Only 10 days left until Americans lose net neutrality

Hope you enjoy paying $50 extra to use a search provider other than google

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access#2016:_UN_Resolution
businessinsider.com/un-says-internet-access-is-a-human-right-2016-7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>everything that's not the "main" net becomes slower

I'm ready for the plaintext/pureHTML renaissance.

Although, if you have Verizon Wireless or FiOS, your default search engine is now Yahoo.

Don't worry, the CDNs that host all that garbage will be on the fat pipes that are never congested

yacy is free.

The internet is a privilege and a luxury, not a right or a necessity. It's no more important than cable TV, and nobody complains about the convenience of buying multiple channels at once. It's better for the economy, better for the businessses, and better for you and me. Net neutrality is a meme.

This, the reason the lack of net neutrality is so bad is the CDNs become gate keepers to content you see. They become what are essentially 2nd tier cable companies and the internet becomes sterilized like television.

Literally everyone hates cable though, that's why it's dying. People have been demanding ala carte TV for decades and we never got it.

>The internet is a privilege and a luxury, not a right or a necessity.
It's not a right in America, but a right and necessity pretty much everywhere else. Just like healthcare.

>It's no more important than cable TV
Can't find a job, pay bills and work from your tv.
>and nobody complains about the convenience of buying multiple channels at once
Nobody needs tv unlike the internet.

They know good and well that the Internet is dying in favor of decentralized comms. Gotta squeeze the last few drops of blood from the stone.

I honestly want this to happen because americans deserve it

Internet is the new cable TV. By rallying against net neutrality, you'll be supporting hundreds of thousands of jobs. You'll be allowing hundreds of thousands of people the rights of life, liberty, and happiness.

>By rallying against net neutrality, you'll be supporting hundreds of thousands of jobs.
By supporting net neutrality you'll allow for many times more than that and you'll have access to more content than you would have otherwise.

I don't because it'll have effects elsewhere and even if the majority of americans was for this -which I don't think is the case- the minority of not faggots wouldn't deserve it.

Americans voted for it, so yes... They deserve it... Im gonna laugh my ass off seeing all the americans complain that they need to pay $20 extra every month so that they have access to their bank account.

Link to info on this?

Majority of Americans don't support this. It's just our corrupt politicians being bought by lobbyists.

It's not about the quantity of jobs, it's about the quality. It is better if the only available internet video provider is youtube and not vimeo, twitch and so on. Because it gives youtube the ability to really hone the technology and make it great than if they need to share the market with tons of others. The jobs at youtube would have better quality than if you have thousands of different shitty video providers.

>I want the internet to be like cable TV
>capitalism 4ever, you're lucky to have anything

Also if you think the internet is a merely a luxury for businesses you're an idiot.

Yes, the country who rebuilt the country that makes our chinese cartoons totally deserves to be restricted because they're an inferior race.

>can't find a job
Ever try going outside?

Ever try to get a job? You have to meet all sorts of requirements, like age, marital status, race, religion, nationality, intelligence, and you have to have decent social skills. Which most of Sup Forums doesnot.

>what is reading comprehension

Anti NN libertarians and ancaps have good intentions and aren’t doing this to be malicious, but the already big corporations work hard to make it impossible for new competition to spring up and it won’t get any better

People voted for Hillary (who hates net neutrality) over Sanders (who wants to keep it) and people voted for Trump (who hates net neutrality) over anything else. The majority of Americans support it.

They do it to themselves.

Babyboomer who have not applied for a job since the 70s spotted.

How would you get a job by "going outside" without the internet, you idiot? If you hand in a paper cv they have no idea what to do with it and will ask you to apply on their website instead. It's not 1971

Internet access is a right according to the UN and EU

Literally false unless you don't believe in capitalism. Capitalism requires competition to actually work. Competition drives up wages and drives innovation.

First off, let's see that citation. Second off, that's ridiculous. That's like saying electricity and running water are rights. People got along, and some still get along just fine without any of them. Why the fuck do we need them now all of a sudden?

> The internet is a privilege and a luxury, not a right or a necessity.

It is a necessity. Just consider just how many services exists on the internet.

Want to pay bills? Internet banking.
Want to file a warranty claim? Email or ticketing system.
Want to contact customer support? Facebook, Twitter or Online Chat, unless you enjoy talking to pajeets.
Want to buy something? Amazon, unless you want to pay 2x the price to maybe purchase it in a physical store.
Want to research something? Wikipedia/Google
Want to book a trip somewhere? Online ordering.
Want to plan a trip somewhere? Online map services.

Of course you can survive without internet, as long as you realize that most things will take 10x longer, and a lot of things are no longer possible.
But good luck finding a job, since you either won't have a facebook page, or it'll be outdated to the point of looking fake.

I can't fucking wait for Americans to just piss off

What will happen to P2P? Torrents, tor, ipfs, fucking Bitcoin? Will it all become slow as hell?

