/mkg/ Best% Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/) (It's been like what almost a year now?)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x88YTpl9Lrw
youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LnxSTShwDdQ
amazon.de/gp/product/B01EJ7ZHQG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
maxkeyboard.com/
massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any reason not to buy this over the magicforce? seems to be mostly the same but with a dedicated function row.

First for assdrop

that keyboard has only two shifts...

is this the best keyboard out there?
youtube.com/watch?v=x88YTpl9Lrw

All of you know nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ

where could i get a thicker steel backplate for the unicomp model m to use in boltmodding? am i able to just get a backplate alone?

What in the fresh fuck

Could you steal one from a model F?

Does TKL really help with wrist pains? I feel like my full-sized keyboard is giving me problems.

Depends, what's causing your wrist pains? If it's your wrists being unnaturally bent from having one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse with too much space in between, yes. If not, no, of course not.

I'm not actually sure what is causing my pains, I think it's unnaturally bending my wrist to reach the character keys. My last keyboard was my laptop's keyboard, which had a numpad, but was still narrower than your regular full keyboard. After switching to a full desktop keyboard, I started to have pains.

If your hands are now bending upwards to reach the keys when before they were basically flat, that's your problem. Look into a low-profile keyboard like the dareu ek820.

From your local metal shop.

recommend me one for gayming lads

The Apple Magic USB keyboard.

Confirmed for autists

youtube.com/watch?v=LnxSTShwDdQ

Ew, fuck no.

Is this photography

You asked for something for gaming, I recommend you the keyboard with the lowest measured start of keypress to actuation time.

I'm buying my first mechanical keyboard. I'm on a budget. But i narrowed my choices between corsair strafe and cm quickfire tk. Which is better? I will use it for gaming.
And is logitech g102 good enough as entry level mouse?

What switches are on those keyboards?

Also, the G102 is pretty damn good. Basically its 95% of the G Pro without the stiff cable.

CoolerMaster

Compatible with standard keysets, plus Corsair is overhyped junk shilled by people who don't know anything about actually good keyboards.

Cherry mx red.

Ordering it now. I hope i dont regret it. lmao

Tnx dude. I'm buying the g102

>10cN switch
How to tell if you're beta.

>Budget
As cheap as possible but I don't want some fragile piece of shit
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
Tactile but quiet, currently using a cherry keyboard with mx-blues and I'm annoyed
>Layout
ANSI preferred but don't really care
>Form factor
Don't care
>Backlight
Don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
Some black cherry thing with MX Blues
I like typing on it but it's too loud.

A matias keyboard with matias qc.

amazon.de/gp/product/B01EJ7ZHQG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it's really budget but it's very ok for the price.

Is this website good for keycaps?

maxkeyboard.com/

They're the cheapest website if seen with cheap shipping to the UK ($10). Also rate my layout, I'm not 100% what I want other than something with blank keycaps, and some combination of orange, an dark/light grey or cream

Is ortho actually good to use or is it just reddit memes? What about lets split?

both reddit memes

>no spacebar
nani the fuck

how are the assdrop hall switches, not asking on build qaulity of the board
what are they comparable to?
the board is supposedly going to be better qced and improved this time so that's why I'm asking
>people still first round buy from assdrop

desu ortho only makes sense on splits. on a standard nonsplit you don't get the benefits of it because your hands are still in a retarded position

am interested too. don't want to spend $150 (shipping to eu) to find out I bought a quieter cherry red.

>tfw my new kb should be shipling from Assdrop in 3 weeks

The button labeled "backspace" is space. Or not. It's 100% programmable, every key could be space.

>The feel is similar to vintage Alps Blue and Orange switches.
Blue Alps is the most sought after Alps. Setting the bar high.

how does it feel? how much force does it need to actuate? is it tactile? what about sound?

>how does it feel
It has a strong early tactile bump, very smooth travel.
>the rest of your questions
Does not relate to Blue Alps, and you can find the answers on the page.
massdrop.com/buy/xmit-hall-effect-mechanical-keyboard

Found a couple Fujitsu FKB4700 keyboards in my attic a few weeks back. They're pretty badly yellowed, but I'm sure there's some way to clean them up. I'm not really computer savvy, so this might be a stupid question. If I do get them cleaned up and working well, are these things any good to use? Are they worth anything if I decided to sell them?

>buckling spring knockoffs
They aren't even good like the ones made by Alps
If you clean and retr0bright it you might get 40 bucks for each one

I would get topres but I already have reds and I want something tougher
topres 55g have like 50+shipping and taxes to EU from US and the ones on amazon japan dont ship here
im either stuck with topre 45g or some mx clear board like vortex vibe or something to keep me entertained

What do you mean by tougher? Like more tactile or heavier?

My father just brought me this babby from a coworker who's retiring. I'm pretty excited desu

I kinda like it. I'd give it a try for sure.

>lexmark
>ISO
Yuck!

both but by that i meant heavier since the first think i noticed were they were a bit light

>still failing for the no space bar bait

Reds are slightly heavier then 55g topres tho

>Limiting yourself to one layout
You don't belong here

Where is the escape key?

