Why do people care about bezels?

Why do people care about bezels?

idk desu i cant even joke about it

Because marketers tell them they should

Pretty much this

the only legitimate reason for smaller bezels is allowing for larger screens in smaller dimensinos that are easier to hold. There comes a point where you're actually ruining usability by diminishing bezels and desu we're pretty close to it now.

I bet Samsung and Apple are rubbing their greedy little hands together at the idea of every minor scrape equalling €400 worth of screen damage out of a consumer's pocket all because of a stupid gimmick

You don't want a 5.5" screen in a 5" body?

because phones are too big.

memes

It starts with "f" and ends with "s".
Tip: there's a big "aggot" in the middle.

They help me hold the phone

A bunch of journalists memed them into believing they shouldn't exist

what's the model in the middle?

Nobody has done no bezels right. Either it's curved or rounded or lies (iX)

Because I like the way it looks.

Without Bezels, where does the speaker do?

I don't care about bezels
I miss decent 4,5inch devices

what are bezels?

umm no sweetie, because bezels are ugly and outdated.

>Why do people care about bezels?
It's not about bezels per se and more about the tradeoffs being made in pursuit of designer circlejerk antics.
What did we gain for losing the replaceable batteries?
What did we gain for losing physical keyboards?
What did we gain for tossing out the headphone jack?
Unlike the PC market where if you don't like the offerings, you can roll your own high end device, with phones, it's take it or leave it.

Honestly, I'd rather have bezels half the size of the bottom one there, but on the top and bottom, with speakers in both. But nooooo, we can't get that, especially on a 5.5" or less phone.

bezels give something to grab on too, and provide protection from drops
i like chunky bezels,

...which is exactly what the marketer said, isn't it?

ah the OnePlus x looked nice, shame they don't make a 2nd one.

>What did we gain for losing the replaceable batteries?
Water resistance
>What did we gain for losing physical keyboards?
Bigger screens
>What did we gain for tossing out the headphone jack?
Water resistance
So pretty simple fix, stop droping your phones in the ocean and them complaing because you were retarded and your get 2 things back

>Water resistant over replaceable batteries and headphone jack
Imagine being this retarded

So the end goal is to be able to go deep sea diving with these phones?

You get bigger screen on smaller phone. That's simple.

actually the end game is your average retarded normie big tittied friend not killing the phone while doing snapchat masturbating in a public bathroom.
That's the demographic everyone is interested.
We are running low on public masturbation videos.

galaxy S5 had both a headphone jack and replaceable battery
and even now sony has IP68 and a headphone jack.

Yeah I use this exact phone as my main and idk what I would do without these...

I know people will shit on this response but that's kind of what I wanted desu.
I could give a shit about better displays and all that nonsense, I just want a phone that's tough as nails to most every environment and has tons of battery life. I think it would be pretty interesting to have a phone with zero openings for water or debris to get in. No headphone jack, wireless charging only, wirelessly connected headphones/mic for actually making calls. Sort of more like a workhorse pocket sized computer with optional phone capability now that I think about it.

Ruggedized smart phones are different market from the high tech glitter phones being marketed to normies. If you want something you can take on a construction sight, you are probably better off looking at something like the Cat S60, HomTom series T, Sonim XP7 or one of the other tough phone vendors.

How else can I listen to music while swimming in a pool?

LG V10 was the toughest most tank like phone I've ever owned. Survived almost three years of auto manufacturing in a weld shop... several storms...many drops on to concrete...and two rambunctious toddlers.

Look up some YouTube videos. It can survive full water immersion (gotta dry it out with rice before use but it doesn't break) open flames directly to the screen. The only fall test I've seen it fail some asshole tossed the thing twenty feet up and let it hit concrete. Steel frame instead of cheap ass apple aluminum.

And guess what? IT STILL HAD A FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK, SD CARD READER AND REMOVABLE BATTERY.

The only reason features are being removed is because it makes the phone cheaper to make.

>Sonim XP7

Piece of shit. We have them at work as patrol devices, and, although we kick them down the stairs on occasion, they regularly reset out of nowhere and fuck up.

bump

xD faggots!