wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Aurora
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
chromium.org/Home/chromium-privacy
cs.chromium.org/search/?q=google&sq=package:chromium&type=cs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is EME free?

Let's see if it has the revamped UI with CSD that photon promised

without DRM plugins IIRC

I think that was supposed to land in 59.

it does have new UI, obviously takes time getting used too, especially dark theme

apt-get install chromium-browser

Best edition of Firefox

Absolutely disappointed.

Based, to the fags using Beta, just overwrite the installation with the .exe from the link. I just did, it'll get you back to the stable channel in seconds.

>not using dev

are you a web or addon developer? if no, you're using a bloated beta.

I like the dark mode looks and the advanced settings.

We Edge now.

edge is still kind of buggy though, it's finally not shit so that's a plus

>Not using Nightly.

Botnet

not worth the hassle

dark theme is in 57.0

Thus it begins.

There's literally been one bug of any note in the last year or so, and that's a bug with a theme that caused the main window to not load. It's definitely worth it.

nah updating every day is the not worth it part

Don't need to install them. Just ignore them until you want to update. No bullshit like Microsoft do where they force a restart.

Brainlet here
What is this Firefox Quantum?
Is it going to update my Firefox 56 to that or what?
Or do I need to download and install it separately?

It's the new "we rewrote stuff to make it faster" build. It will auto-install.

Be aware it might wipe out some of your addons. When it updates it will tell you what won't work. You can force an update check by going: Menu -> Help -> About Firefox.

It's just a name for Firefox 57

Like how OpenSUSE went from OpenSUSE 13.2 to OpenSUSE Leap 42

Piece of trash memory hog got a final build of the latest pile of memory leaks, eh?

Try this interesting experiment yourself on GNU/Linux, go to about:config and set layers.acceleration.force-enabled and gfx.canvas.azure.accelerated to true on v57 on GNU/Linux. Go to about:support and see that AzureCanvasAccelerated is now true. Bravo, you're now using the fancy new GPU acceleration. Now start radeontop in a terminal and open 2-3 Firefox windows with something that updates and redraws with JavaScript - and see the GPU memory usage jump to 3 GB. Open a few more and it quickly grows to 5-6 GB and after a few more it just crashes because you're out of GPU memory - assuming you're using a card with 8 GB. If you're using a card with 2 GB then you won't be able to have more than one or perhaps two tabs open in one window.

We're not talking some bleeding edge games here, just a few Firefox browser windows ...

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!
in the early photon pics the back button was nice and shaded but last i checked it was flat - is the back button flat or not?

/!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION coming tru

>aurora
>nightly
what's the difference here?

Aurora gets updates pushed every couple of days when they're confident the build is stable.

Nightly is constantly built via script twice a day and pushed. Basically nightly is more bleeding edge, gets features a little earlier and that's about it.

Nightly went v59. What's new? Is webrender finally not a piece of shit? Are DOM components of servo implemented yet?

wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Aurora

>gets
got

So Greasemonkey and Violetmonkey both don't work, I had to switch to Tampermonkey.

Tree style tabs implementation is horribly. All tabs still appear at the top, but tree style tabs gives tree options.

Browser does seem more responsive but I'm wondering if the tradeoffs made for that are worth it.

>So Greasemonkey and Violetmonkey both don't work, I had to switch to Tampermonkey.
for what? violentmonkey has fixed 4chanX issues

I just installed violetmonkey today ten minutes before making that post, I installed ccd0 Sup Forums X, nothing loaded.

Greasemonkey poped up three error messages on all boards and the boards wouldn't load with Sup Forums X.

Tampermonkey worked fine.

There is a way to hide the tabs on top by editing the browser's CSS as a temporary workaround until it is implemented as an extension API. As for Violentmonkey I don't know what to tell you, works on my machine.

i had to whitelist Sup Forums.org in ublock origin to get it to work. You have a different adblocker?

I'm using uBlock origin, but I find it weird that I would have to whitelist Sup Forums in order for it to work in one userscript engine but not the other.

I have Violetmonkey Version 2.8.18 which was only released yesterday. Maybe the prior version is working?

Greasemonkey dev channel is working with 4chanX for me. Haven't had an issue the last week or two. Themes are even sticking properly (hooray!)

I thought it had been deprecated, but given he was asking figured I was wrong.

>I'm using uBlock origin, but I find it weird that I would have to whitelist Sup Forums in order for it to work in one userscript engine but not the other.
yeah, it works fine now for me though. Not sure what else might conflict

Nigga do you know how nightly works?

