restored and serviced this penisquartz, not sure if I'll keep it though. Still needs a new crystal gasket though.

Any questions?

>"Totally off the tracks, broham!"

Hey /wt/ redpill me on invicta watches

You should keep the snowflake desu, you'll thank yoursef later. How much will you sell the penisquartz for after gasket?

They're generally shit. Although quartz is almost always accurate as fucc, and their automatic offerings come with low grade Seiko movements, so you could do a lot worse.
But they're such a meme at this point just toss in an extra $50-$100 get a nice SKX or better yet an SRP.
Tl;dr walmart brand cuck shit but not awful I guess

I don't know yet, I'll look up how these are sold, depending on the movement, design and condition.

Also the snow dial seems more common, I already own one that'll likely remain a donor, as it is kinda fucked up (pic).

you can't capture it in photos. You know what i mean?

do not buy i owned one for a month. You will never convince yourself it was a good idea.

I had the ob model and it was accurate to within a second a day . the most accurate watch i ever owned. It is a hunk of shit do not buy it.

I own one of their divers because of a moment of weakness.

They're pretty nice. Also they have better QC than Seiko. My Invicta chapter rings and bezel lines up perfectly. Their newer models have see through casebacks with a decorated yellow rotor that's really nice.

I'm still embarassed to wear it.

the bracelet has to be replaced but the actual watch part is not horrible that is true. I was also too embarrassed to wear it. It just looks like a fake rolex.

>Also they have better QC than Seiko

At the price point they certainly do.

I've ordered 5 consecutive SKX007s with misaligned chapter rings. The fifth one was the J model.

My first Invicta has chapter ring, bezel, date wheel all lining up perfectly.

>Ordered and returned a watch five times
Was it autism? Did I just get lucky with my SKX? What seller let you exchange the same damn item over and over again?

No probs, I do recommend it for the price.

misaligned

Thoughts on this ?
I'm looking for a cheap chrono

Yes I am very autistic when it comes to watch details. Even a little detail off will drive me nuts.

What makes you say that?

>tfw saw a lesbian wearing a navitimer recently

Its a decent watch, i got the same one but white instead of black and i put a leather strap on it

>Reissue
So you're saying get the Omega?

It just looks nicer
41mm vs 46mm
cool meme movement
not as busy?
I personally would never buy the omega myself but i was asked to choose between the two

>41mm vs 46mm
Well the Navitimer also comes in 43mm.
But it's still a pretty large and striking watch.

What would you recommend in that price range?
Preferably something with a rotating bezel, not too tool-ish but not too formal.

How big does it wear on your wrist?

>Also they have better QC than Seiko.

>homage or reissue
Neither 2bh.

Holy ol fuck bois the madman's done it.

youtu.be/rGz59CUxjns

A little smaller than i expected, especially without the metal bracelt but its the perfect size for me

You have to compare them to equally priced Seiko watches (low end Seiko 5s) so yes Invicta is better in every way 2bh. But if you step in to the price range of full price Invicta, which you should never pay because they are always on massive sales, Seiko is better.

So what would you recommend?
Preferably something with a rotating bezel, not too tool-ish but not too formal.

So just a bunch of footage from his youtube videos crudely slapped together?