Do people still think Antivirus and AntiMalware are necessary for Windows?

Do people still think Antivirus and AntiMalware are necessary for Windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/list?can=1&q=kaspersky&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Milestone Owner Summary&cells=ids
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normies do.

Have you tried using the internet without common sense and no adblocker? It's a miracle normies don't shit up their systems more tbqh

For you dad, yes

Do normies actually clic on sketchy ads?

No, just use a modern browser with Ublock Origin.

normies click on fucking everything
i live in a third world country and normies always find a way to install a russian trojan that fucks up the os

Of course they do. You know those pages that have 4 download buttons and you quickly pick out the correct one using common sense and basic deduction? They pretty much just guess and click whatever.

Retards do

Is MacOs protected by malvertising?

Always nice to have a safety net when you do something stupid.

I torrent too many games to not have one installed.

>Not scanning it with 2 different antiviruses on a VM
You're making me laugh

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/list?can=1&q=kaspersky&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Milestone Owner Summary&cells=ids

>clicking to get infected
I thought some don't even need that step.

I still use the Eset online scanner once every six months, but that's it. Are there any other good similar ones?

Malwarebytes, bitdefender, or avast. depends on how many Sup Forums levels you have

nothing s really protected when it comes to desktop especially, but malwae autors care less for linux/mac cause of low marketshare compared to windows, so risks are lower

do people unironically download shit from C-net?
i see them sponsoring some companies sometimes and I get mind fucked, their website is bloat

>Partner brings home a work colleagues fucked laptop
>Tell her to flatten the thing, I'm not even getting paid for this
>"But user please show me how to do it I want to learn"
>Fine
>Win 7 Home Premium reinstalled with 200+ updates to patch (Refused to let me put Win 10 on)
>"user I put on Avira anti-virus to help"
>Freeware pop-ups to buy their shit
>Four separate bullshit programs installed alongside
>Scan rate: Constant
>Resource Monitor CPU: 100% HDD: 100%
Should've just let her flounder and fuck it up herself desu

No, Windows Defender is enough.

>common sense

Common sense would be not to trust any website or downloaded file on an operating system with administrator privileges by default. "I don't click ads so i'm fine" is about as common sense as the pull-out method is for teen pregnancy.

>2017
>Not using a process whitelist

I disagree. I've had Malwarebytes find a couple of things that Defender missed. I've never seen Windows Defender find anything that Malwarebytes has missed. I wish what you say is true, I really do not like Malwarebytes in general, but it does work.

>pull-out method
maybe we should all be like you and just never put it in.

No, common sense is understanding how software tries to attack your system and actively avoiding said software.
Adblockers do a pretty great job at protecting the user from this bullshit.

Roasted

Afaik MS also does a standalone scanner that finds more than Windows Defender. That might compete.