Why is this still allowed? Why is this resolution used for anything larger than 6 inches?

Why is this still allowed? Why is this resolution used for anything larger than 6 inches?

Other urls found in this thread:

sven.de/dpi/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because there's tens of millions of Winplebs who still buy it.

>allowed
feel free to call the screen resolution police, OP

For gaming laptops. 768p tn + 960M > 1080p ips + 940m

>Why is this still allowed?
Because it's allowed by Microsoft.

This

Consumer laptops are a commodity and are made cheaply as possible. It has only gotten cheaper to make 1366x768 panels.

Because most laptops have horrible gpu's and can't drive 1080p.

Think about it from a laptop maker. I can put a 1080p screen in for more money and have people complain about muh games not running good or put in a piss screen and have them think I need to get a better computer. Up sale!

1080p + 1050

Bullshit
Any iGPU from the last 15 years can drive 1080p without an issue
And gaymen isn't relevant for 90% of laptop users. Those that want to play games wouldn't buy a laptop with a 768p screen anyway

+ HDD + DDR3 RAM + it breaks the first year
Yeah buddy

>tfw 14-inch laptop
>tfw 1366x768

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
I'LL EVEN TAKE A 1600X900

JUST WHY 1366X768
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS
WE HAVE CHEAP CHINESE SMARTPHONES WITH 1080P TOUCHSCREEN AND BEYOND
YOU'RE TELLING ME A CHEAP 1080P NON-TOUCH SCREEN IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR LAPTOPS?

ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M REALLY ANGRY

Holy shit just don't buy those models. They are specifically tailored for a certain crowd.
It's a good thing the market isn't following the shitty "progressive" apple style so people can have a choice for once.

Because it's CHEAP.

Because not everyone can afford a mac

>YOU'RE TELLING ME A CHEAP 1080P NON-TOUCH SCREEN IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR LAPTOPS?
Yes. Making a tiny 4K panel is cheap compared to making a big 1080p panel

1366x768 at 14" isn't really any worse than 1080p at 24" and yet people are fine with the latter

Why there are not UHD non-touch screens yet?
I fucking hate all top tier laptops being 2 in 1 or touch screen shit!

Power consumption. A laptop with a 4 hour battery life and a larger enough resolution for e-mail + web browsing + MS office is better than a laptop with a 2 hour battery life and a larger resolution that really only effects games (which would still run like shit because it's a laptop).

Anyone can buy a Mac, it's just that they don't want to

Why'd you buy it then you fucking gorilla

Sad thing is people buy it. Ssme reason people buy Apple. Sure HP, Toshiba and Dell put out solid computers. But hoe can people take them seriously if all they see is the horrendous crap they put out. Shit plastic casing, cd drives, non hd screensx shit track pads and keyboards, etc.

sven.de/dpi/
>100.45PPI
That's pretty standard desu. 1600x900 is 114, 1920x1080 is 141. Without DPI scaling shit gets too small and in turn you get less screen real estate. Unfortunately, it's fine. Anything more is luxury. That being said I rock a 1600x900 on my T420 without scaling and it's fine for me.

>thinkcuck

more battery.

Keep telling yourself that.

>Anyone can get cucked by a nigger, it's just that they don't want to
>Cuck: Keep telling yourself that.