Not really true since the topre switch is basically a long resisting tactile bump.

I use both BAE when I want some comfy typing and ANSI for nomral use. ISO just sucks by making the keys smaller and harder to reach

Not really, I've used both ANSI and ISO all my life and have gotten used to the small left shift. It makes space for an additional key plus ISO caters for so many different languages. It just makes sense to me.

Reds bottom out at 60g, and even with extra thicc orings you'd only reduce that to 50g

I used to be like you until I got an international ANSI keyboard. If you want to be cucked by smaller keys then go ahead

How is it 'getting cucked'. Surely not being capable of hitting a small key accurately makes you more of a cuck than actually being able to.

well that makes me getting 45g topre even less likely then

Except you don't really feel the weight since the switch is linear. With topre there is constant resistance that you can feel in the form of a tactile bump.

Why can't I be bothered to try anything other than Cherry MX Blues?

You're an idiot.

After spending the whole day with my new Realforce 55g I can say I like it even less then before. It feels essentially like a slightly more tactile version of my old dell rubber dome, with a rough and unpleasant bottom out. I've bought it for office use but it's even louder than my cherry clear board, the stabilisers are rattling, and some keys make a weird popping sound, it's starting to get really annoying. Also the cable guide channel damaged the cable badly, almost tearing open the cable jacket. I feel so stupid for paying 230 burger coins for this overpriced meme instead of a cherry keyboard.

I need your advise Sup Forums. What would be a realistic price if I want to sell it in the eu?

Don't listen to this faggot, 55g topre feels slightly heavier than cherry clears.

You're the idiot, Switch weighting isn't only based around how much force is required to bottom out. It's about how much force is required to actuate the keys, and there is significantly more force required on topres.

when is mech price going to drop, they seem popular enough nowadays

sauce me bro
Love me some trackballs

It's already pretty low if you're not trying to buy some prestige brand

pretty sure this cost less(at the time of it's release) than the cheapest decent mech now(adjusted for inflation and all that)

found the manlet that has to make up excuses for the lack of actuation force

You can get mechboards for 30 bucks or less nowadays, about 1.5 years ago the cheapest chinkshit you could find was 70 bucks. Just wait a bit longer if 30 bucks is still too high a price for you.

Depends on what you consider decent, I'd argue for the exact opposite. Electronics and electronics production used to be far more expensive than it is nowadays.

Found the retard that doesn't know what manlet means.
>tfw 60g BKE's

They have dropped. Even 2 years ago you couldn't have had a mech for £/$/€40 new; now you can.

Pic related though, price is going up but it's the only keyboard worth having.

is Ducky a good brand? I'm on Filco Majestouch 2 currently

Not coming from a filco. Just make your filco better.

it doesn't sound like blue alps from videos I've seen

You are better off buying something with mx clear because topre feels like your regular rubber dome.

no it was expensive because it was not cheap to make

nice one. Hope you enjoy that comfy buckling spring

>Extremely close to topres
>MX Cherry compatable
>Cheap

wtf else do you want? Great Keyboard... Layout could use some work

Need a keyboard to go with a laptop for cheap. Not looking for anything too flashy, just a board I can use to play and type out stuff while I am at visiting parents. (I'm an university student, sometimes end up typing for long time)
>Budget
No real "budget", but I want to avoid spending too much just on a keyboard
>Location
Finland. Can order from anywhere as long as they have reasonable shipping.
>Preferred switch type
Tactile preferred, linear ok. No clicky switches.
>Layout
ISO. I wont be using the keyboard that much so I'd rather not spend too much time learning a new layout.
>Form factor
Anything between 80%(TKL) and 60%.
>Previous/current keyboards
I have a regular MX Brown keyboard for my desktop, but just the integrated on my laptop. Bought a cheap Magicforce keyboard a while back with brown switches, but the ANSI layout on it is a pain for me.

Nice tattoo, faggot.

>Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT
Pretty sure they sell iso versions as well

If you like browns then u should get a keyboard with gateron browns. They are literally the surperior version of browns.

Who did you mean to reply too user?

What tattoo?

Get a Ducky One from Ducky Nordic

ya corsair is shit. due to the stabilisers they use the larger keys feel like absolute shit to push down. and also the font is pretty damn bad on it, its like some shitty gaymen font.

Like 30 bucks for a good price, 40 if you are wait a long time. They are Fujistu Peerless switches and they got a lot of problems. They also use rubber domes as well.

>only uses 60g switches
fuckin manlet, dont post again until youre using at least 70g switches

>Height determines what your typing preference is
...What?

Ignore him. He's an american so simply resting his hands on the keyboard will actuate almost every switch, unless they are 90g or higher.

I am American though... I am just trying to understand the logic... Is this the birth of a meme?

Christ, his voice cracks every few seconds

Ducky One is too big, it's not TKL or smaller anyways.
The Cooler Master keyboard ends up being too expensive after shipping. (Over 100€ in Amazon.co.uk)

I think I need to stick with an around 50-60€ £ $ (whatever) budget. I would be completely happy with chinaboards that have cheaper cherry mx clone switches. I just really can't justify spending more money on a keyboard than what I spend on food each month.