HELP NOT COMPATIBLE
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

Please point us to the part of the code that makes it a "botnet".

Yeah, I've been using classic theme restorer ever since they changed the layout years ago. Not having it feels really fucking weird. Like I'm using a completely different browser. Sucks because the dev said he won't/can't be updating it for 57.

Greasemonkey, Sup Forums x and Oneechan all work with FF57 as they are.

The part where it sends data to google and google is allowed to do anything with it:
chromium.org/Home/chromium-privacy

>SJWfox

No thanks.

>v57
>Download
Ahahaha, nothankyou

they got millions in donations though :^)

Thanks for the info, op! I will install this master race now!

This only applies when using Google services. It doesn't even matter which browser you use at that point.

*ends

Using 57 right now. It's been awhile since I've been a Firefox user. So far it's not bad

Then explain these ten pages, every single entry, Firefox mentions Google like 4 times outside of the safebrowsing part, makes me almost wonder if something's up

cs.chromium.org/search/?q=google&sq=package:chromium&type=cs

Thanks for making 2/3rds of the add-ons useless. Who else is leaving Fireslug?

These features are used by Google Chrome, not Chromium. They are not even being compiled in.

Why are you lying now? Only like 10% of that applies to chrome only, the rest is chromium.

Greasemonkey is meh. Violetmonkey is the best webext script engine currently and it's foss

I left for Vivaldi months ago. Never looked back.

The problem is the "currently" part. The developer of GreaseMonkey has shown himself to be committed and a really solid dev. I trust him to do a better job than the community at large.

Wasn't there a point where GM was stalled for years and not updated until others came along?

Nice FUD friend, hope you have a good life!

>implying
Oh so you aren't lying, but they are lying about their own source code? They want people to think its a botnet, but in reality it isnt right!

>botnet

Nice meme, but you know exactly what we are talking about, you certified google shill.

Is greasymonkey safe or is it botnet now?

/thread

>I enabled some experimental settings and the sofware behaves in an unstable manner

I bet you also buy early access then bitch how it's crashing all the time

They're the same EME-free just ships with the checkbox unchecked. With the checkbox checked as soon as you go to a site that needs a DRM plugin it will prompt you to download it like how it does with flash

Nice meme, but you know exactly what we are talking about, you certified google shill.

Permissions:
>Access to all your data
>Alter Clipboard
>Show notifications
>Access to your browser tabs
>Allow storing unlimited data
>Check browseractivity during tab change

I don't know, Violentmonkey only doesn't want the last one as comparison, so it seems like Greasemonkey actually needs all this stuff to work.

Thanks for the explanation. Win64 it is then (I use Netflix).

Don't copy me, retard.

I've heard it had telemetry now. Can you check your settings for something similar?

What makes this version better to the point that there's lots of threads about it?

I haven't upgraded in maybe 4 years.

More diversity.

I just installed both, Violentmonkey has nothing that resembles telemetry, meanwhile greasemonkey has no settings page at all, how weird.

Slightly faster startup time and it uses slightly less RAM. Still runs worse than Chrome though.

Nothing. Browsers no longer improve, they bloat instead.

Of course light version of FF that's designed for speed would be welcome. They could name it Phoenix...

So apparently Greasemonkey and Flashgot are both rekt. Had to switch to Tampermonkey but still need an addon to rip streaming vids. All I see on the addon page is curry flavored shit.

youtube-dl

>>>palemoon

huge architectural changes, they're rolling out servo, a successor to gecko in several incremental updates.

that's why all the extensions are broken and luddites screaming

These threads are literally created by shills and I'm not memeing

I really like the new menu. The old one was ugly and came with a lot of bullshit I never used and had to remove every single time I changed profiles.

Didn't upon my upgrade from 56 -> 57 with Greasemonkey installed. Extension was enabled, shit was broken.

>I haven't upgraded in maybe 4 years.

Aren't there huge security leaks with any browser that isn't up to date? Many sites like paypal etc won't even allow you to log in if you use an outdated browser.

Upgraded and everything works as expected. Deleted all of the system addons like pocket so it will stay nice and neat at least until the next major release.

Works for me.

You're just retarded as fuck.

You're probably on a prior version of Violetmonkey rather than the current v2.8.18 released last night.

aak is built in into ublock...

who gives a shit

user help

you need the userscrpt as well...
read the github page for instructions

delet system34

The auto-update rollout won't start until the 14th.

well its already the 14th here in straya

The only problem is that I can't post using the pass

It'll probably start on the morning of the 14th Yankee Pacific time, so 24hrs from now.

Why did they change the Firefox logo into a rainbow?