Im looking to purchase a smart watch, which ones are good?

im looking to purchase a smart watch, which ones are good?

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that has to be the smartest person on earth

yeah im tryin g to get that smart
thats why i need a smartwatch

he definitely watches rick and morty

Pebble

how much support do the pebble watches get?

They're all shit

OG pebble for like 18 bucks

Real answer: AndroidWear 2.0 is hot garbage and google has no idea what they're doing. Which is fucking insane because AndroidWear 1.0 was still easily the best smartwatch OS.

If you have an android phone get a samsung watch with Tizen, if you have an apple phone, get an apple watch.

Avoid androidwear until google wakes the fuck up.

DISCONTINUED SADLY

All smartwatches are shit.
But I'd recommend the Apple Watch if you have an iPhone. Otherwise don't get any.

not OP:
From time to time i write apps/scripts/programs to make my life easier.
While i already benefit from a raspbery pi (server) to host those scripts, and from a smartphone where i use my apps, i think i would also benefit from a smart watch.
What smartwatch should i choose ?
AndroidWear 1.0 ?
AndroidWear 2.0 ?
Tizen ?
Something completely different ?

This.

Pic related

Tic watch s or e.

none.

Do not get a smartwatch with stock Android. If you absolutely need one, get one from Samsung, or just get a hybrid smartwatch. There's a really good one called the Renaissance by Filippo Loreti and it's on an early bird special for $150 on Kickstarter. They're based in Milan and include a metal watch strap

To this day, without any updates for over a year, the Pebble Time. It has more choices than every other watch combined, more stability than any Lagdroid watch, and even for iPhones the battery lasts insanely longer and the screen is always on, so Apple Watch btfo. Also still has third party support. It even looks better than any other option, if you opt for the Steel. Do it, my man.

i have reseached this exaustively sold my apple watch and use a samsung gearfit 2

- ip68 waterproof ( i shower with it )
- charge last for days
- fast charge
- sleek and slim
- gorgeous oled
- meme watchfaces to dl
- watch face design software suite is photoshop tier
- heartrate monitor accurate
- sleep tracking is the most usefull thing added to my life
- gps based cycle computer / speedo is great for cycling (it auto detects cycling ! )
- 4gb standalone BT music player i use with BT zs5
-app plays nice with droid and ios ( i use iphone)
- cheap !

people dont know what they are or can do and dont want them, you can find them second hand for a fraction of the already cheap price

[pic is me in predator meme mode]

For me it's the moto 360
This is the screen in ambient mode, somehow the thing can last almost 2 days with the screen on nonstop. I charge nightly though

more memery

same guy here is the watch design software free d/l

developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer

How about this?

Mobile botnet
Pebble was the only good smartwatch
Then fitbutt bought them and did absolutely fucking nothing

Just buy a mi band and a nice watch instead

Wow that looks oversized
Also shit battery
>inb4 30 da-
30 days of being fucking nothing
I'd rather own a regular watch that lasts for years

That's not a smartwatch.

Casio a158

Get a pebble 2. I know they're discontinued but they're cheap as fuck now yet super high quality. Also it's the only option with good battery life and doesn't uses jewgle Android wear. I switched from Asus zenwatch 2 to pebble 2( the one from right before they closed) and I'll never go back.

Apple Watch series 3 stainless steel or edition, otherwise don’t bother.

That is the least ergonomic, absolute ugliest rectangle I’ve ever seen. Can someone explain why people like the Apple Watch?

Any smartwatches that can record video + sound?
It doesn't need any wireless features, but does need a way to get the files off of it, preferably with a micro sd.

>Hating on the most effay smartwatch.

How long does the battery usually last for you? What's the sleep tracking like?

This
Really satisfied with my Gear S2

This nigga right here. I love my gear s2 classic. Looks non retarded and I get over 2 days from the battery. Rotating bezel control is real nice. I only wish it had google assistant instead of s voice, but I'd feel silly talking to my wrist anyway.

Mine is also a launch unit, no problems at all.

>lmao

I love my G watch R. I still get about a day and a half out of it after having it for 3 and a half years now. The bezel keeps the screen from getting fucked 90% of the time and I've only managed to lose one pixel from backhanding a doorknob one night. Also you can slap whatever 22mm wristband you want on it, which is nice since the stock band wore out in less than a year, and I wasnt even abusing it.

I do still wear it daily and I love it. Ive been looking into the new ones and I think that new samsung sport is probly the best "upgrade" I could get, but honestly if you just use it for notifications and dont mind not making calls on your wrist like dick tracy (no speaker) the G Watch R is pretty tits. I dont think they make them anymore though but the Urbane is the same shit with a different case.

