Is high Sierra the worst macOS release?

this shit is complete ass on my system

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/22509421/try-to-set-an-icon-to-a-file-in-cocoa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't you have some "look guys, i have the new Windows 10 ui " posts to make?

works fine here uwu
lol

My bluetooth constantly hangs, cant be turned off and won't connect to devices without a reboot, so yes

Any way to get that high radius blur using compton?

Here we see macOs being used to its fullest potential...

What is that music player in the menu bar?

It’s perfectly fine on my 2013 MBP, basically nothing really changed for me except for EVERY fucking Microsoft App was broken after the Update and needed an update but the Microsoft servers were as slow as a fucking dial-up and took several hours to download. Really appealing Microsoft, totally considering switching back to Windblows when they artificially break their Apps with every major MacOS update.
>haha l-look it just werks on our own system bitch lasagna show bobs

high sierra is complete shit.
i have to restart my mbp 2016 every 2 days.

UI hangs, kernel panics...

my mbp 2012 had non of this issues.

No issues on my MacBook pro 2017

same

Just use iWork.

You're correct.

>dude we don't hack with an x anymore, we homosexual niggers now xD

What's the default icon for .json files on macOS?
I changed the default app to open it from firefox to textedit and the icon is just a blank page which triggers my autism. Is the icon cache broken or is it normal?

MBP 15" retina 2015 works fine
MB retina 2017 has some issues when rebooting (fs seems to fsck for 15 minutes from time to time)
on both mail.app switches between classic and side by side layout every 2nd app restart
it's meh

you're probably using some shitty editor that force-sets icons to the files you're editing. you'll need to do something like this here for every file:

stackoverflow.com/questions/22509421/try-to-set-an-icon-to-a-file-in-cocoa

xD

IMO it's slower.
Downgraded to Mavericks, it's so fast and just werks.

I use vim, I just set textedit (which is the default macOS editor) as the default program to open .json files in case I need to quickly make an edit.
Pic related, it's just that the blank icon for the .json file doesn't change even when the file isn't empty (unlike my .txt files for example), so I figured something must be wrong with the icon cache

I noticed no difference in performance between Sierra and High Sierra on an early 2015 macbook air.

That's rough. I have a 2015 13 inch retina mbp and I've been lucky enough not to get hit by any issues yet.

The Sierra upgrade did fuck me over plenty last year though, Safari would crash the OS repeatedly until they released a fix.

OP I just hackintosh my shit and always, without failure, the .1 and .2 versions usually have issues with performance or stability. But after that everything is fucking fantastic. So I don't have a clue, maybe keep Sierra, it's not like they added a ton of shit to High Sierra. In fact when I installed High Sierra even with this APFS thing (maybe because it's an SSD there's not that much of a difference) it seemed like 10.12.7 rather than 10.13

yeah mail and safari have been complete ass to me

No problems here. Runs great on my Air and my Mac Mini

I would switch to hackintosh if I could do one really fucked up thing that I can only manage on Windows:

Connect my 280x to a CRT TV through a VGA -> RGB SCART cable and use superwide resolutions.

I know very few people who do that, but maybe SwitchResX is able to do this thing? Fuck if I know...

I've never succeeded in creating a Hackintosh.

Very easy on Thinkpad 400 models and certain Gigabyte mobos (both of which I have, T420 and GA-Z97N-WiFi)
you just need to borrow a friend's mac to create the install material, or setup a virtual machine (much more of a pain in the ass)

Maybe it's time to upgrade then, cheapskate. See

Yeah, fucked my Git for some reason,
having troubles getting it to work

>macshit

Found your problem.

Same shit. If you do a clean install it may bog your machine because of spotlight and photos indexing. My photos lib has hundreds of gigabytes and photod fried my CPU for a day processing faces, geolocation and other stuff. That allows you to search for ocean or mountain photos.

> Spot the shitty hackintosh user

Why would you go you way to shoehorn an incompatible operating system into your system disabling all its driver signing and making it unstable? FFS just use the proper tools for the proper job.