>upgradable battery
>upgradable RAM
>express card slot
>secondary SSD / Optical Drive included
>costs as much as W520

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtu.be/FFhjDX-DUew
youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mbp2016-linux-wreck&num=1
youtube.com/watch?v=NVAmnV65_zw
techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/macbook-1287806/review/3
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P51s-Core-i7-4K-Workstation-Review.226638.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the point. The entire point of using a macbook is to look rich. This will just make you look poor lol

But user, I don't hate them, I just choose not to use them. What kind of maladjusted sack of shit would project hatred upon an intimate object?

honestly? none.
my early 11 13" macbook pro was a dank machine, used it with a 128gb ssd and a 500gb hdd on the cd bay. battery died and got it replaced for $50

i definitely would buy one as a secondary laptop if i had the need, only contender is X220 because shit is under $200...

> being so insecure you base your hardware choices on what other people will think of you.

Speaking of sad sacks of shit..

can't install MS-DOS on it

Sup Forums can't afford them

>he doesn't know what UNIX is

i had a bondi blue imac

Hate them? I love them. I'm running an early 2011 13" MBP with 1TB SSD and 16GB RAM now. I'm going to upgrade soon to a 2015 15" and keep the one I've got now.

> ports, upgradability
You mean just like every other laptop on the planet..?

my main is a mid 2012 i7 w/ a Samsung 256SSD, and 16GB of ram.

I literally have zero reasons to upgrade anytime soon and it's doing everything I want.

Just want to state that I prefer the direction Apple is going with MacOS vs Microsoft and their horrid Win10. Win7 was the last good Windows.

Also for any mc users, fucking dump iTunes and get Swinsian. Plays FLAC, and is far faster than iTunes

I don't like them because it doesnt have a trackpoint, thats all I ask on a laptop in these days.

fair enough

You have ten seconds (10) to justify your worship of macshit

2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

> bumping a thread that was on its way to 404 with this drivel.

>Using the term classic Macs
>He doesn't own a Quadra 650

wow that photo has some, really, really nasty spherochromatism. Pick a better photo next time.

chad and stacies use them

>made of soda cans
>glossy display is disgusting
>insanely breakable
>can't upgrade RAM on 2012 onward
>optical drive sounds like a dying robot baby on boot
>soldered in dual core trash
>open more than three browser tabs and the fan spins up like a helicopter taking off
>entire lower housing is a heat sink and the laptop fries your balls if you use it on your lap
>bootcamp is hellish, 3GB of drivers
>can't even install Windows from USB on some models
>piss poor Linux support because of obscure wireless hardware
>shitty EFI that's totally closed off
>retarded EFI can't even boot GRUB
>dumb EFI can't even boot non-OS X disks that are using GPT, relies on BIOS emulation for MBR disks instead
>all ports on left side so using a wired mouse is just slightly more of a chore
>OS X is hot garbage that isn't worth using on anything (have to install some community made third party package manager just to update basic shit like Bash)
>stupid chicklet keyboard (ZOMG a backlight!)
>have to hold Fn to use function keys instead of holding it to activate the other meme controls
>clicking the whole trackpad is ass so you have to dig through accessibility settings to enable tap to click
>the dock is fucking retarded and some applications don't actually quit when you close all the windows, some of them do
>retard tier window management that changes every couple of major versions
>what the fuck even is a firewire port?
I own a 2011 model and it's trash. It's collecting dust because I don't need the money and I don't want to interact with Macfags that would want to buy it because they're all insufferable twats.

>he thinks that OS X is UNIX
>he thinks the certs mean jack shit
>he doesn't know that it isn't POSIX compliant
>he doesn't know that poll() has been broken for a while now and Applel just doesn't care
>he doesn't know what poll() is
Ok.

This. OP is a 14 year old faggot that doesn't even know about OS9 on PPC.

working on my machine

he fucked up saying unix and not a XNU/BSD

>shit touchpad
>shit keyboard
>glossy screen
>useless optical drive
>harder to service than business notebooks
>all models have certain parts that break easily
>shit battery
>shit case made out of metal (feels like shit to touch, unlike plastic)
>shit cooling system (no really)
>display almost always below full HD
>costs as much as a much newer and better W520

Proprietary software that you can not view with your eyes...

Good morning!
Audience claps.
Thank you for being with us.
Audience claps.
We have some powerful new devices to show you.
Audience claps.
You know, iPhone/Mac is the most powerful/popular device in the world.
Audience claps.
This year we sold more iPhones/Macs than ever before.
Audience claps.
And now, I'm pleased to introduce the new [Mac/iPhone].
Audience claps.
The [Mac/iPhone {number}] is our best, and most powerful [Mac/iPhone], ever.
Audience claps.
Now, I'd like to introduce my friend Phil Schiller to tell you more.
Audience claps.
Thank you, Tim. The [Mac/iPhone {number}] is truly amazing, and will impact your life in truly amazing ways.
Audience claps.
You could always [perform a task] but now with [new name for the feature that already exists in other phones/computers] it will be even easier to [perform a task].
Audience claps.
Now I'm going to hand it back to Tim.
Audience claps.
Amazing. The [Mac/iPhone {number}] will be available for [more than it's worth] [a week from Sunday].
Audience claps.
Now join me in welcoming [mediocre band].
Audience claps.

