*decrypts all data and tls packets*

*decrypts all data and tls packets*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubit
kaspersky.com/blog/quantum-computers-and-the-end-of-security/2852/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing personal kiddo

I don't use encryption for which a quantum algorithm exists.

>he knows existing quantum algorithms

>It's not like science is about publications or something.

*blocks your path*

>quantum
>still converts to binary
its useless

*doubles key length*
not bad, you made me use almost 10% of my power

Can someone tell me how this meme tech is anything other than a meme?

How is it Quantum is it works in binary

The input and output is binary. Internally real qbits are used.

>existing
>quantum
>algorithms

>I've read about them in publications, I swear

qbits are?

are these actually real, or just some prototype shit that doesnt actually work yet?

>In quantum computing, a quantum algorithm is an algorithm which runs on a realistic model of quantum computation, the most commonly used model being the quantum circuit model of computation.
>The most well known algorithms are Shor's algorithm for factoring, and Grover's algorithm for searching an unstructured database or an unordered list. Shor's algorithms runs exponentially faster than the best known classical algorithm for factoring, the general number field sieve. Grover's algorithm runs quadratically faster than the best possible classical algorithm for the same task.
Sup Forums is a dead board full of retarded redditors who immigrated to Sup Forums after /r/the_donald got shut down.

>qbits are?
a Google search away.

>I'll trade academic publications I clearly didn't read with a copy-paste from a wikipedia article I didn't evidently comprehend, not in the slightest, but hey I'll make snarky comments about reddit in the end of my post so it won't backfire, r-right?
>I've read something about a quantum quantum-proof algo on HN so there it is!

the state of Sup Forums

joke's on you I don't have any data worth decrypting.

Yeah, that's fake. Just try going to any store and buying a quantum computer. They don't exist yet.

>he baits for (You)'s
>on the internet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubit

Can someone tl;dr why a quantum computer could decrypt everything?

It's a scary possibility that NSA might have a working quantum computer soon
The could decrypt everything using RSA

>nothing not at walmart doesnt exist

Okay, so it bascially can count faster.
>Modern systems in the core of SSL, HTTPS, VPN, etc., are typically encrypted data using a secret key and symmetric algorithm. It’s the same on the sender and receiver sides (hence symmetric), which negotiate a secret key in the beginning of the session using another, asymmetric cryptosystem. Asymmetric algorithm is used just for secret key negotiation because it’s computational-heavy. Security of asymmetrical cryptosystem is based on solving the complexity of some mathematical problem. e.g. integer factorization of very large numbers (RSA algorithm). It takes noticeable time just to multiply or divide such large numbers, to say nothing about trying multiple numbers in order. So the cryptosystem setup assumes that a spy can eavesdrop on the connection, but it will take an unreasonable amount of time (from dozens to millions of years depending of key length) to calculate a secret key and decrypt the connection. It turns out that quantum computers might help here. Using Shor’s algorithm, a quantum computer comes to a final state corresponding to solved mathematical problems very quickly, almost as fast, as an ordinary computer multiplying a couple of numbers. Despite some extra issues, like the necessity to run this task several times and complicated results reading with the help of classical computers, a quantum computer might find the required large numbers very quickly, helping an attacker calculate the secret key and decrypting the message.

By the way, good symmetric algorithms, e.g. AES, don’t have flaws allowing that kind of dramatic bruteforcing speedup. By existing estimates, bruteforcing 256-bit AES key on quantum computer is equal to bruteforcing 128-bit AES on a classic computer, so security levels remain very high.
kaspersky.com/blog/quantum-computers-and-the-end-of-security/2852/

>I make baseless claims on topics I don't understand, if I keep pushing my inanities someone will spoonfeed me

>on an anime imageboard

>implying some black budget project hasn't had working quantum computers since the 1970s