I'm personally most excited about watching you retards scramble to explain what's happening when nothing actually fucking happens. But I guess I would be panicking too, if I use no idea what "net neutrality" actually meant.

>muh "$20 for access to a certain website" argument

If you honestly think that is what NN was protecting against, go ahead and kill yourself.

>Want to pay bills?
Write a cheque and mail it to your utility provider.

>Want to file a warranty claim?
Go to the store where you bought it and talk to the warranty department.

>Want to contact customer support?
Pick up the phone and talk to a real live person.

>Want to buy something?
Go to Walmart.

>Want to research something?
Go to the library.

>Want to book a trip somewhere?
>Want to plan a trip somewhere?
Go to a travel agency and talk to a travel agent.

If you are deluded enough to think you (((NEED))) the internet for (((ANYTHING))), you are retarded. Fucking americans.

I was going to kill myself anyway.

source for 10 day meme?

Do a Stephen Paddock and take out a few americans while you're at it. The less americans, the better the world for the rest of us.

All that shit is just kept for boomers who don’t use internet, most of it will disappear when all the boomers die

I can't wait for ameritards to finally fuck off from my 4channel

What about internet games that use p2p instead of dedicated servers?

With modern medical advances, the greatest generation will live longer than ever. They'll always have an alternative to the internet.

You're dumb.

Only about half of Americans voted.

Voting for an anti-net neutrality candidate does not mean you're anti-net neutrality as there are multiple issues to consider.

Plus, this decision is for Congress and not the Executive branch.

You're either an idiot or a bad troll.

You cant kick the autists who are here forever off, but normalshits will definitely decline

>Plus, this decision is for Congress and not the Executive branch.
And the congress is appointed by the executive branch. If you had just voted for Hillary like a real human being we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Net Neutrality is a meme.

It doesn't even apply to Mobile Providers yet you don't see them blocking sites or whatever like these NN shills claim will happen.

There is none, OP is lying, NN is safe

>Books are a privilege and a luxury, not a right or a necessity. It's no more important than mechanical watches, and nobody complains about the convenience of knowing the exact time of the day. It's better for the economy, better for the businesses, and better for you and me. Printing machines are a meme.
>tl;dr im a retard (or Amish)

In the mid 2000s we went without net neutrality and cable companies like comcast throttled the shit out of torrent traffic. We know what the cable companies are trying to do having NN removed we already saw what happened.

>You cant kick the autists who are here forever off
Those are fine, I only hate the ones who came after the election/fappening, most of them are americans

Good luck functioning in modern society without it

Nothing in this world is a right or necessity. You can live without someone handing you everything.

Very reasonable, I agree

>Congress is appointed by the executive branch
Please leave the thread if you have no idea about basic US civics

OOGA BOGOGGGA WE SAVED U IN WW2

Congress is voted in by State elections.

Oh man I really need 100% of my gigabit service to download text off a bbs, I hope they don't throttle me!

more fake news

Even with your stupid NN, you do realize it does nothing to protect against piracy and Comcast could literally block any hash on bittorrent if they really wanted to.

>implying yuros won't lose access to Sup Forums once Comcast starts charging websites for international peering

I'm OK with just browsing Sup Forums, there are always rich fags willing to pay to show us the things we can't get.
Nvm I'm not an americuck.

You can do most of that shit on dialup or some cheap free 3g internet line.

So high speed internet is a not a basic necessity you stupid fuck.

Since America controls the entire internet, you won't be able to access Sup Forums, a website hosted by an American company, you won't be able to access Sup Forums if they lose NN.

I have a 30gb monthly datacap and I can do everything just fine.

Grow up and stop watching Pewdiepie.

>First off, let's see that citation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access#2016:_UN_Resolution
businessinsider.com/un-says-internet-access-is-a-human-right-2016-7

And believe it or not, both electricity and running water are rights, stop being so cucked by the Corporations burgerfag.

>Capitalism requires competition to actually work
Net neutrality keeps competition in place... In capitalism all companies try to be monopolies and without regulation then companies will succeed.

>Write a cheque and mail it to your utility provider.
You still have cheques? That stopped being used in 1981 here in Norway. I have sent mail to America and your postal service is unreliable as fuck. What do you do when your cheque is lost in the mail (which happens about 10% of the time you send anything in the mail unless you pay for all sorts of tracking and so on)

>Pick up the phone and talk to a real live person.
How on earth are you going to reach a person on the phone? And if you do it will be some indian.

>Go to the library.
Americans hate libraries and they are largely defunded by the government.

>If you had just voted for Hillary like a real human being we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.
Hillary hates net neutrality. She is directly owned by the ISPs. At least Trump is not owned by the ISPs even though he shares Hillary's views on Net Neutrality.

The internet has become a basic human need with how versatile it has gotten.