I use my Samsung gear fit 2 in hi power mode - cycling a lot (GPS) in sunlight ( Max brightness) always using the BT to change my 24 bit flac... Get about 3 days before its completely dead. Sure an user could stretch even more that but for me that stuff is essential.

oh thats not too bad then
I just bought one they seem pretty good and I need a new watch. It seems really useful to be able to control my music/notifications without getting my phone out every time.

Are there many good watch faces or would I have to make my own?

Funny. I get about a day or two with it without all the bells and whistles, functioning primarily as a notification device on my wrist.

You're talking it up pretty hard. You getting paid? I'm gonna look into it and see if what you're saying is true. Recently lost my Pebble steel and want to replace it but if this one is as good as you say it, it mea s I'll have to change my mind.

I dont think the battery life is anywhere near that good, seems like most people can only get 2 days normally.

unironically apple watch if you have an iphone. If you don't have an iphone don't get anything lol

Casio CA53W-1

And see that's one of the biggest sellers to me for the Pebble. No support? Don't care. Not a high quality screen? Don't care. No heart beat sensor? Eh, I lived without one for most my life, I can continue to do so.

My Pebble steel had about 5 days of battery life, and I mainly used it to keep track of time, notifications, and my sleep. (Sleep tracking and having vibration alarms is an amazing thing since I can easily sleep through my sound alarm but definitely not my vibration alarms)

Is sleep tracking really that great? It seems pretty useless to me, does it just track your REM cycles and stuff?

If you've gotta charge every second day then I imagine you wouldnt be able to use the sleep tracking anyway then

For me it really is. It kept track through sleep as android. "you're moving this much so you must be in this layer (light, rem, or deep) of sleep. Then again the rem/deep I'm not really sure is accurate. However, light sleep really IS the best time to hear/feel your alarm because it is true that when you wake suddenly from deep sleep, is when you feel that groggy hungover feeling. Sleep as android does track light sleep accurately.

This is what I loved about having my Pebble. Cause now it can accurately track when I move (it is true you move more in light sleep) and wake me like that so I can wake up feeling rested more often.

Not sure how other apps do when it comes to this stuff but sleep as android was a God send for me.

theyre all memes

is it really that bad?? i had the first moto 360 and thought it was great aside from not being able to type out texts

>Implying watching makes you intellectual
You have to be highly intellectual to understand it, not watch it. Dumbass

>Track daily activity
But is there a mic so I can pretend to be a spy?

>tfw you can't use your Sony Smartwatch 2 because you need an extra link in the metal band but Sony don't sell the links, even if you ask them to.

just buy a new band?

It's sort of awkward. The strap width is quite wide. Not to regular watch strap standards anyway. It doesn't matter much because I can't remember where I left the damn thing anyway.

you mean uber intellectual ;)

I really like android and feel like a google shill and don't care about the data they gather, but holy shit everything they're doing feels like it's a step backwards.

>remove headphone jack from pixel
>change all dark themes in android to brightest fucking white background possible in Oreo (notification drawer, app drawer, all notifications, quick toggles, settings) for almost all phones with AMOLED displays that display whites the worst and the truest blacks.
>Active display is getting less functional as the days go by
>Android wear 2.0 makes notifications harder to get to
>youtube app keeps getting worse and worse with magically new ways you didn't even think were possible
>THE FUCKING IOS LIKE BOTTOM BAR KILLING HAMBURGER MENUS OR TOP SLIDEABLE TABS
>home screen widgets ignored
>permissions become more apple-like each update
>nexus phone shape gone in favour of identical design to iphone
>everything super super expensive for specs you can find on phones half the price
>expensive bluetooth headphones
>OS looks worse and worse each update
>no CRT off screen animation

There's more, but I can't remember it all.

ICS was the glory days of functional apps and interface design. Sure Material design tried to make everything coherent and consistent, but at what cost?

Has anyone got a Ticwatch E? It actually looks nice, but the thickness of 13mm makes me scared. That's very thick.
Apart from that, the black one looks fancy enough to be a normal watch and kinda nice and the price is right.

please respond.

What do these lines even mean?

Will you be my waifu
I'm smart enough not to even try dating 3d girls

I hear the gearS2 has some interesting opensource development going on.

i see you are a gentlemen of refinded tastes quite like myself ;)

we should get together one day, discuss atheism and tip our fedoras together

None, get an omega and look like you're not a twat

Wow I forgot how cool my old Motorola's CRT-shutoff animation was. ICS and Jellybean Cyanogenmod bring a nostalgic tear to my eye

>im looking to purchase a smart watch

tiny faggot manlet hands

>effay

You know that you can spell "ugly" with one letter less?