/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/rodco/saved/Q4xbjX
pcpartpicker.com/list/gQhKYr
pcpartpicker.com/list/K4TMjc
au.pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#Z=16384002&s=403000,403200&L=0,140&sort=price&page=1
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ayz/saved/yCGnnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

change the cpu info, COFFEE LAKE ISN'T FULLY OUT YET

So the only viable answer for (a) gayman is 1600x?

People running them now would beg to differ

what are you talking about, there is stock every day.

ur a faget but there should be a note about z370 + 8400 being less than perfect value

Should I grab the $99 Dell, throw a poorfag/used GPU and stick of ram in it and use it until ram and gpu's start going down and newer CPU's come out?

>ur a faget
takes one to know one.

people live outside of the US

They do?

So fucking what? At least you know what's coming when it does
It's out, cry more

typical yanks, think the fucking world revolves around them

buy from an international site

Think it’s worth it to just go with 1800x if the money isn’t an issue?

for what purpose?

might as well recommend the r+5 2600 it will launch the same date as intel actually starts shipping out coffee lake.

Would anyone be willing to offer me some feedback on this build?
pcpartpicker.com/user/rodco/saved/Q4xbjX
It's going to be a gayman pc. It's almost the same as the most popular guide build on pcpartpicker (modest gaming) with the following changes:

1x8gb memory to leave room for eventual upgrade
Bronze 80+ efficiency instead of gold, based on discussion I saw on the build suggesting that the lower efficiency wouldn't make a significant difference
Switched out the SSD for a higher storage capacity and cheaper HD (any thoughts on Seagate as a brand?)
Switched cases to make room for an optical drive, as I am a relative luddite

Now, I am a bit retarded at tech and this would be my first build, so were any of those changes stupid?
Additionally, I have a set of those wall plugs you can ethernet into your router and and pc through the wall to avoid wireless, do I need a wired network adapter as well to use that?
Lastly, the computer as it is is around 800, ideally I don't want to go significantly higher, and I plan on waiting until black friday to see if anything gets cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

Is it worth getting any amd over coffee lake for gaming?

You need an SSD, no ifs no buts

yeah and pay $80 for shipping (even if it does ship here), wait 3+ weeks for it to arrive and if there are any issues just flush it down the toilet

are 2nd gen ryzen going to have igpu?

sucks to suck

alternatively I can just buy from their competition

Gaming/streaming

B-but I want more than 500gb of storage without spending 200 dollars. My last pc died a few months back and I never minded the lack of an SSD, what makes them so essential now?
Is that the only thing that stands out as a problem?

what competition?

which brand is the best for a b350 mobo?

>covfefe

nice meme

then get the fucking cheap evo 125gb ssd and a HDD for storage

thanks I try

GUYS PLEASE ANSWER. IS THERE ANY REASON I SHOULD BUY AN AMD OVER COFFEE LAKE FOR GAMING

availability. That's it

>FOR GAMING
either 8600k, 8700k or ryzen, don't bother with the locked cpu's, the whole point of intel is to overclock them.

there will be APUs, but it's not comparable to Intels igpu.

How did I do?

Should I get this?

2 x 16GB DDR4-3200
CL16-18-18-38
1.35V

$330 CDN
$260 USD

Oh and it's a Samsung B-die

isn't the 580 supposed to be a $200 card?

thanks for the eye cancer.

no
how tall is that shit anyway

>no
why not? other than having annoying LED and being fugging HUEG

I've never heard of that company before, website looks sketchy as fug, and they might not even have it in stock
user pls

Price is good if you need 32gb right now.
Check if it would block your cpu cooler.

pcpartpicker.com/list/gQhKYr

the colored fan would go on the cpu cooler, as a centerpiece

no, it's usually around $300

it's a quality card, you'll enjoy it. plus you can add on another for crossfire down the line

sure
that case comes with two fans already, are you sure you need that many more?

I finally ordered my 1060 6GB today lads. Hopefully it will do me well for a while.

>580x2 crossfire
Wouldn't that require a large PSU?

swapping them because they're white, and 140mm fans are usually quieter

Will the factory fan speeds on a blower style 980Ti cooler be enough to keep from thermal throttling at stock clocks?

you're waifu a shit

>window
>fractal design
whats the point?

ok, just making sure

so i can watch the fans spin

I would get the 8600k instead just for the option to OC later

Nvidia is selling the 1070ti for $450. Is this a good deal for someone starting from scratch?

That RAM seems oddly overpriced, even accounting for recent trends in memory costs/availability. I got a 2x8GB kit for $125 or something only some months back, towards the middle of the year. I'm sure you can get a good kit on Newegg or a local retailer when BF/CM come by after Thanksgiving. Either way, a 1x8 is a minimum these days, 2x8 is pretty good.