Anime wouldn’t be what it is today if japan didn’t have a hard shift from warrior to kawaii

>I have sent mail to America and your postal service is unreliable as fuck
Domestic shipments work just fine. International shipments to or from the US are an absolute pain the ass, which is why so many American eBay sellers don't do international shipping.

and everyone already has access to the internet be it through landline, satellite, or antennas

goodbye you shits

Congress is not appointed by the executive branch. Congress is elected separately from the President (who heads the executive branch). You're confusing them with the judiciary, which is unsurprising given that the judiciary regularly makes up its own laws these days.

Great, I'm all for that. You know what, we all know OPs image is never going to reflect the reality but even if it were, I'd be all for it. I want normies to get the fuck off the internet and back to service oriented TV-like models of no interaction and content consumption. I want the regular internet to be muh secret club again and I'm going to do all that's in my power to abolish net neutrality legislation.
inb4
>enjoy paying more for your connection/getting fucked by the ISPs
Yeah I'm not some nigger and run my own routing to a central european node and I'll gladly continue to pay for my business connection if that means I get 1gb/s unmetered symmetrical to Frankfurts Level3 hub.

it always bother me this pic. before the signs the vans were hogging the entire freeway anyway, and probably didn't pay for it

I kek'd

America first guys

WE NUKED U ONCE WELL NUKE YOU AGAIN GOOK ASLKHFSDHFSLJHF

>implying hiroshimoot won't just move servers if shit goes down
Your overlord is no longer american, don't forget that

> Couldn't stop DRM being baked into open web
> Surprised why net neutrality has failed

1. Checks get lost in mail. It happens, you assume the USPS is worthwhile.

2.If you go to walmart and expect customer service your fucking retarded.

3.A real person in a third world country, who asks for you social security number to verify your identity. Get rekt.

4. Enjoy paying for not only the product, but buying from a middle man instead of the source in most cases.

5.Library = Govt Funded and sourced "public" information centers that you need a membership for. How do you get a membership? Produce your govt sourced ID to verify your identity.

5. See a travel agent, sure I like to pay 20% more of what I can do myself online, thats what you call "Convenience" right?

Your secret club internet will never come back. It's a dumb idea to think you can have your own private circlejerk on a worldwide network. Make your own private network and invite your own people if you want that

Holy projection batman, that’s bright

I already do, thank you

>UN
>EU
Im on your side buddy, but you just fucked up your own argument

So the EU has NN yet they consistently block torrent/hate websites.

How is that even possible?

Oy goy.
Google? That will be $10 extra.
We recommend you use our verizon search engine.

I can't wait to get rid of communist neutrality. I don't see how it's fair that I have to pay when you decide you horde bandwidth

"Net neutrality" really means "equal treatment to all websites except those that disagree with left-wing mindsets."

In some countries of the EU the ISPs are obligated to give internet access for free because it's a human right, the speed they give you is slow tho, like 5Mbps.

Hate websites are not real websites you racist, transphobic, sexist, antisemantic gentile

>internet access a human right
>A. HUMAN. RIGHT.
And people wonder why the EU has been an absolute failure when it comes to information technology

No, Google will be paying that extra money. You'll pay $10 if you want to use your home connection for serving your own website or seeding in p2p

Is a human right just like electricity and running water.

I get that female chad is stacey, but does female virgin have a name?

>I don't see how it's fair that I have to pay when you decide you horde bandwidth
People donæt pay for that. The infrastructure can handle way more than if everyone streamed on netflix all the time. It's just an excuse to have datacaps and not a real problem.

I get 20Mbps down and 3Mbps up on the default internet. I don't see the point in paying for some service, I don't game and I torrent all my movies.

They also block cp websites. Blocking websites don't have anything to do with net neutrality. That is like saying

"So everyone is equal according to EU law, yet they consistently jail murderers and thieves"

Everyone pays the same, you pay for internet and aren't using it. If you want to apply rate limits to traffic I doubt you'd have many that would disagree with you, except the cable companies oddly enough. Flat rates keep their revenue stable low traffic users subsidize the high traffic users. High traffic users get a good deal but a lot of people out there aren't those users so they get screwed while the cable companies make a lot of money.

oh wow its fucking reddit.

>TWC says I'm getting 50down/5up
>don't even get 20 down 1 up
>can't do anything about it because they're the only provider

>No, Google will be paying that extra money.
Nonsense, that is not how it works in countries without net neutrality protections. The PEOPLE pay... companies also pay if they want to be the only offer allowed. If they want to be exclusive

>the internet is luxury, not a necessity
Exactly. That's why I already pay my ISP every month.
However, if greedy corporations restrict access to what I'm PAYING to use, then expect people to complain.

wut? she fucks chad too dumbass. she's just "besties" with virgin.

But if they change it so you're only paying to use the basics, you won't have any defense behind your complaint. Have you even read your ISP's terms of service? Chances are it says something to the effect of "We can raise your prices and reduce your speeds if we feel like it, because our soon-to-be-complete mergers with AT&T, Comcast, and Time Warner have created a large company that needs to sustain its employees."