What's the highest end hardware you ever had in one point of your life?

What's the highest end hardware you ever had in one point of your life?
I had a i7-3960X and a GTX 690 in 2012. Damn those boys were good. Case was pic related.

That case is so autistic I want it

You know big ass cases were the real shit in early 2010s

Fully pimped out Skulltrail machine, in ~2009.
Two 9800GTX in SLI.
16GB RAM
Two Xeons, etc

Sound blaster XFi pro ultimate enterprise business deluxe, never used

Man I remember that board I wanted it so much but I was broke as fuck.

>What's the highest end hardware you ever had in one point of your life?
My current PC which is old as fuck nowadays.
>Dual LGA 1366 asus board with 2 xeons 3550 overclocked to 4ghz. (basically i7 960s with a link)
Also a GTX 960 because my older setup had a dead card and a single 570 wasn't doing enough of a job.

I plan to go for a threadripper soon I guess, it's getting time to upgrade this stuff albeit I'm broke again due to family health issues.

Got the 980ti couple years ago soon after it launched.
Was my first time running the fastest consumer gpu on the market.

Shame that by this point im not as crazy about vidya, i would have loved it back in my teens having to fiddle on medium settings all the time.

Not technically mine, but I'm building a dual Xeon machine for work and it will be the most advanced computer I've ever used in my life. It will have dual 2680-v4's, 128gb ddr4 ram, and at some point an nvidia Tesla.

For real, why aren't more companies making nonstandard cases like this?
Why does everything have to be a boring old box?
Appeal to my inner autistic child. I want Batman's computer.

right now lmao 2017 15" kaby lake macbook pro with windows 10 bootcamp and a water cooled 1080 ti egpu all for my VR and motion simulator

My current rig. I5 2500, GTX 760, 16GB Ram. It's all i really need.

I bought a 2500k on launch day with a 6970 and a 64gb MLC SSD along with 3 1080p 23" monitors(I had 1366x768 lcd and a crt before that) for eyefinity.
Considering how big of a upgrade 2500k was from previous CPUs and my core 2 duo and the 6970 coming from a 4850 it was a huge huge upgrade.
All of my friends lost their shit at dirt in eyefinity it was so sick.

>athlon thunderbird 1ghz
>i7-4790k
>oculus dk2
those are the only high end things i bought at/near release. arguably the 4790k wasn't even high end

built this yesterday as an upgrade from my 3930K:
kikeripper 1950x
128gb ram
2tb 960pro ssd
using an rx480 in it for the moment because it's a work pc and doesn't need much in the way of graphics yet, might get dual 1080ti or vega64 if i have a need for them later

Are you doing some real work?

i bought the i7 920, x58 mobo, and 6gb tripple channel the week it was released in 2009

still using it now (what i paid for that ram still makes me cry)

i think the world did end in 2012 and i am just stuck in some wierd simulation

This - bought her for $400 brand new back in the day. Newegg had a hell of a time keeping them in stock back then. Never paid that much again for a graphics card. (Still own her today) Close second thing is when I bought my Socket 939 Opteron 185 & 170 cpu's (Still got both of those to.

Then build it yourself. Brush up on your woodworking or metalworking or ceramics if that's your thing.

It's not like the components need some magic that only an ATX case can provide.

My current rig.
Ryzen 1600 and a 1060 6 GB.
My first time since I started using PCs that I can play at the highest settings in 60 FPS or more.

One of these days I'll figure out what to do with the two original GTS Titans I still have. Playing at 7680x1440 in 2012 had it's moments but ultimately Nvidia surround and SLI proved to be too much of a hassle.

Damn dude you're almost me. I'm still running a 3930k and 2x GTX 680s in the exact same case.

BFG 6800 GTX
Q6600
8gbs of RAM
64 bit windows (this was when everyone was still using 32bit)
Fatality sound card with 64mb of dedicated memory
And this case with every fan slot filled with blue led fans

My 6800 never went over 55C which is impressive considering how much of a house fire that thing was. I managed to get the thing to last so long that BFG had already gone out of business by the time the thing died on me.

That was the closest to top end I ever got with a PC. Now I mostly build mid range systems to get the most value for my money.

Probably right now, with an overclocked 8c/16t CPU, high end DDR4 and a 1080 Ti FTW3. I've had better motherboards in the past though, but I'm done falling for that meme.

I also bought the i7 920 new when it was released in November 2008. Not 2009.

