S T O P

If you suck at programing you should stop. S T O P. It doesn't matter at all how deeply you dream that it can be your career and your recreational projects will be a success because it WONT. Be real

It sucks death. It's eating you away. You know it.I know it. You got ZERO skill in it. I can't do it. You can't do it. You keep trying and thinking you can do it BUT YOURE WRONG. I was once JUST LIKE (YOU) . I've had enough compiler errors to last me a lietime. Can't progress beyond the point where the program refuses to comply with the architecture I had planned for at the most critical point. Trial and Trial and Error after Error. Redesign after Redesign. And the project just ain't moving forward. I've even advised others to NOT give up programming. I'm sorry Bob it just ain't meant to be.

So me people just ain't meant to make their dreams. Don't waste your life. I'll be dead within 24 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

datapacrat.com/Opinion/Reciprocality/r0/Day1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapper_orientation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its just a hobby for me, but I have 15 stars on my git, so I consider my project a success

u a hoe

link me?

I cant be associated with this place.

just start small, write your first hello world python program and keep tinkering
i beleev in you

fuck off poettering

idk what poettering is

I'm actually amazing at programming, I wrote my own compiler and heaps of stuff. still, nobody cares.

No one cares terry.

how do you get stars? redpill me on git pls how do i build a nice portfolio,

Fuck you, faggot. Programming is boring.
I'm a freelance InfoSec consultant and i'm making more than the average code monkey and it feels great.
Programmers are miserable individuals, but their mistakes usually pay my rent, so i guess i don't care too much.

You're just stupid.
datapacrat.com/Opinion/Reciprocality/r0/Day1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapper_orientation

>get quik chiep stars
1. bow before the eternal negro
2. ????
3. ???
4. Abracadabra Alhamdulilah ex nihilo-slamphobia
5. Prophet

got popular on reddit for having a funny meme in your commit message or something = 100 stars, nobody remembers in a week

I sell tools to infosec guys, mostly maltego, altergo, nessus, metasploit and other frameworks. I make more than the infosec guys.

plugsins and what not, not those tools in particular.

>mixing business and personal interests
fucking dumbass

>I'm a freelance InfoSec consultant

Translation from Sup ForumsnumaleLincuck to English: "I receive NEETBUX for a mental disability."

> I'll be dead within 24 hours.
Yeah, I can see schizophrenia through this post.

But I haven't even started yet

lol I can't program for shit but I make a killing selling my tools as I can market and create commercially relevant products.

>when a pajeet outsourced you, so to reduce supply you have to get online on a Chinese stamp collecting board for people not to go into your career and undercut you

You shouldn't give up on programming but you should never, ever make it your sole job. Get a job that involves programming at some point. But never pure programming.

>I've had enough compiler errors to last me a lietime. Can't progress beyond the point where the program refuses to comply with the architecture I had planned for at the most critical point.
Then fucking read the compiler messages, figure out what the fuck it's saying, figure out what the fuck is wrong with your program, and fucking fix it. A considerable amount of programming time involves just this.
Are you fucking retarded?

see kids this is what happens when you fall for Sup Forums memes and try to learn C as your first language.

big mouth
>create commercially relevant products
like?

>decide to learn programming
>learn some python quickly
>the next month make a tool that analyses gambling data statistically and sell it to degenerates for a quick buck even though it's useless
y'all need to up your PEOPLE skills if you know what I mean famalams

(((( )))

heh... nothin personnel gamblers

>tfw maintain a healthy mid sized open source project
>tfw my day job is carpentry and restoring antique furniture
Wouldn't have it any other way.

GAMBLERS HATE THIS GUY

/thread

I love programming but 90% of my job as a fucking programmer is reading into some arcane ass bullshit. Like right now I've got a problem with RStudio catching segfaults because it turns out it has it's own statically linked Boost and it collides with the dynamically linked Boost the package I wrote has.

lol k

Heh... you see, I made fizz buzz as my first program... sooooo I'm pretty much a pro. Quit projecting your failures on us, kid, you're talking to world class programmers here.

Not a programmer but you should do what you enjoy, irrelevant if you are good at it or not.

im understanding it a lot better than most of the people in my class. if brogrammers can manage it then i can definitely learn basic machine code

I've always said, programming takes a certain mindset and manner of thinking. I've never really had the knack for it. If you throw me some reference materials and ask me to solve programming exercises, I can do it. If you ask me to write some dinky little program that does one simple thing, sure. But I am completely lost when it comes to any kind of actual larger project, let alone a GUI application.

I think in this day and age, if you want to be a "true" programmer doing OS stuff or performance intensive programs, you should get into using Go. Everyone else should be using Python. Truthfully, I prefer Ruby, but it's hard to deny that Python has won the war for the go-to language at this point.

>15 stars on my git
motherfucker. neck yourself.

If you develop RStudio then thanks a lot, it's great and the first real IDE for R. Keep up the good work, fella

Programming is easy as fuck

1) Understand the language, syntax and OOP.
2) Figure out what you want to program.
3) ????

It's really all about understanding APIs and common programming algorithms. And if you can't figure it out, you will always find someone online who has figured it out.

It's 100% not.

I'm a CS major and I suck ass

My only feature that makes me different from others is that I enjoy the pure mathematics courses and have taken more than the requirements.

I love doing proofs and all that but I just can't code and it's endlessly frustrating

I've taken python , java, and c classes. Nothing sticks and I can't implement shit

I care. You're a beautiful person. Not many have the character and ability to become a great programmer. You're like a high priest of this digital age, you should be proud.

Then looks like you failed the first point in my post. Get better teaching.

how about putting in some effort to improve instead of wining like a child.

I already realized this and moved on to the other things. There are other careers in the tech industry that aren't programming.

Good thing I don't suck at it.

How can someone suck at applied logic lol....

>I enjoy the pure mathematics courses
>I love doing proofs

You sound like you might be among the few who would truly thrive coding in the Haskell/Idris/PureScript/etc universe of purely-functional languages. Mostly for the formula-styled terse syntax and general declarative approach, the equational reasoning etc. Never tried?

I thought phone screens prevented this? Some companies even do Skype and webcam interviews before bringing you in.