I love this book and i would recommend it, but the problem is that it only deals with linear circuits and elements

i love this book and i would recommend it, but the problem is that it only deals with linear circuits and elements
are there any books like this one that deals with nonlinear elements like diodes?

Nobody on this board knows anything about this, they are all CSfags

Used this one for undergrad. It's not great but not bad either.

Check out ohm general on /diy/

almost all of electronics assumes that your input is so small that the circuit is locally linear at the operating point. You don't need a nonlinear book unless you're doing black magic like RF

>CS doesn't cover circuits

what shithole community college did you go to that your CS coursework didn't include at least basic circuitry?

this book is actually not that shitty. it has a pretty good chapter on filters.

computer engineering yes, but CS students are not required to take circuits. why would they?

My CS program is still run by old dudes that believe fundamentals are important, so we have courses on circuitry and logic boards.
We design them, build them, then program them in assembly.

Good for baby tier circuits. You're looking for an electronic circuits book. From now on all the Rs,Ls, and Cs will go to biasing and filtering around active ICs

I wish my program were like this

What school?

It's a small regional university with a very small CS program (there were only 15 CS grads last year).

sounds like you're the one going to a shitty school

Small class sizes are pretty great, though.
Taking a course on advanced topics with just 4 students and the professor is an incredible experience that I wish most people could experience.
You get so much more out of the course, I feel, than if you were in a teaching auditorium with 150 students.

The intro courses were pretty big, but that's because they're shared with other majors.

>Small class sizes are pretty great, though.
>Taking a course on advanced topics with just 4 students and the professor is an incredible experience that I wish most people could experience.
I go to a large state school and my upper division classes are like this.

it's only, like, physics, chemistry, and other intro classes that are held in the big auditoriums

You're going to have to use a book that considers the nonlinear elements in order to learn how to make the linear approximations necessary to model them. Furthermore you need a good understanding the nonlinearities to know when it's a linear approximation is good enough.

lol, I have this book. I am a CS Student and tomorrow is my Mid Term Exam on Electric Circuits. It's a mandatory subject.

This book is very much "meh" tier. Try Razavi.

Sedra & Smith, Razavi