Back in the day I built this beauty: (Still own her to, never been dismantled, still stock)

CPU: Opteron-185
Mobo: ASRock 939 DualSata2
Ram: 2GB (512x4)
Sound: SB Audigy 2 Zs Gamer
Graphics: Geforce 6800GT AGP 8x
Optical: DVD-Rom Drive (IDE)
Misc: Misumi 3.5 Floppy
HDD: WD 80GB JB 8mb (IDE)
This was back when IDE/AGP was still common but the mobo supported full speed PCI-E16 + SATA 1&2. AGP was also supported at full speed 8x. A few boards were made that supported both AGP + PCI-E but they usually gimped one bus or the other in some way. Not so with the 939dual sata2. Hell if you had a decent pci card you could in theory use PCI+AGP+PCI-E + TV out for insane display output options (Yes the board supported this config, dunno about windows though)

software development has kept me fed for the last 13 years

project i'm working on now is getting uncomfortably big for my ancient 3930k so i finally caved and paid for an upgrade

Its my Current set up
7700k @5gz
16gb 3600 ram
2 X 24" 144hz screen
2 X 256 GB ssd

Mismatched as fuck right now with a 1080ti ftw3 and a 6600k in an itx case.

I'll probably do a motherboard/CPU swap for something better maybe a 8700k or wait until next year for the next Intel CPU launch

My IBM Itanium server with four processors and 10 GB of RAM was probably around $52,000 as a new product. Have a lot of '90s Sun/SGI/HP workstations too in the $15,000+ range and I post from some of them.

As far as shit I've bought new, probably a Shitpad W520 or the autistic gaming shitbox I built when I was 14.

>still running a 3930k
muh nibba

mine's finally dying I think after running at 4.7ghz for so long (and the daily abuse of work plus gaymen and shitposting at night)

>itanic
pics nao

I got a 5850, and switched it to a 6950 - original model, that I could unlock to a 6970.

Still rocking it. There's just no card out there for a reasonable price/performance in a decent price range anymore.

Hd7970

At release dates

1070ti
16gbram.
I love my current Pc

>better motherboards in the past though, but I'm done falling for that meme.
Elaborate? I thought people were saying don't cheap out on mobo too much.

This case is goat, no other hotswap bay cases exist in its style, shame it has 0 airflow

Back when GTX 260s were current cards I had three of them in triple SLI. That plus my new i7 needed two PSUs and sucked 1100 watts out of the wall with Prime and Furmark.

The i7 aged well. The GTX 260s would have if they weren't so VRAM-limited.

lol, 6600k -> 8700k will get you what, 5% more performance in games?

But be a good goy and buy a new Intel CPU every year anyway, they'll go bankrupt if they won't be able to sell you the same shit every year.

1080 ti
sold it 3 days later

evga sr-2
sold it 4 months later

now i'm depressed

I'd never buy super low end trash, but mid-range boards are perfectly adequate for 99% of people. Above that you're just paying for a VRM you'll never need unless you overclock on LN2, features you'll likely never use and dumb RGB lighting.

I had 2 (TWO!!) HD5970s back in the day, comfy winter temps

there really aren't low-end boards anymore, there's good, super-high-end, and several flavors of overkill.

Nah, there's definetly trash to be found. Amongst the lower ranks of B350 boards for example, with unheatsinked VRMs that will struggle even with a stock six or eight core.

I took a couple blog shots of it way back but they're all on my desktop at home and I shoved it in storage when I ran out of space. It's nothing too special on the outside, IBM didn't give much of a shit about the Itanium and floated two models lumped in with their x86 offerings for a year or two before they jumped ship on them. Lots of IA-64 Linuxes and BSDs won't even boot on them, probably because their IA-64 ports are mostly maintained by HP, I guess. I'm going to try to install Gentoo on it next time I pull it out, or just go authentic and run an old IA-64 Red Hat version on it if that doesn't work.

user if you don't open that thing up and shitpost in the guts thread I'll be very disappointed in you

Current main rig (Yeah it's "old" but you know after you hit 100+fps in your games @ max res+ eye candy jacked it all comes kinda pointless)

CPU: Phenom II x4 955 (95w version)
RAM: Kingston 32GB (8gb x4)
HDD: 160GB WD (OS) 1.5TB Seagate (Backup/data)
DVD Burner
Sound: Asus Xonar DGX
Graphics: Geforce 740GT superclocked
Mobo: ASRock 980DE3US3 (Reg bios,non of that uefi shit)

Don't worry, my man. When I get it up and running again I'll probably be an obnoxious attention seeking faggot about it, it's a pretty cool system to me. I already found the one good shot of it on my phone.

Don't know how well it would show in a guts thread though, it's pretty well packed together and I'd probably have to remove the memory cage at the very least just to get to the processor modules.

