Why aren't you using FVWM95 user?

Why aren't you using FVWM95 user?

Other urls found in this thread:

xwinman.org/fvwm95.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's not 1995

Because other descendants of the FVWM family like FVWM2 or Xfwm allow for more ricing instead of merely emulating the Windows 95 look.

FVWM Crystal is actually good looking. Unlike this 95 thing.

...Where did ypu find Netscape, TextEditClassic and all the rest of those? Are they just icons?

As fpr why I don't use it, writing a .config myself and looking up WM specfic vars is a waste of time.

If you want muh retro looks you can always compile CDE.

>xwinman.org/fvwm95.php
>From vladimir at iceonline.com, added in January 1997
Guessing from the date widget on the screenshot, Vladimir took it on December 28, 1996. He *is* actually running Netscape Navigator 3.0x there.
Pretty much all the programs you see there (and the Motif toolkit) have fallen into disuse.

Prove it

It's hard to setup. It's not a desktop environment, just a windowmanager. Seting up all that other fancy stuff is pretty tough

The best shortcut is beginning with a desktop environment (which drags in a usable set of programs) and then swapping in the WM you want. For example, I installed this using a default Xfce installation of Debian.
>inb4 botnet Motif desktop

that's a pretty sweet desktop OP.

why aren't you using fvwm2?

>why aren't you using fvwm2?

I used to use fvwm2 on top of CDE on Solaris 7 when I was a Unix sysadmin.

Go to fvwm.org, then click on the Screenshots link near the top of the page. There are some newer screenshots, but most (21 - 70) are all dated 2003. I believe the site was moved in 2003 and all screenshots from then or earlier are all dated 2003. See what fvwm looked like in 2003 or earlier.

I used to use the fvwm98 theme (based on the looks of Windows 98) from around 2001 to 2005.

Reminds me of dyne:bolic

why aren't you using it

Goddamn that looks comfy. Not digging the thick ass borders and the right click menu icons but damn those dock icons look nice! I have a fetish for that style, especially when it's dithered.

Also shit utf-8 support
/thread

exause it looks terrible

Because I'm running Chicago95 on xfce

I might not have good taste but at least I don't have shit taste

that screenshot is so old the url in the browser doesn't work. You are full of shit op.