All non-memes aside, why would I ever need to use anything other than C++, XML and a shader language like GLSL?

All non-memes aside, why would I ever need to use anything other than C++, XML and a shader language like GLSL?

Haskell then C.

Gaymes, lol.

>C
Isn't that deprecated and unsafe? I thought to whole point of technology was forward momentum.

start with XML and XSLT

Brainfuck is a good one to start out with.
Pleasant learning curve.

How can you develop games if you're an iToddler?

Certain domains favor certain languages.
Like how the data sciences favor python backed by C (yes really) and C++ libraries.
But don't be like /dpt/ and jerk off all over languages and their features.
Languages are tools.

Why would you use XML instead of something like YAML? I agree with the rest though.

>XML

This isn't the 1990's anymore.

teaches good basics.

assembly language for the Motorola 68000

>Assembly for Moto 68k
/thread

You'll use whatever the shop you work at standardized on, unless there's a compelling technical reason for a particular project. Because you're not a hipster working for the promise of stock (that will never come) instead of actual currency.

C++ lacks generics and that is a deal breaker for me

beyond >this

scheme

B-BUT MUH TEMPLATES

>pic
I'd say python (good general purpose and easy to get into) then go back for C (good foundation)

>why would i need anything besides C++, XML, and GLSL?
because it depends on what you're making. if you're going to go make websites you aren't going to use C++, you have to use the right tool for the job

>templates
>macros

What more could you need?

Because holy fuck it takes a lot of time and effort to program shit with just those 3.