Seagate used to be complete dogshit (Not to be confused with Seasonic, a great brand). Supposedly, they are somewhat better now, but they're still low-tier. Get a 125GB SSD at minimum for your OS/desktop, then get a 1tb HDD for further storage of music, videos, etc.

Get a decent gold PSU with some wattage above min requirements for your rig if possible. You can use it in the future that way. I got a USED 750w gold PSU in my first build 4, almost 5 years ago, and it's stood with me through two upgrades and one rebuild.

If you absolutely need access to disk content, there are USB external disc readers/writers you can use instead of spending money on a new case and reader. You can buy a top-tier case used from Craigslist or something if you want to as well.

Everything else is mostly fine.

> do I need a wired network adapter

Presumably not, if you have proper wiring already set up in the house.

pcpartpicker.com/list/K4TMjc
All arrived
how did I do lads

>au.pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#Z=16384002&s=403000,403200&L=0,140&sort=price&page=1
JUST

rgb/10. Post pic when you finish your chirstmas tree.

I wouldn't do the same thing myself, but nothing stands out as completely wrong.

>Ryzen is good for ga-

Is it normal for ram to cost as much as my cpu?

Depends on the RAM and CPU. If it's Ryzen 3 or i3 it sucks for you.

>USB disk reader
I hadn't even thought such a thing would exist, thanks user!
I'll stick with a gold PSU, then. If I'm planning for a good upgrade path I suppose it doesn't make sense to cut corners on the power supply anyways. Thanks. I'll also look for a better hdd for storage, probably sandisk, samsung, or Toshiba (I've seen a few good comments about Toshiba on Sup Forums). The ram there is more or less a place holder, for it and the storage I'm really hoping to find good deals after thanksgiving. Thanks again.

I thought the 8400 was locked?

ming on a budget

>christmas tree
I-I only have two RGB fans and keyboard ._.
[spoiler]and an aio[/spoiler]

1600 + samsung b die

Why there is pentium g4600 but not g4560 in cheap builds?

>poorfag
Just get a console. The point of PC is to be on the cutting edge.

Right now that is about normal. I did the same thing and the RAM only costed $20 less

The point of PC is options.

Why settle for less?

What are the actual benefits of having an m.2 ssd over a sata ssd that is worth paying more for

Because he doesn't want to spend the extra money for more.

Well zer should stop being poor and you should stop assuming genders.

Go do something, you seem bored.

Not him but, because you have the option to. Just because I can blow a weeks salary on a PC doesn't mean I should. You can taylor it to what you will use it for. You don't need a $1000 pc if all you are going to do is play old games and browse the internet. It is all about choices. You have the choice to make your PC your own. With other platforms you are locked out of features that PC's get for free. Having a Pc is about freedom. Freedom to make it what you want and do what you want on it.

Better than telling retards who can't use Google to buy this hunk of silicon over this one.

retard

who /8700k/ here

>63360610
>synthetic bench marks

Nice projection brainlet, I have a PhD.

>samsung b die
could it be TFORCE NIGHT HAWK BLU LED EDITION

post dem blue RAM sticks

Exactly what I did, absolutely if you've got money to burn. Go for mini towers because the SFFs cuck you with only being able to fit half height cards.

Any good BTX motherboards?

Nobody

Pic related. If for whatever reason you can't find anything but SFFs, don't bother with the GT 1030. Get the small GTX 1050s or 1050 tis but be warned the small Tis are overpriced as fuck. The PSU in these units can handle it.

I need to get a pc for my grandma. It basically will just be used for email and playing solitaire and other old people shit. Do you think this build would be good enough.
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ayz/saved/yCGnnQ

You could probably get something ysed that is better

Just get an Optiplex from Ebay, throw in a SSD if you're feeling generous.

If you’re not meme, just buy her a used optiplex and clean it up

So then do you think if I can get an optiplex with a 3rd gen i5 for around $100 that's a good deal? The one I found has an i5 3570 with 4gb of memory and a 1tb hdd. It already looks much better than what I put together. Should I check craigs list as well?

Lots of people (enthusiasts like the ones in these threads) already have Coffee Lake CPUs, retard.

Not on AMD's 8 core parts, but they'll have Zen/Vega APUs next year with up to 8 threads, as 4c/4t and 4c/8t

Yes but they'll be loud

G4560 was out of stock at MSRP, still is

Har har

Form factor

Or to be a pirate

>not a single average below 60FPS

price, if you want >4 threads you can get it for JUST over 200 dollars on ryzen

I got lucky on Amazon with the exact specs and pricesyou listed. But that was a ridiculous deal, I was looking for a 2nd gen i3 but ended up getting an ivy i5. I doubt you'll be able to get an Ivy because Ebay sellers mark those up for whatever reason but a Sandy i5 Optiplex is doable. Look on there. They range though, be careful some kikes try to charge $50 for. shipping.