The complete dominance by Google Chrome is proof that performance matters

The complete dominance by Google Chrome is proof that performance matters.

>complete dominance
welcome to 1998. The DOJ will have a word with you shortly

The only dominance chrome does is to your RAM, senpai.

edge can't even browse youtube without using 100% cpu.

Yup, and firefox is just abhorrent performance wise. I'd rather have my resources used rather than getting lags and slowdowns when browsing.

this

Firefox performs better than chrome now

>Chrome
>Performance

Get back to me when it has NoScript and AdBlock

Name one browser that doesn't chug hot magma cocktail juice right now.

Anything that isn't Firefox.

Waterfox.

I thought I'd test this. A 4K video uses about 2% CPU. Maybe your GPU doesn't support VP9?

*forced advertising matters

Just use Vivaldi dude.

Reminder that this is the Sup Forums we live in today.

It's so frustrating when the most popular browser is also the best browser. How are we supposed to shit on normies except by pretending modern firefox is actually good?

This. Though I just use Canary, it has a fancy gold icon.

Fuck off neo-Sup Forums

Write your next program with electron, goy.

it's good, but many will move to moon or water whe the ESR finnaly abAnDDON next spring.

I meant wtf, who uses Chrome? Chromium ogtfo

should have done 50+ tabs on chrome
and another 50+ tabs on firefox without noscript

NetRunner

Yep.
Despite being hailed as the more "resource hungry" Chromium and it's forks work a lot smoother on my old machine than any version of Firefox does.

With decent privacy oriented patches (i'm using iridium but there's also ungoogled), addons like ublock/umatrix/decentraleyes you get a decent browsing experience. I do wish developers made it possible to put tabs vertically (one feature I'm really missing from Firefox) but otherwise ditching FF improved my life a lot.

data mining

>chrome being dominant for any other reason than google being the largest and most influential online advertiser
we truly are in the neo-Sup Forums era

>implying Chrome's marked share has nothing to do with the biggest advertisement company in the world aggressively pushing it down people's throats on every page of their every service for years

I wondered how my browsers compare and this is the result.

it is Sup Forums main page, 20 Sup Forums tabs, youtube main page, 5 youtube videos and my mails.

firefox (quantum) is my main browser and it is up to date. the rest is probably not but they can't be that old.

firefox also has a bunch of extensions as well.

also that overhead per tab on edge, kek.

I use firefox at home but chrome at work. my home browser feels faster even though it is a worse pc

>Default browser in all android phones and tablets and mandatory to be there
>Chromebooks selling like hotcakes
Yes OP, it’s clearly popular because it’s good and not because it’s forced everywhere

I don't know why people keep shitting on Firefoz. Works on my machine. And had that sweet tree style tabs without botnet. And FOSS on top. Couldn't ask for better.

no it just means that free market is a meme and laissez faire retards BTFO

Why do people use Firefox and still think they're botnet free?

I can understand people just running away from Chrome, Chromium or whatever, I just don't know why people lie to themselves so much. It's like the fags running to Windows 7 thinking that they're all that safe because they're not using 10.

Efficiency is the highest form of thriftiness.

Absolutely disgusting