Probably when I had an i7 920 OC'd to 4ghz and SLI GTX460s. Not the best available but damn that was the best build I ever had.

this
now

my current one, built it in a couple months:
ryzen 1600
4 GB of RAM (hoping to find a way to get 64GB for ~$300)
cheap MSI MORTAR mobo
2GB RX560
this is for work, though. my 2011 laptop serves me well. and if things go well, I'll build a much more powerful and expensive setup.

My 1080 ti,
Curved ultrawide 1440P monitor, Or my PC08 Lian li case

Nothing crazy amazing, but still pretty nice.
Maybe the 96gb of ram in my home server.

Oh and my x99 IPMI board.
I work with IPMI, And love having it, So I had to have it on my next desktop refresh.
I haven't used it at all, Bit waste of money.

Had X1950's in Crossfire back in the day.
Shit was Sweet.

Upgraded to a single 4870x2. Thing sounded like a jet-engine so tossed the fan and shroud and put an aftermarket Accerlero Cooler on it. Still running it in a separate machine. Ran it with a X955BE for Crysis.

Currently on a 7970 I'm trying to hold out on.

A pentium 200 MMX machine, with 64MB of memory and a Stealth 3D 3000 (S3 virge) as 2D card, and Diamond Monster 3D (3Dfx Voodoo 1 chip) as 3D card.

I threw up a little

It's still bigger than my other cards, even the 7970. Guess that's what happens when you put two gpu cores on one card.

Also that power draw...

Server: Windows Home Server 2011
CPU: FX 8300 (95w)
RAM: 8GB (4gbx2)
Mobo: ASRock 980DE3US3 (Yeah it's the same as in my desktop, shit works so I saw no reason not to use another one plus has 8 sata ports)
HDD: 1TB (OS/Client Backups/Few videos)9TB Raid 5 (Data from 1997-2017) 2TB Raid 1 (2018+ Data)
Graphics: (Not really used) Geforce 210
DVD Burner
Housed in mid tower atx case. Grabbed a nice server rack case w/8 3.5 bays (expand to up to 12 with extra cage) for down the road when I build a new server in a year or two. Gonna transfer all core parts but obviously by the time 2 yrs roll by the storage pool will be comprised of new drives.

I'm like one rung down from you on everything.

i5-2400
GTX 750Ti
12GB

>64 bit windows (this was when everyone was still using 32bit)

You were the one dude that ran 64-bit XP?

?

the first pc i built was pretty dumb

>core 2 quad q9550, I dont remember what i had it clocked to
>EVGA nforce 780i SLI mobo
>cooler master stacker 830 w/ bundled 1000W 80+ PSU
>2 PNY 9800 GTX+ in SLI
>2 WD raptor 150GB 10k rpm HDDs in RAID 0
>2x2GB corsair dominator platinum DDR2 1066MHz
>lots of blue LED fans
>5.25" fan controller because lol2007

my pc now is pretty nice to (6800k+1080) but that pc back then was fucking dumb

Right now actually I have a Ryzen 1600x and Rx 480 8gb. I used to own a shitty atom processor laptop. I'm happy to finally have a good desktop.

Gaymen pc I have now
AMD 380x
I7 6700
24 GBs of RAM
480gb and a 240gb SSD

I don't really game much. I do play a little GTA V online because I like to fly planes and I maintain above 60 FPS.

3770k + dual 290Xs

That was originally my goal was 750ti i3 and 8gb ram but fate was kind to me and i happened upon a rig with i5, 16gb ram, and just bought a 760 for 80 or 90. I still consider 750ti just fine for everything.

Core i5 2500k + Radeon HD 6970
I left that PC to my parents, though. Currently using T460s I bought this March.

Hows the hd 6970? Game well?

At the office in 2007, Dell Precision 690 w/dual quad core Xeon E5355's, 64GB of RAM, and some Geforce Quadro video card w/dual 1600x1200 displays and a Creative Audigy 2. We special ordered these machines for my group and mine stayed with me until I left the company in 2011.

current rig.
i7 7700k
Gtx 1080 fe
16 gigs of ram
120gb boot ssd and 3tb hdd

Around 2001 i had an AMD tbird 1.4ghz, 384MB ram, Gf3 ti200 and wish i could remember the other details.

Now a ryzen 1700 & vega 56...

Fanboy for life.

