With 4k 144hz monitors coming out sometime next year is it worth upgrading from a 1080p 27" 60hz monitor to a 1440p 27"...

with 4k 144hz monitors coming out sometime next year is it worth upgrading from a 1080p 27" 60hz monitor to a 1440p 27" 144hz monitor?

i know itll probably be a while until we have graphics cards that can run AAA games anywhere near 144hz, but future proofing would be nice.

recently saw this Pixio New PX277 and its pretty cheap compared to anything else with similar specs. seams like a steal for $399

amazon.com/dp/B0761P6MC7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BEWJ65RH1YNC&colid=3KJVFUA4FB0SM

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1K65UN3159
amazon.com/dp/B0761P6MC7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BEWJ65RH1YNC&colid=3KJVFUA4FB0SM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1080p 27" 60hz
What? The DPI would be horrendous.

well thats what ive currently got. anything under 27" just looked too small for me. 27" is perfect as far as screen size goes.

Del has a 1440p 144hz screen that goes on sale for $380 every few months.
I like mine.

you made this exact same thread yesterday

actually yesterday i asked what kind of monitor Sup Forums has. maybe i should have made another iphone x thread

A couple of Dell monitors. U2715H (1440p IPS) and as a secondary a P2214H (1080p IPS). I need to re organize my desk, I keep in storage a couple of freedom arms and another 27 Dell monitor.

Can't complain, use them most for work and shitpost and the main one pushed by a 1080 works just fine with every game I throw at it.

No. 1440p is a dead resolution.

this fucking thread again...do you faggots literally copy and paste this shit every day? how do you have the motivation to do this? just buy your stupid fucking monitor and go with your instincts.

>buying a non hdr Dolby vision monitor
>in a resolution lower than 4k
>with no g or free sync
>and at 60hz

Do you people seriously mess up that bad?

>4k
>pixels too small to see
>need much more powerful GPU to pump the pixels
>literally pointless
enjoy pajeet

But 1080p is still extremely common, how can the 4k of 720p be dead?

i use a 32" 1080p 60hz sanyo tv like a monitor

Just wait for the S2716DG to go down in price or just buy it.
Literally the only good 144hz 1440p monitor that isn't riced out.

I hate that goddamned stand.

I'm considering ordering it but i haven't seen any reviews, just one guys video on youtube. Any google reviews seem to be for the old version (why on earth they released this monitor with EXACT same model name, only with "new" in front is beyond me).

This, I hate my 27 inch 1440p screen's dpi
1080p would be pitiful

Is it pic related?
>tfw it was like 700 bux when I bought it as I'm too impatient to do any sort of research and best buy had it in stock

>check specs
>TN

Fuck outta here

I know but your only other options right now are GAYM3R grade shit. At least you get 1ms response with TN

>with 4k 144hz monitors coming out sometime next year
You don't want one of the early ones. Wait at least a year after they have been out.
Better prices and better hardware.

Monitor in OP looks slick without any gam3r shit and is IPS va.

It's hard enough to drive 4k at 60hz, 144hz is 4-5 years away before you can drive it with a regular 1080 price card.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1K65UN3159
This would be a better option. Not like you would notice the 3ms difference.

this, you'd need more than twice the gpu power of a 1080ti, it'd take even longer than that

Future proofing monitor is the most pointless thing you can do. In order to power a 4k 144hz monitor you need twice the computing power as a titan xp, even more considering games will get more graphically intensive by then.
You need to wait at least 5 years or so to get a suitable gpu for the 4k 144hz monitor, assuming a breakthrough won't happen. Even then the panels will be higher quality and it'll be cheaper.
Literally just buy a 1440p 144hz now and call it a day. Resolution doesn't really matter when frames are moving that fast, on top of that no DPI scaling issues.

>his gtx 1080 only has 4GiB of ram

Honestly res 1440+ matters for shit like VR where the screens are right in front of your eyeballs.

Yea what the fuck is up with that? Are the dell 1080s seriously gimped to 4gb?

>wasting money on anything above 1080p

fucking degenerate cucks

WHY AREN'T THERE ANY CHEAP UNDER 400 1440P IPS MONITERS WITH 120+HZ

ONLY OVERCLOCKER BULLSHIT

IT'S BEEN 6 OR SO YEARS GOD DAMN TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE FOR FUCKING EVER

Speccy sucks is all

High refresh rate IPS is relatively new though, I think the first was probably 2-3 years ago. The main reason for the cost is they have to keep the response time low enough, since at 144Hz any ghosting will be more noticable. That's why they all have Overdrive to help compensate for ghosting at high framerates.

Play extra for the Nixeus version with the same specs, better stand and a warranty

>amazon.com/dp/B0761P6MC7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BEWJ65RH1YNC&colid=3KJVFUA4FB0SM
Same terrible panel but from a no name company for a relative high price. Honestly might as well buy the Nixeus one that claims their large bezels reduces backlight bleeding as much as possible.

Ghosting is almost completely unrelated to response time. Also, strobing can eliminate it completely at any refresh rate

Personally I'm waiting for HDR to settle. If stuff midyear can approach powering 4k 144hz then cool, otherwise I'll probably go for 1440p.

You're confusing ghosting and motion blur dude. Ghosting is caused by slow pixel transitions, which is why IPS has worse ghosting than TN. Backlight strobing eliminates motion blur caused by sample and hold, it doesn't do anything to fix ghosting. The only way to prevent ghosting is by decreasing response time, usually by overvolting the pixels. (Overdrive)

It's not the dude just has a personal problem. 1440p is your only option if you want a high refresh rate IPS panel now

>700
>Not even gsync
wtf

>64GB RAM
>dual channel
ugh

pro tip: variable refresh isn't that useful at 144Hz, certainly not worth a $200 premium

It's worth it for games that don't hit that high fps.

Variable refresh allows for updating the display as soon as a frame is ready. At 60 Hz, the time between frames is 16.7ms and the average time savings from VR is 8.33ms.

With a 144 Hz display, the time between frames is 6.94ms with an average time savings from VR of 3.47ms.

OP literally just posted one. sometimes goes on sale for $350. or so ive heard

but when is that shit going to release. I've already been waiting years to upgrade to something worthy.

>TN

I want a 1080p IPS 144hz monitor but they don't exist.

what? there are a shit ton of monitors like that

I just want a 144hz IPS, is that so much to ask?

Nope. There are some VA panels and some 100hz IPS but no 144hz IPS.

It's fine for the most part. It's not absolutely fantastic (text could be sharper, but it's still really readable and not all that blurry), but it's honestly fine if you've got Cleartype set up right.