Apple Face_ID cracked

Wasn't this supposed to be used in payments?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4YQRLQVixM

Other urls found in this thread:

cvl-demos.cs.nott.ac.uk/vrn/
youtube.com/watch?v=2PG-8CHv9-E
engadget.com/2017/09/15/apple-iphone-x-faceid-disable-emergency/
my.mixtape.moe/afyehk.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only if you're dumb enough to actually use the face id feature.

I don't anyone is stupid enough to actually use this over a PIN, right?

>I don't anyone is stupid enough to actually use this over a PIN, right?
Are they not buying Apple?

isn't the face id using infra-red light radiation to detect a living being? how is that model releasing infra-red light?

Funny how in 20 mins 0 (zero) isheeps have tried to defend this because they literally can't.

That would be as easy is warming it to the same temperature as the surface of your skin.

So fucking stupid.

Everybody believed in this. Fucking LEL.

can you actually keep the temperature at the same level? I don't know how the system works in specific but I don't think a fluctuating temperature is going to work

>needs 3d scan of your face and custom molded nose to work
much easier than lifting my fingerprint

It won't cool down that fast if is has some thermal mass. The face recognition is pretty fast so it has to be at body temp for maybe a few 10ths of a sec.

You could point an infrared bulb at it to keep it heated, but I don't think this is necessary.

don't you need IR radiations for that as well? I mean, it's not actually something the average jamal can do

No infrared from the iphone is just projecting invisible dots on your face to map it out and get the shape. Nothing to do with temperature.

what's the IR sensor near the camera for then?

To capture said dots?

Seeing the Ir dots the camera projects to make the map.

somehow I thought face id was developed smarter than this. still requires some skill and preparation to hack into a phone but it's not that secure, just a fancy toy

Well, how much more advanced do you expect a face recognition system to be?

told ya faggots it wouldn't have taken long. good luck rotating your facial structure, dipshits.

Isn't face id an optional feature? Can't you just setup a PIN and call it a day on an iPhone?

Will idiots stop posting pictures of their faces online like in the good old days?

You sacrificed headphone jack for this.

>iPhone 11
>Face ID 2.0
>Please blink your left eye twice
>Please stick out your tongue three times
>Close both eyes for two seconds
>Now, please make your "master" face for final verification
>phone unlocks
>Apple heralded as geniuses with unbreakable lock screen

Actually I don't own an iphone.

COURAGE
INNOVATION
USER FRIENDLY

Hollywood masks part on keynote was so stupid and misleading people to believe on magic face Id.

>tfw 6 digit passcode

god it makes my phone annoying to use but wew

That's a cool proof of concept.

The iPhone X will demand a passcode after 5 failed FaceID attempts. This famously blew up in Craig Federighi's face when Apple first demoed it, as the first iPhone X he tried had gone into passcode lock mode allegedly "due to overzealous cleaners."

That fact means that the work involved to turn this proof of concept into a working, repeatable, targetable exploit on someone is non-trivial, as a slightly wrong mask could throw the phone into passcode lock mode.

FaceID works as intended and is plenty secure for the everyman. Those that know what they're doing and want real security wouldn't be using an Apple device to begin with.

Pic related.

>I don't anyone is stupid enough to actually use this over a PIN, right?

>on a train
>guy pulls out iphone and enters the PIN in plain sight of everybody in the vehicle

wow

such secure

so encrypt

impregnable

I have never been on a train in my life

Imagine that there was a truly horrible immigrant that bombed Silicon Valley, and he used the iPhone X. All CIA needs is a 3d scan of his face, which anyone can make and then 3d print it.
They can easily create a perfect copy of your face, but they can't create a copy of your fucking finger.

>Bkav's staff could have potentially "weakened" the phone's digital model by training it on its owner's face while some features were obscured, Rogers suggests, essentially teaching the phone to recognize a face that looked more like their mask

>Cracked
No, used as intended.

Then you have had a stupid sheltered life without perspectives.

I feel sad for you a little but it's not too late for you to start living.

If you're letting someone take a literal fucking mold of your face... then no shit it's gonna work.

Make that mask from a cell phone picture of somone's face and then yeah, i'd be impressed. But actually making an impression or 3D scan of the face to print out of replica is obviously going to be good enough to fool it.

> own 1000$ itoy
> can't even afford train ticket
Imagine being this poor fag

>If you're letting someone take a literal fucking mold of your face...
How many pictures of your face are on facebook right now?

Or iris

Who needs molds when you have technology?
cvl-demos.cs.nott.ac.uk/vrn/

plus 3d cameras aren't exactly rare these days.

Imagine, if you will:
>Cop wants you to unlock your phone so he can search your shit without a warrant
>Grabs your phone, holds it up to your face, it unlocks

Sounds really secure, right? Even without being easily duped by a wad of PLA with paper glued to it, it was a stupid feature.

then lets see THAT demo. THAT would be fucking impressive. As it stands this demo is just kinda meh. Im not sure why people would think it would work against a direct replica mold of someones actual facial structure.

youtube.com/watch?v=2PG-8CHv9-E

>cvl-demos.cs.nott.ac.uk/vrn/

That shit isn't accurate at all.

lol i live in a first world country and have a job that used to purchase a CAR
trains are for the poor and people who delude them selves into thinking living in a massive city is good

i use the tip of my cock on my fingerprint id for my workphone
AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT TIT

t. americlap

Apple has always tried to play nice with the US government, and since they need a warrant to use your fingerprint or brute force it, but your image is fair game under the protection of the first amendment, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that that's specifically why they're switching to this technology.

i am irish
it is amusing how american is an insult though

I can think of two.