And It makes Apple more money than any poodroid maker

Stop trying to reinvent the loo, pajeet

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS", "You're just oo poor to afford it and are jealous")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

>reinvent the loo

Can’t tell if this is a copy pasta or if you’re actually autistic enough to write this wall of text

MACTODDLERS BTFO

MacBook
>$2400 w/ i5 and 16gb RAM
>SSD soldered to board
>Memebar
>Retina 2k screen

XPS 13 hackintosh
>$1800 w/ i7 and 16gb RAM
>Upgradeable SSD
>Touch screen
>4k

Don't forget, OP:
- 16:10 display
- extremely good speakers compared to other laptops
- fantastic trackpad (beats the shit out of my X220's trackpoint)
- choice between matte and glossy display

Early unibody MBPs are criminally underrated. I love my *20 series thinkpads, but there's no pretending they aren't a massive downgrade in look, feel, and sound.

DELET

Do you (or anyone) have the picture of their manual showing the ridiculous gobs and gobs of heatsink grease they used? the one which caused the laptop to get to 120C+ which could be fixed to less than 70C but somebody got sued for using the pic of their manual.

Also I'm pretty sure that's where that macrumors post came from about "overheating is subjective" since there was a literal shit who insisted it had to stay that way

Daily reminder that iToddler blah blah Apple Rox yadayada britfag Muhammad doxxed poorfag iFag Tim Cock pajeet rajesh rajeet poo2loo

Here’s a list of 1000 archive links because I spend all day on Sup Forums waiting for anything Apple-related to be posted.

Also here’s some shitty memes and debunked Webms I cooked up etc etc

A[?]toddlers btfo
>I will also ignore this was already fixed in 11.1.1

lmao get a life imagine being this assblasted iPoor LagOS how will ever recover suicide watch

>coil whine

>ayylmaobooks

Not even once.

>iToddler blah blah Apple Rox yadayada britfag Muhammad doxxed poorfag iFag Tim Cock pajeet rajesh rajeet poo2loo

What’s the matter andreet?
Mad that your copypasta has been destroyed?

I don't use laptops, I use desktops that are 3-4x more powerful and half the price.

I don't know why you need a fucking laptop and need to waste your money at a coffee shop being a pretentious gaylord when you can make better coffee at home with 3 large monitors.

Did you upgrade the OS since you bought it? Any issues? I have the last MBP that was worth buying, the mid2012 13" MBP. I use it for djing and i am afraid to upgrade. Always had issues after upgrading previous macs i owned.

>mac
Found your problem.

What's the point if you can buy a w520?

>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
what. stopped right there. I've been 11 hours in my 15" now and I have a 12% battery left.

>IPS HD display

(Citation needed)

youtu.be/FFhjDX-DUew

All good points until here
>costs as much as a W520
>performs like T400
Other than that I love classic macs
I've always wanted one but until price comes down I wouldn't buy one
Maybe I'll buy a white macbook soon
I loved those so much

Because this video kinda describes the regular operation of those devices:
youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s

Low resolution display and no force touch trackpad. They're okay if you want a cheap Mac, but I want a retina display.

I work for a company that WEEEs any machine older than 3 years. We trashed so many perfectly working 2013 MBPs recently.

>piss poor Linux support because of obscure wireless hardware
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mbp2016-linux-wreck&num=1

This, honestly Sup Forums should be like twitter with its character limits.

Sup Forums has a relatively short 2000 character limit. Compare that to something like plebbit which has a 40,000 character limit.

Non-retina MBPs are GOAT. rMBPs are nice for the screen, but along with the Air started a downward trend by compromising too much. Current touchbar MBPs are just a mess. I had a choice of getting one for free for work, but chose the older 2015 model instead.

The keyboard, the OS, the price, no trackpoint, aluminium chassis, anal seamen leakage.

If that is what is considered "classic" in the Mac world, then that alone would drive me away.

Thanks, I wrote that pasta myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=NVAmnV65_zw

techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/macbook-1287806/review/3

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P51s-Core-i7-4K-Workstation-Review.226638.0.html

500$ more for a worse product
>muh battery life
non apple products can also limit their CPU power. Except windows and linux treats like you an adult and makes you decide if you want to limit your CPU instead of forcing it on you

>COIL WHINE