Still got this vintage baby stashed in a closet:
Dell Dimension L800CXE (bought her brand new in 2001, right before the coming of XP)
Came with Windows ME, Yes ME sucked, so loaded Windows 98SE (Only 1 of two Windows os I've actually bought)
CPU: Intel Celeron 800mhz Socket 370
RAM: 256mb SDRAM
HDD: 20GB
CD Burner
Floppy drive
iomega zip 100 drive
SB Live
3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 (Pulled from old IBM Aptiva which I had from 1997-2001. Don't have the Aptiva anymore, sold her to defray cost of the Dell)
Back then this was a pretty decent system. Sadly the psu blew in it, thanks to how Dell (and others) did things back then you can't just toss any old atx psu inside and expect it to work. See the standard wiring layout is all wrong. So you'll only fry the aftermarket psu or components. Good for me is that someone had the bright idea of creating a converter cable. Which I bought. Still a new psu won't fit the case so in order to bring her back online I'd have to transfer everything into a new case.

Pretty meh nowadays. Was great back in the day. The first game it couldn't run on maximum settings 60fps 1600x1200 was Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance I believe.

e8500, GTX 280, 8gb DDR2 RAM back in ~end of 2008

3770k, SLI GTX 680s, 16gb RAM back in 2012. still use that system, just upgraded to a GTX 1070

i7 6700k, 32 gb ram for RuneScape goldfarming and programming
It paid for itself within a month

This is sad but my greatest computer ever was an Alienware from probably I want to say 2001. Back then it was the tits with that special black logoed case and I admit it was just to burn my friends who had more skill at online games.

Of course they let me be top dog until they could buy one themselves with yes slightly better parts maybe a month later.

My friends were freakishly competitive with me, they always tried to follow my interests just so they could beat me at everything. I went bowling with them for a fun birthday or something beat them at bowling and just IN CASE I got into bowling they pre-trained like hell until they got like a 140 average and got to a state HS tournament. Maybe I am being a little psycho about that and they just liked bowling a lot.

Does that actually work? I've been looking into this, I thought they said eGPUs can only output to external monitors? (for both macOS and Windows)

>2x gigabyte iRam each with 4x1GB ddr sticks in raid0 for a total of 8gb
>Maxing out the SATA bus before SSDs were a thing

>pic related, but not mine.

Yep. I think only like 3 games actually benefited from it though. Was fun to make fun of RAMlets though since they could only max out at 3.5gbs on a 32bit OS.

i5 3570 and 1050 Ti Is all I had.

I'm getting Ryzen 1400 and 1060 6gb later on.

Feels poorfag man

Bout the same, but with 8gb of RAM. 750ti is an underrated card desu

>P3 600
>16MB Voodoo 3
>256MB ram
>250GB HDD
>21" 4:3 CRT monitor
Those were the glorious days of CS1.6

Where can I get a case like that LMAO that is the dumbest shit yet I want it so much

Could you boot off these?

I7 4500k, 760 in sli, 32GB ram, oddly enough I can't find the 760s that I use for under 500$, I don't remember it being special in any way, just an 8pin with 3 fans like every other one.

Enjoy the dust that will collect in all those useless crevices.

> Bateman's computer

>ordered phenom ll 955 when it was the highest amd cpu in desktop
>by the time it arrived they released the 965
Fuck you amd.

I had dual 480s and a friend of mine swapped my i7 940 for a 980x he had laying around, that machine was a weapon but would pull >1kw from the wall when doing stuff :/

Bought new:
- radeon 6770
- phenom x4
- 2x24" Samsung 16:10 LCD

Bought used:
- HP Z600 dual xeon, 2x24" HP IPS LCD
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-19mk5

A Ryzen 1700X and 1080. Feels good man.

2600k and HD7970ghz.
I still have the 2600k.
I'm not very wealthy.

My current system is my highest ever. ie 1600x. All my other ones were several generations old/weaker.
Athlon x2 when i5 or whatever came out.
g2020 when Haswell initially came out.
3470 when Skylake came out.

You can, as the PCI finger is only for power. To windows they look like ordinary disks and can be used as such. If you can cram a compact enough linux install on it, you can easily run an OS off of one. Hell, windows XP is compact enough to run off one, let alone 2 in raid 0.

Hey, I got that board with two Xeons for free 2 years ago

My current pc. An i5 6500 and 8gb ram. I cry myself to sleep every night. Somebody throw a gpu at me

> rig

1080 ti
4790k (only had it since a year)
and a 1440p gsync monimeme

Holy fuck, that would still be a really good machine to this day.
Do you know how much money that cost at the time?

100MHz Pentium(120MHz OC)
14megs of EDO ram yeah baby
4.6GB HDD
2x Voodoo linked

Playing Quake in OpenGL mode was the hottest shit