Mechanical engineering textbooks

Can anyone please recommend textbooks about mechanical engineering? I have seen mention of Shigley. Is there any more advanced I could possibly skip to?

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/courses/mechanical-engineering/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/#mechanical-engineering
assets.engr.psu.edu/MNE/docs/Academic Plans/ME-LZ-AcademicPlan.pdf.
libgen.pw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Robin Hartshorne,
Algebraic Geometry

what level of mechE are you at? freshman sophmore?

Any specific focus? Really just use your class textbooks.

I'm out of school, just looking to learn for fun. Was an econ major unfortunately. Also took a little math, just up to differential equations and real analysis.

Lol, is that really used?

Yes

Is there a textbook that explains how the concepts are used?

But isn't /sci/ for theoretical and /technology/ is applied?

It should be obvious after reading it

Haha I guess I am just a brainlet. After reviewing the Amazon preview the applications aren't obvious to me.

There is a reason why it take 4 years to earn a mechanical engineering degree.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/mechanical-engineering/

Right. Just trying to figure out which textbooks connect Quigley with for example your Algebraic Geometry text.

1) Visit the website of any university with an engineering school
2) Look at the pages for the classes
3) Look at the books they use

Asking for books about "mechanical engineering" is useless in my opinion. Which classes are you interested in? Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials?...Something higher level?

If you don't know where to start then start with:
ocw.mit.edu/courses/#mechanical-engineering

Good luck.

SCOOPED!...dammit.

?

Someone beat me to the punch in posting the MIT website. I was scooped.

Maybe so but those guys hash out their favorite textbooks on the daily and everybody on that board seems to be in some kind of schooling. Sup Forums is mostly NEETs as far as I can tell.

I was starting with the PSU Mechanical Engineering plan: assets.engr.psu.edu/MNE/docs/Academic Plans/ME-LZ-AcademicPlan.pdf. Some of the linked books didn't have previews on Amazon. I know sometimes books in a sequence tend to repeat themselves. I read more and found Quigley was widely used but looking at it I was wondering if there was another book that typically followed it that I could skip to. I guess specifically would be strength of materials. I will check the MIT OCW.

I was also thinking to buy Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Structure, and Change by Atkins and de Paula and Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications by Cengel and Cimbala.

Oh, ok, thank you. I've read Sup Forums for a little but not /sci/. Will check them out.

Nice, thank you. I was looking at Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications by Cengel and Cimbala. Do you happen to know anything about how that differs from Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences?

libgen.pw/
This site has almost every textbook and technical handbook you an think of.

Different Uni's use different books but he fundamental concepts are the same

Oh, yeah. Interesting to me that two of the authors have another book that on first glance looks very similar. Looks like maybe "Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications" has a little more so might go with that one.

Check the /sci/ wiki! They have a ton of shit. Then use b-ok.org