How the fuck do i code in c++?

how the fuck do i code in c++?

why are programming languages so fucking stupid holy shiet..

t. disgruntled 3rd year student taking first year programming

It takes you sometime before you learn how to think in code
It literally is like learning a new language

REEEEEE

ive been reading this shitty textbook for like 2 hours and I don't get it!!! I can't do my assignment. I don't get it... usually when I read math textbooks, I understand the concepts almost immediately. When I look at stuff on stack overflow its a ton of shit i dont get.. reeee

how does anyone actually learn this shit subject!?!

Lol don't start with C++

>don't start with C++
This is a meme. Start with C++ if you care about creating low latency high performance code. Otherwise maybe programming isn't for you. Go down the hall to the art history class

>how does anyone actually learn this shit subject!?!
by working in it for years before actually going to college

I can't believe people go to computer science without actually knowing anything about programming

it's like joining the olympics without ever lifting a weight

maybe you should consider growing up first if you are using "REEEE" unironically

Start with C and then learn C++. You will actually understand what C++ is automating for you. It's like learning to ride a motorcycle without ever touching a bicycle.

>by working in it for years before actually going to college
not necessarily, I knew almost fuck all about programming going into it and i picked it up so fucking easily

I think knowing how to think about it is more important. Some people are just better at it initially than others

C++ was the only language I was able to actually learn because every other language makes it so you have no fucking clue how and why things work.

I recommend c++ first if you want to actually understand, not just write a bunch of bullshit.

Seriously any one of you guys who really want to learn programming Google "Learncpp" and if after completing it you are lost, give up.

Before c++ I tried my hand at Java(script), c#. None of them teach you what you actually need to know.

For instance you will always be a shitty web dev if you don't understand how the internet actually works. Same for programming.

GL lads

>Start with C++ if you want to burden your mental image of what's happening in your computer with many edge cases and other details instead of actually focusing on learning about how to process data using algorithms

I like the examples on learncpp.com

Have you ever used a flowchart? Because that's what programming basically is. Writing flowcharts.

If you ever did programming before than you're retarded? C++, c#, and java syntax is close enough. It's not like switching to pythons horrible syntax. I mean in c++ you don't even have to buffer or scanner in

>tfw I never got into programming till I got to college
>tfw I ace every class

>Learning C++ before C

???

This.
Learning C/C++ is a great idea, but not as your starting languages.

It's like teaching toddlers niche grammar before they can say "mama".

t. Procedural monkey

what are you having trouble with?

I recently started programming in C++ for the first time over Java which was my first lang. I still have no idea how to create full blow applications in c++, also library wise it seems to be inferior, like if you want to do something you have to do more of it your self or import some 3rd party library into your program rather than just doing an include.

Come on, the difference with python isn't too big, everything is still read roughly the same. It's not until you get to functional languages you can talk about real differences.

You could've made a bait thread containing your homework or posted it in /dpt/ and by now, you'd have long finished your shitty assignment?
What is it, anyway? Palindromes? Bubble sort?

they sat us down and made us code in C in the second semester... what the fuck kind of school do you go to