Redpill me on Windows 8.1

Why should I use it over 10?
What benefits does it provide over a well-configured Windows 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17096032/Windows_10_Enterprise_N_2016_LTSB_X64_en-US_Feb_2017-v2__Gen2_
the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont be edgy and use windows 10

It's windows ten with worse interface and less support.

Same telemetry but no slider to tune it down. Your call.

You either use windows 7 sp1 or go straight to regular 10 or ltsb.

God tier windows that puts to shame 7 and 10.
>speed of 10
>flexibility botnet removal of 7
If you're a faggot that cares about the start menu appearance you open once or twice a day anyway use something else and enjoy your botnet while patricians make their move to 8.1

Yeah man you just love hitting the widows key accidentally and your whole screen is filled with fucking blocks, windows 8 is Terrible

you must be over 18 to visit this site

Has the good stuff from 10 and 7.

Needs a quick setup at first install to make it perfect both in terms of the UI and Telemetry shit then that's it.
It won't try to set itself back on botnet mode after every update unlike 10.

Alternatively you can download a pirated gen2 copy of 10 LTSB, download some extra shit that will stop all the datamining crap and use it too but that will most likely require you to keep on checking if there's something back on again from time to time unlike 8.1

I myself don't see a reason to use anything above 8.1 considering I only use windows for gayman or running something that doesn't have a linux version although I got from 7 to 10 in a VM all set up just in case.

DON'T. Support has been withdrawn, disk usage goes to 100% at startup unless you stop superfetch and/or spooler, chrome has wierd glitches.

>10
>Sup Forums thinks it is fast
>at all
The (((ABSOLUTE))) average intelligence of Sup Forums right now.

Fast compared with the previous Bangblows

Let's see.

It has slightly better multimonitor support than 7. It's also somewhat faster. Somewhat. I get that a lot of people shit on the memory management in 7 but hell it's not that bad. You have a choice on whether you want the ribbon UI or not on the file manager. A better task manager and some other little details.

I would be using 8.1 if it weren't because AMD thought that since few people use it, they should stop supporting it altogether, unlike Microsoft or Nvidia (?).

>Support has been withdrawn
Not by M$

>Disk usage goes to 100% at startup unless you stop superfetch and/or spooler
Can't reproduce

>chrome has wierd glitches
Can't reproduce either

>well-configured 10
Lol what does that mean?

You need to jump through some hoops to get it to work well with new hardware, beyond that, it's good. I like 8.1. It's sleek and you can still turn off automatic updates. You're going to want to install classic start though, but you'd want that with 10 too. Only real downside is that the assholes are dropping support soon. I was hoping it would outlast 7, but they've extended that.

parental controls on 8 are on the local account

on 10 you have to create microsoft accounts for you and the kid, then verify your parenthood with a credit card

8.1 still supports HF pAppLocale, 10 does not.

>on 10 you have to create microsoft accounts for you and the kid, then verify your parenthood with a credit card

Top fucking kek.

Can Windows 7 drivers be used on 8.1 without many issues?

I have 2 legit keys for 8.1 and 8.1 embedded industry pro.

Which one would you use, Sup Forums?

Yes.

>Not using a local account, an option from setup

I have no idea. It reconfigured itself back to doing stuff I didn't want every update to so I just got rid of it.

doubletrips never lie.

Just install classicshell then

Get Windows 10 LTSB. Pre-activation is a built in feature from currysoft so you don't have to search for cracked keys or Russian loader tools. It's minimal botnet with only security updates. No store, no cortana, no other bullshit. Not even media player. You only install what you need. If you must use Windows, it's the way to go.

8.1 Pro

It's fast on modern hardware, might not be on your 2005 Thinkpad fedorastation though

Any specific release to download or any one would do?

I'm using this right now. It's a clean ISO.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17096032/Windows_10_Enterprise_N_2016_LTSB_X64_en-US_Feb_2017-v2__Gen2_

Windows 10 LTSB is fast even on my shitty 2006 ThinkPad with a 1.6GHz dual core CPU. I have Coreboot/SeaBIOS as the BIOS and an SSD and 4GB of RAM installed. Just do a few basic upgrades and you can use your 10 year old computer for nearly every day to day office task or light web browsing.

that's not a "clean iso" that's clearly modified by a group called Gen2
Always verify the hash of a ISO download using it, an easy tool to do this is Hashtab, you just check the properties of the ISO.
the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 10/en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
That's a clean ISO completely untouched from Microsoft. You can verify the hash (and you should!!) after downloading. Activate it using Microsoft ToolKit from the mydigitallife forums.

Read the description of the torrent, you tard.

"retard" it clearly says the integrated shit with it like updates, etc. Even comes pre-activated meaning they modified it.
The hashes they give does not match up to the originals. it's your choice if you trust it or not, but I think the original from Microsoft is ALWAYS better.

If it's the real gen2 it's as legit as you can get in terms of pirating windows. For anything better you probably should just go straight to microsoft but that means buying it.

>Even comes pre-activated meaning they modified it
Holy shit you're a fucking Downie. Grow a brain. That's a feature that Microsoft includes in this version of Windows.

no it's not you fucking retard, enjoy your spyware dipshit.
>>/r/eddit

Yes it is, fucker. Look it up.

7 is better than both.

>Pre-activation is a built in feature
No. It's not. You have a modified iso. I have the MSDN iso files and no such option exists.

>No. It's not.
See

Check your hashes.

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x64_dvd_6848446.iso
264D48C902E6B586A1ED965062F7DA4D4DA99B35

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x86_dvd_6848454.iso
ABE400AD86C604197A3B163E31AFCC1B7C53325E

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
031ED6ACDC47B8F582C781B039F501D83997A1CF

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso
45E72D02FF17125C699558719EB946D8E140C9CC

These are the MSDN isos and no such thing as "pre-activation" exists on them.