Boss pulled me aside today and asked for me to stop using my mechanical keyboard due to noise complaints

>boss pulled me aside today and asked for me to stop using my mechanical keyboard due to noise complaints
Fucking hate normies.

macfags in a nutshell, don't know anything other than their "sooper duper qwyet" meme keyboard.

>Using a mechanical keyboard in public
you deserve it

>well if you'd give us workspaces like actual hooman beings instead of putting us in a cubicle ranch like cattle, this wouldn't be an issue

I love mechanical kbds, I have a unicomp, but I would never bring it into work knowing it would annoy the autists around me. Unfortunately a lot of autists do not have much care for the affects they have on others and have to be pulled aside so social norms can be explained to them.

I tune it out, and in fact, get kinda annoyed if I can't at least hear my own keyboard (almost zero travel?)

>autists can't handle the clickity clack so claim it's against social norms.
nah man the social norm is ignore minor annoyances and leave people alone if shit's not important

>he's allowed to plug this into his PC at work
must be nice..

We can't do that because we hotdesk

What? Do you work in a monastary? I can't hear myself think with all these jackasses talking all day long.

FINALLY
we all kept telling boss how fcuking annoying it was

good ridance

I have one at work too. Brown keys though so not that loud.

CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK ALL DAY LONG

>minor annoyance

I be you OP even made a point of typing loudly just so his cube neighbors understood he had a *superior* mechanical keyboard. Got what he deserved I'd say.

>not using topre
you deserved it

Bring a ghetto-blaster to work and play Linkin Park at full volume. Prolem solvt.

it's fucking background noise, ignore it

could try linear switches

>be me, software engineer
>go to work one day
>meet our now former admin
>tells me he quit for a better position
>i was kind of his friend
>he asks if I want some of the stuff he can't keep because it's legally the companies
>mfw he had an original cherry keyboard from 1996
>can use it at work
>it has black switches, quit enough for the guy I share a room with
>typing feels amazing
Life's actually pretty okay

Talking increases work efficiency apparently

>tfw punch keys down hard like a mongoloid

have you used those typewriter programs that play a sound every time you hit a key?

This desu senpai

You do realize that you are the autist. Mechanical keyboard warriors are equivalent to Ducati riders, who are both viewed with disdain.

except that ducatis are inferior in almost every way, and mechanical keyboards are inferior in no way other than sound

>boss pulled me aside today and asked for me to stop using my mechanical keyboard due to noise complaints
>"Oh yeah, hows this for noise?"
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>"IM PICKLE RICK"

lemme guess, you work with a bunch of wimminz

>hotdesk

Didn't even know what this was, thought it was a joke made in a Dilbert cartoon but it's a real thing. Open plan office with hot desk - would make suicide a lot easier