Is this the future of consumer technology?

Is this the future of consumer technology?

>windows 2000
>IS-95/1X-based StarTAC
literally the line in the sand that separates the past from the present and future of consumer tech

no but if you included a better screen and a large trackpad it could be

>trackpad
yuck

normies eat that shit up user, it's not all about what Sup Forums wants because Sup Forums has literally no influence on consumer technology trends

this picture gave me a boner

what's the point of connecting the phone to the computer? just for charging?

Dial-up internet access.

its the past, but goddamnit do I want one so bad

what the fuck

the old world was so weird desu

It was clearly supposed to be

>when said posters age does not meet the requirments to post on an anime-based imageboard

No, not enough dongles.

>tubes

kind of, but in the other way around

Someone gets it

I wanted this to be the future.
I wanted this to be how things worked.

However we don't get the things we want.

there are people born in 2000 who have already enlisted in the military, user

this is basically my everyday carry, a botnet-free flip phone and a gaming laptop that is 10x more powerful and is compatible with 100x more software than any smartphone. anyone who uses a smartphone instead of this is a subhuman.

>unity
cum on user stop being an idiot

what do you listen to in your car? there essentially isn't worthwhile radio since iheartradio took over (almost) everything

IBM used to be so ahead of its time

They were smart to pull out of consumer x86 when they did, it was becoming a gigantic race to the bottom when they sold to lenovo.

There's only so much data, location, etc they can get from your phone being on. So they make a device to start tracking your heartbeat and hopefully location more carefully/audio around you if in another room. This device (smartwatch) doesn't actually serve a good function, and has to be constantly charged, and is incredibly overpriced, yet you eat it up and buy a $300 piece of junk that you likely have no sourcecode for.

Why?