First is to determine whether the face-object looks like a real human face. FaceID produces a depth map using IR sensors but makes no use of traditional facial recognition neural nets using the front facing camera. This is by design: FaceID must work in the dark. But it could be an additional fallback (like the attention-awareness setting).

Second is to capture a short video feed which combined with the accelerometer can give you an idea of whether the phone is being held by a moving person with a moving face or whether it's in a jig pointed at a mannequin. Again I can think of why Apple didn't do this: it would take too long, and FaceID is meant to be fast.

The above could be added fallbacks that are triggered in situations where the phone may have reason to think it's no longer in the owner's hands. (disconnected from Apple Watch, SIM card removed, or inside a faraday cage to prevent connecting to iCloud for Find my iPhone, unusual GPS location, not having been unlocked in the last 24 hours while state actors were busy creating your custom face mold)

FaceID is attention-aware, that's a trivial scenario to prevent, same as the sleeping boyfriend one.

>mfw pattern lock designed in such a way that you'd never randomly stumble onto it because it's so retarded

>lol i live in a first world country and have a job that used to purchase a CAR

That does not negate anything i said.

Instead you somehow got offended.

try not taking things so personally next time

Aak yourself how good your car is when youre stuck in kilometers long traffic

>kilometers long traffic
while a train crosses.

But being dependant on a car is a sign of 3rd worldness mate.

They should never have gotten rid of touch ID, it should have just been included in the power button on the side.

>still a pin number, just in the form of face shapes
pottery

> living in uni dorm
> dorm-mate storms in
> "DUDE CAN YOU LIKE HACK INTO A PHONE"
> uh... no? I write websites dude I can't get to your fucking girlfriend's nudes
> "No dude this is my roommate's android, I was messing around on it and I accidentally enabled pattern lock"
> yeah I don't believe you (I recognised that yes it was his roommate's phone)
> roommate walks in "yeah dude it's true, I can't get into my phone anymore"
> oh, ok, err, so you locked it with a pattern by accident but aren't sure which one you entered
> "yeah dude I know I'm retarded"
> well let me see
> 3x3 row of dots like 7 8 9 \n 4 5 6 \n 1 2 3
> my first try I just swipe like an accidental backwards L, right hand side, so 9 6 3 2 1
> phone unlocks
> "DUDE HOW THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT"
> lol

engadget.com/2017/09/15/apple-iphone-x-faceid-disable-emergency/

I spend a lot of time out in the woods, you know, like hiking and shit. I could totally see myself tripping and cutting up my face on some branches, in dire need of medical attention, and my phone refuses to unlock so I can call for help because the huge wound on my face isn't what the phone recognizes as 'me'.

Fuck you, Apple.

Sweet, no print that mask and see if it unlocks FaceID. It will get millions of views.

hmm I wonder what the weather will be like today
>play simon says to open phone
>high of 72*
>turn off screen
Ok now too, FUCK I forgot to check if it'll rain
>do the hokey pokey
>70% chance at 9:00
>turn off screen
Now back to wor...
>new message from Jessica
well fuck
>ring around the rosie
>"hey pick me up @ 8 bae"
>fuck you bitch
>contemplate for a few seconds
>close screen
mother fucker better not
>bitchass mcbossfag calling
FUCK

Nice try but you can always call emergency numbers from the lock screen.

Wait a minute, remember when FBI wanted a backdoor from Apple to unlock some guy's Iphone they had detained? They managed to do some drilling shenanigans (or so claimed) to bypass it anyway.

However, isn't this something that fits that criteria? It does take some unique resources to make a good mask of someone who owns a particular Iphone (like the owner detained and to stand as model). This isn't something you can do if you steal or find someone's iphone laying about so it's a pretty unique situation and thusly not very insecure for the average person.

You can't necessarily torture a code/pass from someone but making a model of a face doesn't exactly require consent to work.

Yeah, but no one is going to do this shit in real life.

Of course not. Nobody stores important information like banking shit on their phones or anything, right? There's no motivation to break into their phones at all.

This is an incomplete test.

They should have started the Face ID registration on video with only 1 face and only 1 unlock.

I could easily train Face ID to unlock with a mask if I entered the passcode 10 times with it on.

I thought faceid only worked on one face at a time? If what you said is true then it sure didn't prove anything.

I expected it to cut the video after opening on the mask so they could configure it for his own face again but it seemed continuous.

Brainlets out.

I doubt anyone would believe this video. Bkav is a meme antivirus company in my country.

>checkout at the supermarket
>"I wish to pay with Apple Pay please"
>"wait a second, just let me pull out my doll head to unlock my phone"

>reddit spacing
>blog posting
after you

emergency call
or passcode
>pajdroids

Were you told it works like that or does it actually work like that, if you don't know anything you don't know enough

pin is more than enough.
face id and fingerprint id
are just placed for data collection.

>believing these dipshit attention whoring gooks for even a second

Get your shit together, Sup Forums.

Yeah really secure. my.mixtape.moe/afyehk.webm

If someone tries this for (You), it'll fail enough times for it to require a PIN code. Its still more secure than Touch ID. You leave your fingerprints all over. Making a 3D model of someone's face is an order of magnitude harder than lifting it off a doorknob or whatever.

kek

>he doesn't use a system of 4092-bit one-time passwords based on an aggregate of various self-verifying zero-proof entropic sources from across the globe all based on his own home coded FOSS operating system to log onto his phone
when will securitylets learn?

> he uses a phone with hardware that he didn't build
LMFAO
Enjoy the back doors

Most Apple users are probably busy at work.

>that mask

The "computer criminal" photos were right all along

Apple fails again.

>not just cutting your head off.

Iguarantee there is no way somebody could see my pin when i enter it without me being aware of them and ergo not putting it in.

>NO IRIS AND RETINAL SCAN ID
GET IT TOGETHER APPLE